Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Racist People! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You can call them rude/jerks and I'd agree but racists? come now stop using that word so easily

Just shake it off and move on

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand how that was racist but anyway I'll share my racism story...

At work theres this new lovely little pakistani girl, Sunny, shes about 4 ft nothing and very shy and softly spoken, not a bad bone in her body... the type of person who just makes you want to mother them. Last saturday this customer came in to get a refund which he wasnt able to get for whatever reason. He was served by Michelle (who is white) and was perfectly polite to her, but as he was leaving he complete went off on poor little Sunny who had absolutely nothing to do with the situation. He was screaming at her at the top of his lungs, poking her in the chest and she was too polite to even answer back, she just stood there and took it all. Michelle and I stepped in and started shouting at him, then I called the police but he ran away before they got there.

But anyway yes, racism is disgusting, I'd like to hunt that ******** down and cut his balls off!

ReputationRep:
    I think they situation with racism is improving; people seem to not care so much about race. Well in the younger generations; however, institutional prejudice is still rife in some institutions.

Personally I think race is unimportant, we should all focus on agendas such as the direction of our state and the type of democracy we have. When I conduct experiments such as placing threads on crap like ‘should I date a white girl' there is a very rapid response, on the issue of if our democracy is truly sovereign people stay quite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shubham_ag)
    http://buzzytimes.com/wp-content/upl...Tendulkar1.jpg

Sorry for going off topic but I just had to do that. :P

Please continue your discussion and @OP: My apologies and sympathies.
    I don't like the Indian cricket team much because most players are very cocky (with the exception of Tendulkar and a few others), but even I have immense respect for Sachin...and believe it or not (and I'm sure you already know), there are plenty of people out there who hate Sachin!
    That includes 3 of my classmates :P
    other examples include....
    and here http://amplicate.com/hate/sachin-tendulkar

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the belt thing, but Racist people are not good! just ignore them next time!

ReputationRep:
    OP seems to have a problem with white guys. Maybe you should stop being racist yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lemme get straight to the point.

Today I was driving and looked in my mirror and saw two (white male) drivers in the back car signalling hand movements at me.

So I looked, and he was pulling his belt as to say "your belt isn't on". When I was clearly wearing one, so I pulled my belt out and signalled I was wearing one. His friend sitting next to him then stuck his head out of the window saying "you ain't wearing a f*****g belt". They KNEW I was wearing a belt as I had a conversation (through the mirror) with them for a good 5 minutes.

They then carried on to follow my car, and when they found it too much of a hassle they went the direction they were supposed to.

I'm an Asian by the way. I didn't know this sort of racism still existed, I had a few friends in my car aswell who wear the headscarf. I think if I was alone, they would have followed me..

I don't know why this has affected me quite a bit, maybe it's me being weak, cause in my whole life I have never been abused racially.

I don;t even know what i'm asking, i'm just really upset at the moment, and didn't feel safe in my own car??

I bet when you order a pepperoni pizza, and they deliver you a salami one, you also cry racism!

ReputationRep:
    It's political correctness GONE MAD

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should be less Asian.

Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... you really shouldn't have taken any notice imo, especially giving them 5 minuted of your time! they were probably just taking the piss for a laugh... if you're scared they would have followed you if you were alone, then just drive on well lit roads and with the doors permanantly locked nothing to be scared about!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wonder if all these "racist" events are actually imaginary.

Collectively it will be my 4th year in UK and as an Asian that goes just about anywhere and everywhere in the UK, and I've literally been to every single place in UK where there is a HSBC branch.

I can honestly say, I've never actually felt anything whatsoever which would have been deemed as racist.

Oh yeah, the only thing remotely racist would be me selecting where I would rather buy stuff at..... sometimes at a Tesco I see there are 2 lines and 1 has a pretty white girl and another has a black or asian dude, I will go for the one with the pretty white girl or the one that is shorter

The other time I would choose a white person is at the border control post, I rather be served by a white than asian or black....... the white Border Agency person usually tends to be more cheerful and less arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Sometimes I wonder if all these "racist" events are actually imaginary.

Collectively it will be my 4th year in UK and as an Asian that goes just about anywhere and everywhere in the UK, and I've literally been to every single place in UK where there is a HSBC branch.

I can honestly say, I've never actually felt anything whatsoever which would have been deemed as racist.

Oh yeah, the only thing remotely racist would be me selecting where I would rather buy stuff at..... sometimes at a Tesco I see there are 2 lines and 1 has a pretty white girl and another has a black or asian dude, I will go for the one with the pretty white girl or the one that is shorter

The other time I would choose a white person is at the border control post, I rather be served by a white than asian or black....... the white Border Agency person usually tends to be more cheerful and less arrogant.
    after 4 years woah....

ReputationRep:
    Uhm unless they're singling you out based on race/religion and seek to harass others of the same and use racist language. I don't see how most of the examples including the OP's given here are racist.

People are dicks, I've been harassed by white, blacks n south asians ( I'm white ) if you come across people who looking for trouble they're going to cause it regardless of your race.
    All because the moron is of the opposite race doesn't necessarily mean they have a racist motive, they just seem to get off harassing people not that this makes it any better. But pulling out the race card everytime somthing bad happens to you is bloody annoying.

ReputationRep:
    This is just silly

ReputationRep:
    Where exactly is the racism?

ReputationRep:
    Malcolm said it the best racism with always exist its just that they bite you with a smile instead of a growl now!

ReputationRep:
    Speaking on the issue of race whose seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxtyisoNBaI

ReputationRep:
    wait...what? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    We are all equal man, people should stop being racist; I love all women so I can’t be a racist.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that the men were being rude, fair play there. What I fail to understand, is how you've deduced that it must be racist abuse; from what you've said, nothing seems to obviously indicate racism.

Also, rather than having a five minute mirror conversation with the alleged racists behind you, perhaps you should concentrate on your driving.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.