Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is £20 contract good for BlackBerry 8520 for two years? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    Cheers for that, for some reason I overlooked the 'and' between UK mobiles and 01, 02 etc.

1GB should be plenty, this sounds like a good deal and from previous posters, its not a bad phone and new.

go for it!

EDIT: hold up. 300 mins and 300 texts. you sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    go for it!

EDIT: hold up. 300 mins and 300 texts. you sure?
    I reckon that's a lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    I reckon that's a lot?
    300 mins is okish but 300 texts is like tooooooooo less. for me that is.

depends on what you use it for.

ReputationRep:
    i have a blackberry bold 9700, unlt text and internet, 400mins orange
    free phone, £19 a month, 24 months

and i've had that deal since febuary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xc1991)
    i have a blackberry bold 9700, unlt text and internet, 400mins orange
    free phone, £19 a month, 24 months

and i've had that deal since febuary
    Where are people finding these deals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    Where are people finding these deals?
    look around man, but of course the main reason i got it so cheap, was because i used Quidco (cashback site) to get £120 back for the contract.

contract was orginally £100 for the phone and £20 a month for 24 months, but with the £120 cashback it was effectivly a free phone and £19 a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    you can ring UK Mobiles

You can ring numbers starting with 01, 02, 03, i.e: you can phone a 0208 number and it'll come out of your inclusive minutes

when ringing voicemail, the minutes that you are in voicemail will come out of your inclusive minutes.

Texts are to UK mobile networks e.g. orange, T mob, 3, vodafone etc

unlimited internet is always capped to either 1GB or 2GB. (only some contracts are truly unlimited)
    I read it as voicemail is not included and that you will have to pay for it. At least that's the case with my t-mobile contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    Unlimited Internet, etc, bearing in mind the phone, won't it be quite old in two years?

Just wondering what people thing before I buy...?

THANKS
    I bought the bb 3g phone for £200, and then got a sim only contract for £10 a month, unlimited texts and 300mins, its a 12month contract, and if you can be bothered to work it out, its cheaper, you can get an internet bolt on for an extra £5 a month if you want, but I didn't really need it cos I've got wifi at home, so I can just connect it to that..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.