Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lol, 13. Dont think I even knew what a degree in medicine was and what use it had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Life)
    Hi, thanks I know your right. Medicine is not like me studying every minute of my life, im a relaxed person, but I have decided rather than just not doing anything maybe start studying. So saying Medicine is my life I dont literally mean that, im meaning like its my dream job, my aim of life, my ambition etc.

I do understand what you mean. You've decided that medicine is the career for you...just be careful not to post something similar in the forums too often

Some people tend to get a bit annoyed with younger people posting about things like that, simply because they themselves are going through a lot of stress at the moment with current applications. I've flown off the handle with many a 12 year old last year for the same thing.

Don't take the angry comments personally The fact that you have a clear ambition at this stage is good, but can be misinterpreted.

ReputationRep:
    After you 'get' into medicine, whats next seeing your life is 'getting into medicine'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    I do understand what you mean. You've decided that medicine is the career for you...just be careful not to post something similar in the forums too often

Some people tend to get a bit annoyed with younger people posting about things like that, simply because they themselves are going through a lot of stress at the moment with current applications. I've flown off the handle with many a 12 year old last year for the same thing.

Don't take the angry comments personally The fact that you have a clear ambition at this stage is good, but can be misinterpreted.
    Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    lololol seiously calm down, I never even knew a degree in medicine existed until 5th year (scotland) and now I'm in my third year studying it...

dunno when you guys choose your GCSEs? but calm down, get some hobbies, watch tv and enjoy how easy school actually is. take the right subjects and revise when it comes down to it. your current life is more important than your future one as a medical student (which is very likely to happen if you are this passionate about it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauline_lg)
    lololol seiously calm down, I never even knew a degree in medicine existed until 5th year (scotland) and now I'm in my third year studying it...

dunno when you guys choose your GCSEs? but calm down, get some hobbies, watch tv and enjoy how easy school actually is. take the right subjects and revise when it comes down to it. your current life is more important than your future one as a medical student (which is very likely to happen if you are this passionate about it)
    Thanks, I know. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you are this passionate you will definitely get in

ReputationRep:
    Dude are you really 13?

Medicine isn't your life! You haven't even had one yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winter_mute)
    Dude are you really 13?

Medicine isn't your life! You haven't even had one yet!
    :rofl2:

rep for Bansky's quote. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I would focus on discovering girls, beer and the ganjga before thinking about applying...

ReputationRep:
    As many people have iterated, it is facile to say medicine is 'your life' aged 13. I appreciate you may be very interested in it, and that's good, but don't shut your mind off to any other career - especially at such an early age. Further, you do not need anything like 10A*s to stand a chance, I had 1.5 and got offers.

ReputationRep:
    What a saddo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    What a saddo.
    That's harsh. She is only 13. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    And my little brother is 12 and has a lot more sense than this. Her parents should ban her from forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    No I'm not a medical student, just thought I'd put your mind at ease about your GCSEs :-)

Although I got A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAA in my GCSEs, so probably wouldn't have made it into medicine even if I'd wanted to.. but I was expecting to get all Cs the whole way through Y10 and Y11!
    My brosef got into kings college london for medicine on 1 A*, 8 A's and a few B's. Don't sell yourself short those are great grades and you should be proud of them Really you only need a handful of A*'s or A's, good AS, work experience and you have a decent shot at medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Thanks I know people now a days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.