Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did she feel the need to lie about Masturbation - and why is she now continuing?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneYearLDR)
    My replies are in bold.

what?!! so her head was physically shoved into the screen and at gunpoint she was forced to look at someone's thing?
    not her fault?? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    She's obviously really hurting you and doesn't seem to be doing much to remedy the situation. Granted you both seem wound up and talking right now probably won't help anything but from what you're saying it sounds like you should break up. If you still feel this wound up and upset and angry about her tomorrow morning/ next time you see her, you probably should end it. If you cool down and can find ways of repairing this, that's that. It's obviously real difficult for you but if she's making you this unhappy... it's not worth a relationship.
    I know what you mean - but fml, it's easier said than done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anzerftum)
    what?!! so her head was physically shoved into the screen and at gunpoint she was forced to look at someone's thing?
    not her fault?? :mad:
    She says she closed immediately, but what do I know? I don't have her passwords or anything...

Is it bad that other guys showing her their bits on cam is one of the least of my concerns and there are much bigger ones? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    She says she closed immediately, but what do I know? I don't have her passwords or anything...

Is it bad that other guys showing her their bits on cam is one of the least of my concerns and there are much bigger ones? :erm:
    ookay
    i don't know.. three options - have a big messy conversation about it all, disappear for a while and wait for her to realise what she's done, suffer

ReputationRep:

Meh, i'm just dumping her tbh, **** it, i've had enough.
    Your going to dump her over that? Get used to having very short and unsatisfying relationships if your willing to end them over such trivial and stupid things..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Anna<)
    Yes, even to our own boyfriends sometimes. We're just not used to talking about it.

If you're wound up about the masturbation thing, you're seriously over-reacting.
    Someone needs a bit of self-loving.

ReputationRep:
    Chill out mate. I know you feel like you're going mental, I know what you're feeling is more intense than anything you've felt before, I know this all seems absolutely massive and overwhelming, but in a couple of years time you'll laugh about it, honestly. Evasiveness over a spot of self-service isn't worth getting into a fuss over. I know where your head is right now and I'm not judging you, but you're acting in a paranoid and possessive manner.

Once you get it into your head that you have any right to control your partner's behaviour, you're on a very slippery slope towards becoming an abusive partner. The more you pry, the more paranoid you become, the more nervous and evasive she gets, until eventually things turn very sour indeed. It's a vicious cycle of mistrust that you can't recover from. If you think that it's just a momentary lapse, you need to chill out, let things cool off and put it behind you. If you don't feel that you can trust her, you need to break up and find someone you can trust. You can't make someone trustworthy, it just doesn't work like that, but you can wreck both of your lives by trying.

ReputationRep:
    With the amount of *****es on this thread who don't see the slightest thing wrong with lying to their partners or saying it's justified because they can't talk about "embarassing" things with them, let me just say that I'm incredibly glad I'm not a lesbian.

For god's sake, it's hardly a massive lie - it's clearly a very akward subject for here so why do you keep bringing it up? You sound obsessive and possesive - maybe you should break up with here because you sound like the boyfriend from hell. Or maybe you can realise that even though she's your girlfriends she's still entitled to space and privacy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.