Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calling all Christians - I need you to pray for someone! Watch

(Original post by PerigeeApogee)
    Nobody can pray for her. People can certainly TRY to pray for her, i.e., babble nonsense to themselves in a room with their palms together. But nobody can ACTUALLY pray.
    As they say; it's the thought that counts, and I've been really thankful for the emotional support.

Just so you all know: Gran died this morning, so I'll say thank you once again to those who prayed and gave us their good wishes.

Amy Frances Tuson, please rest in peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    As they say; it's the thought that counts, and I've been really thankful for the emotional support.

Just so you all know: Gran died this morning, so I'll say thank you once again to those who prayed and gave us their good wishes.

Oh , I'm so sorry
    May she rest in peace.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I've not started this thread for people to debate the finer points of religion, or to tell me whether or not, in your opinion, God exists: I just want you to pray for my grandmother if you believe in God.

You don't need to send a reply into this thread, but please remember Fran in your prayers.

If you don't believe in God or anything like that, then please just remember this woman who has spend her life helping others, and who has survived illness after illness, and whose wisdom will benefit my family and all those around her for years to come!

Thank you all very much, and I hope you all have a good Christmas.
    Of course I'll pray for her mate though you haven't said what for?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your loss =\ .

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I've not started this thread for people to debate the finer points of religion, or to tell me whether or not, in your opinion, God exists: I just want you to pray for my grandmother if you believe in God.

You don't need to send a reply into this thread, but please remember Fran in your prayers.

If you don't believe in God or anything like that, then please just remember this woman who has spend her life helping others, and who has survived illness after illness, and whose wisdom will benefit my family and all those around her for years to come!

Thank you all very much, and I hope you all have a good Christmas.
    i know a lovely ultra religious rabbi who prayed endlessly and died of cancer aged 30 so dont you go thinking praying is going to increase her chances of survival. just remember everyone has to go some time, and spend as much time with her as possible.
    as youve said, shes survived illness after illness so im sure shes a strong lady

(Original post by jamesman13)
    i know a lovely ultra religious rabbi who prayed endlessly and died of cancer aged 30 so dont you go thinking praying is going to increase her chances of survival. just remember everyone has to go some time, and spend as much time with her as possible.
    as youve said, shes survived illness after illness so im sure shes a strong lady
    It wasn't just about keeping her alive, it was about keeping her soul.

Thank you for your thought, but like I said before, she died at just after nine this morning. But she died fighting.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you Christians stop fighting stem cell research so people might live a while longer, people like Fran?

ReputationRep:
    done it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    Why don't you Christians stop fighting stem cell research so people might live a while longer, people like Fran?
    bit of a double edged sword, that one

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your thought, but like I said before, she died at just after nine this morning. But she died fighting.
    Really sorry to hear about your loss. My grandad died a couple of weeks ago so I somewhat know how you feel. I'll still be praying for your family in general during this period!

(Original post by EEngWillow)
    Really sorry to hear about your loss. My grandad died a couple of weeks ago so I somewhat know how you feel. I'll still be praying for your family in general during this period!
    Thank you, and I'm sorry. I'll pray for you as well.

ReputationRep:
    I will pray for her.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry for your loss =( Well done on responding to such inappropriately timed criticism with dignity.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

Just remember that it's all in God's plan, even if it doesn't always feel like it

Shall continue to pray for you and your family

(Original post by Planar)
    I don't fight stem cell research. In fact I think it is highly useful. Don't assume that because some Christians dislike one thing, all Christians do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Muslim and I've prayed for your Gran. Every prayer counts, right?

I wish your Gran the best of luck

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.