Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My laptop. My choice. I probably wont even go downstairs on crimbo until everyone else comes upstairs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not allowed, but I will anyway. A whole day sober with humans is overwhelming. Boxing day however, I have no internet but it's a tradition in our family to get drunk. Well, on my dad's side of the family anyway.

I remember two years ago on boxing day when I was out of it, and had to fix my cousin's computer. That was hilarious. My dad downloaded an "anti-virus" program but it was in fact another virus. My brother was rolling around laughing and I kept falling off the chair. A job that should have taken me 2 hours took me 5. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I could if I wanted in the morning with just us 3 here, but I doubt I'll want to.

ReputationRep:
    When I still had lots of living relatives, and relatives residing in the UK, and was forced to spend Christmas with all of them at my grandparents, there was no internets.

These days Christmas is much nicer. And there is internets.

Boxing day is better, there's usually lots of alcohol and that makes tolerating constant exposure to family somewhat easier.

ReputationRep:
    Probably only us 4 at home rest of my family live hundreds of miles away and have their own family. Not feeling Christmassy at all

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know how I'd survive the most boring day of the year without the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I do use it quite a lot, because I'm the only young'un in the house and therefore we do nothing except presents and eat anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hello no...they couldn't stop me if they tried.

ReputationRep:
    I probably will, in the interlude after dinner when everybody's having a nap and whatevs. Then return for christmas cake and Doctor Who :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's just like any other day, so probably...

ReputationRep:
    I have a Blackberry, so I'll probably put a 'merry christmas' status up on Facebook and check my email at intervals. But yeah, I certainly won't be breaking out the laptop, unless I get a new one or something and I want to try it out...

ReputationRep:
    i dont celebrate christmas till the 7th

ReputationRep:
    I'll be on the internet until 9.30ish in the morning when my grandparents arrive to pick me up, then I will be either traveling oop north or in the land of no internet with just my phone so I won't be online until boxing day evening, two days without internet :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm banned from it, but as a personal choice I wouldn't want to go online.

ReputationRep:
    I probably won't be able to, until I go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Of course!

OP: Where is the poll?

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's weird to not go on the computer or internet on Christmas day for me and family

Like what else would you do during the day after present opening, a little family bonding etc and before Christmas dinner / the evening

You get the dreaded empty afternoon period with nowt but old christmas films and some family films on... quite boring tbh, the internet fills in that gap of time mostly

ReputationRep:
    I am allowed ( no one stops me anyway, lol) and I do until around 9am when I start to prepare the dinner and then my brother arrives.I dont use the net while hes here because it seems rude to me and then theres always the chance he'll hog it and look at innappropriate stuff as hes done before!!. So I put it upstairs and then I surf the net in bed when I go to bed around 10pm.This year though I have an Iphone so I'll be able to check FB etc throughout the day.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. My siblings are still quite young and believe in Santa, so they're still wake up really early to open presents. So yes, because by 7am I can guarantee that we'll be up, presents opened everything up. The little 'uns will be in their room playing by this point, mum will have started cooking and dad would have gone down to granddad's for a bit :dontknow: So yeah, I probably will be on :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's Christmas now. So a little bit. Nothing happens before the evening.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.