The Student Room Group

Are your parents still in love with one another?

Scroll to see replies

Well they've been divorced for a decade and a half so if they do they both missed their calling as professional actors, because the hate between the two of them is phenomenal.

On the plus side seeing how the divorce and everything affected my mum has made it damn sure I'll never cheat, never forgiven my dad for all that.
Original post by tehforum
Your internet speed begs to differ.

Internet speed =/= wealth.

Not all of us need our pron those extra mili-seconds faster :wink:
He's in love with her, she hates him. Lol.
Reply 43

belive it or not thats not my regular speed
im on a 10mbps package but due to crap weather or something there was a day where it was that bad
and i hardly think internet speed = wealth.
Reply 44
My parents are divorced but still like each other.
Reply 45

How can you know this?! :zomg:

I'm on my phone...does this make me sad or what?!
No idea, but they don't particularly seem to be. They're always complaining about each other, and don't ever really seem to talk. If I talk to one on the phone about something, and it comes up a week later with the other they'll have no idea what I'm talking about, for example. That kind of thing happens a lot. And dad used to give mum a quick kiss every night after dinner, but I've noticed that doesn't even happen anymore. But it's not as if they hate each other or appear to be on the verge of splitting up or anything. So I dunno, they co-habit =P
Yep, and together for over thirty years now.

They still make each other laugh, spend loads of time together, and occasionally do the odd romantic thing (Dad brings home flowers, or Mum surprises Dad with a present or something). Never seen them argue about anything serious, just the occasional disagreement about something stupid that lasts a few minutes. I'd love to have a marriage like theirs.
Reply 48
Haha nope.
They hate each other so much, but due to their religion they can't get a divorce.
Woo for Catholicism. :dry:
Reply 49
They might have done at some point, but I'm sure they don't now. They are friendly towards each other when they meet (which is very rarely as he lives in England) though which is good :smile: both have other partners now too.
Wow, it surprises me how many peoples parents hate each other.

My parents are happy and in love. I'm glad, I'd hate having step parents and switching between two families. I honeslty believe that neither of them would cheat on eachother and are happy. Aww :3
Reply 51
I don't think so, yet I hear odd bumping noises in the night. Damned attic ghost.
Reply 52
Going on 22 years together and yeah, I'd like to think so. :h:
Reply 53
what is causing marriage of a couple not to last long , why is that ? I've read so many posts of unhappy marriages , and i dont comprehend why they dislike each other after a short period of time.
Reply 54
Original post by f00ddude
well, if not, im pretty sure my mums love of my dads money will be enough

This. :rolleyes:
Yes, they do both love each other. I notice it a lot, their relationship is better than any other couple I know of who have been together for as long as they have.
Reply 56
Original post by shygirl92
Classic example. And there's no showing your mum how much better off she is without him, and how much she really is worth. It's horrid. I bet if your mum was someone else, she'd not bear your fathers crap. Your dad should appreciate what a patient and self-depreciating wife he has. Silently suffering is a torture he would never understand let alone be able to bear.

Make your mum proud and happy. Do for her what your father couldn't. Learn from your parents and treat your wife like you wanted your mum to be treated.

Eww i sound like a bossy old granny.

That is exactly true, I feel so sorry for my mum sometimes. My Dad definitely wouldn't stay quiet if he was the one being treated like this, unfortunately he seems to think the world revolves around him. He thinks he's the King and the rest of the family are his servants :sigh: Can't wait til I get out of the house and into uni.
Reply 57
I highly doubt they ever loved each other, honestly. They certainly hated each other by the time I was about two and they weren't together that long before I came along. My mum met Dad on the rebound off her first marriage, got married pretty quick, had me, put up with him for four years or so whilst he yelled at her constantly, then he ran off with a girl from the office (my stepmum must've been about 19 when she started seeing my dad) and then they split up.
My stepdad and mum are very happy, they've been together for about 13 years now.
Mine got engaged within 4 days of meeting each other :tongue: 20 years on and they're still in love as ever! Haha, it's kind of cheesy but they are literally each others soul-mates... I guess I'm just really lucky to have been brought up in such a secure family environment :smile:
Reply 59
My parents are still married after about 25ish years and still love each other. They buy each other little presents and stuff, and for my mum's birthday my dad bought her a kitten after my mum's cat died and she started crying out of happiness and so did he, which was sweet. And I know they love each other a lot. I can hear it *vom*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending