Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Yes £350 a week atm. I don't even work in an office lol?.... We will see dude, let me take your E-mail down I'm going to prove to everyone I'm not lying. I'm being serious.
    I personally think you have been roped into one of these marketing scams you hear about, do you work purely on commission?

And go on then, I will bite, I am private messaging you now with my email address, prove to me you have this job? I want all the details?

If you come out of it and I believe you, I will come back to this thread and tell everyone how wrong they are for doubting you and admit you are in fact superior to anyone who has ever seen or been to a university.

Come on big shot....anyone can lie over the internet.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rick_james)
    I personally think you have been roped into one of these marketing scams you hear about, do you work purely on commission?

And go on then, I will bite, I am private messaging you now with my email address, prove to me you have this job? I want all the details?

If you come out of it and I believe you, I will come back to this thread and tell everyone how wrong they are for doubting you and admit you are in fact superior to anyone who has ever seen or been to a university.

Come on big shot....anyone can lie over the internet.....
    You're wrong. Right now I work purely on commision, in 3-4 I'll have a base salary then about 4-6 months after that you get promoted to manager with a base salary of 60K. I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm going to prove to you that this will happen.

ReputationRep:
    no, you will have the carrot hung in front of you, then you will most likely be fired. I am guessing you have been there less then 1 year in this position? Salaries tripling with no qualifications gained, no crazy connections in industry just implausible. After all they could hire the next person to do your job easily for base 20k instead of 60k...

ReputationRep:
    yeh at the rate you are going you should be envying people going to any of the top 25 universities.... Don't forget they raise the fees later too....

ReputationRep:
    I think you are doing great. But education is very important. At the later stage, education shapes up the personality of a person. Education is really very important for a being especially in the 21st century.

I will be working too when my +2 will be done in 3 months from now. But I will be studying as well. I will do distance learning from universities which will make up my future brighter.

How the hell are you going to be a manager in the next few months without being a graduate ? What's the secret ? Do tell me. May help me too.

and much more, yes you're right. It's win win win for everyone
      Haha, there's no such thing. While I'm not going to attack you like you've attacked those of us who have chosen to go to university, I do hope that you 1) see that this is too good to be true and 2) realise there is more to life than lots of money. If you do end up on £60k a year, that's great, but I doubt you'll have any time to enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
      Marketing managers, who get a base salary of 60K for the first year + commision earned by sales reps. I was a sales rep and we sell about 10 sets of the product each day, there's about 17 of us that go out and sell.
      Not being harsh, but to me that sounds intensely boring and deeply unrewarding. That's not what I want from a career.

ReputationRep:
      So I'm working full-time and in about 7 months I'll be a manager, I'm only 16 and all the managers are literally in there twenties earlier a base salary of 60K per year, I don't see the point of uni, all this education + debt + no gauruntee of a job at the end, and if you do get a job...it will only pay tops 25K per year for first year grads...

I'm going to have so much money by the time I'm 18, and for those who don't believe me Ican give you information

How about giving us money instead?! :p:D

ReputationRep:
      biggest load of b0llocks I've ever read.

You seriously need to re-think your game plan son, 18k to 60k within 8 months? Wake the f*ck up.

ReputationRep:
      Don't go to uni then! Nobody is forcing you!

ReputationRep:
      So what is the point of this thread again?

ReputationRep:
      So I'm working full-time and in about 7 months I'll be a manager, I'm only 16 and all the managers are literally in there twenties earlier a base salary of 60K per year, I don't see the point of uni, all this education + debt + no gauruntee of a job at the end, and if you do get a job...it will only pay tops 25K per year for first year grads...

I'm going to have so much money by the time I'm 18, and for those who don't believe me Ican give you information
      You can tell you are a drop out, can't even spell guarantee.

ReputationRep:
      Yes, some people don't need to go to university to have a job and be happy. People, like the OP, that don't want to be at university will tend not to do so well anyway and at the end of it will come out in debt and still not get an amazingly paid job so there may be nothing wrong with not going. It's not much use comparing him to LSE economic students because not everyone is capable of or wants to achieve those standards. Besides, we need people in unskilled work still so just leave them be.
      That said, I think you need to go back and look at what you've said... 'Self-employed' 'Manager' '60K' and 'Cash in hand' doesn't sound very realistic to me. And just because something's cash in hand it doesn't mean you don't need to pay tax. You will get found out eventually and have to suffer the consequences.
      And just a general tip from how you've replied to people on here and in other threads: I think you need to grow up a bit and change your attitude and then, yes, you may have a chance at doing well without going to uni. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by raggamuffin93)
      Yes, some people don't need to go to university to have a job and be happy. People, like the OP, that don't want to be at university will tend not to do so well anyway and at the end of it will come out in debt and still not get an amazingly paid job so there may be nothing wrong with not going. It's not much use comparing him to LSE economic students because not everyone is capable of or wants to achieve those standards. Besides, we need people in unskilled work still so just leave them be.
      That said, I think you need to go back and look at what you've said... 'Self-employed' 'Manager' '60K' and 'Cash in hand' doesn't sound very realistic to me. And just because something's cash in hand it doesn't mean you don't need to pay tax. You will get found out eventually and have to suffer the consequences.
      And just a general tip from how you've replied to people on here and in other threads: I think you need to grow up a bit and change your attitude and then, yes, you may have a chance at doing well without going to uni. Good luck.
      I was pointing out LSE students doing Economics as an example of - I bet they don't regret taking the degree. Thanks!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.