Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Giving, people are crap at buying me presents I've found!

ReputationRep:
    Receiving ...and giving if I'm giving to someone I actually like.

ReputationRep:
    friends...

ReputationRep:
    Giving. I hate receiving, so awkward!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm versatile. I like a bit of both, if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    Both. At the same time. :sexface:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    Why would I want to give?
    Because it tastes feels good?

ReputationRep:
    Giving. So much more than receiving, receiving is nice and all, free stuff, thoughtful presents, but I'm not sure there is anything on this world that makes me happier than giving a gift to someone I love and seeing them open it. I seriously love presents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Because it tastes feels good?
    LoL

And, does it? I just feel pissed off that I am out of pocket.

ReputationRep:
    Always giving!

ReputationRep:
    Giving! (Especially to my boyfriend ).
    I try to put a lot of effort in to choosing presents and I enjoy seeing the recipient's face when they see what they've got! .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94_confessions)
    Giving! (Especially to my boyfriend ).
    Just gifts? :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Just gifts? :hubba:
    Everything I give to my boyfriend could be seen as a gift .

ReputationRep:
    Well both really. Idk...I mean, sometimes you don't know how to react when opening a present if you don't really like it, you don't want to actually show you don't like it, but you don't want to react too over the top and suspicious.

But giving can be just as bad, as sometimes I get really stuck when buying someone a present, like they either have everything, or there seems to be nothing out there that I would think they'd like.

However this year for me family, I think I've pretty much got it spot on if I say so myself Nah, but seriously, me sister is only 10 and I bought her lots of toy cars/aeroplanes, cos she mentions she really likes them, but me mam (and santa for that matter) have never even given her any gift of the sort.

Me dad he loves his t-shirts, so I got him one of his favourite band, and my mam I got some sugar mice (her all-time favourite sweets) and a £10 Next voucher, because she never buys anything for herself, and Next is like her favourite shop. I have a feeling me mam will say ''How dare you spend that money on me!'' and make me take it back...I'll tell her I've thrown out the receit and I don't want to spend a tenner at next (well I would but I won't tell her that :P)

ReputationRep:
    I, like some of the other posters, thought this was about something else.

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    Seriously! go and look at spazmans profile picture and you'll get the picture. you'll see my point. then get back to me with your opinion. until then make sure you stop talking crap.
    I did look up on it. It's the same as his sig

ReputationRep:
    Receiving.

Yeah, I'm selfish. Fact is though no one I know really needs any more crap.

I don't like getting stuff either. I only like receiving because I get money, but my family can't just all give each other money, that would be farcical...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more about the sharing and the having and the giving and receiving..

ReputationRep:
    I'd say both to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I evidently have a very rude mind.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.