Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I can't believe your username OP...:lolwut:
    Me neither....that's a really offensive word, what's he thinking :|

EDIT: I got neg. rep for this?! Seriously.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I can't believe your username OP...:lolwut:
    Exactly, I'm Pakistani and I still :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishz)
    I'd stay college is way harder than yr 10 and 11...You're in for a surprise when you go college
    And Uni is way harder than A Levels. Everything is hard until you do something harder.

ReputationRep:
    Year 11 passes like a breeze, though that breeze is gentle compared to A levels.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest every year of your life you look back at the year before at think wow what a care free lifee... For me Year 13 seems so easy right noww... but at the time it was a challenge.. 1st year med skl is killing me, but next year ill think i had it easy!

ReputationRep:
    not really

ReputationRep:
    It is tough.. you're doing exams like you're never done before. But if you work hard, and manage your time well, you should be able to leave school with grades to be proud of :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    Hey all.
    Am currently in Year 10.
    Studying 16 GCSEs with an A* already achieved in RE

Was wondering how difficult does it get as June of year 10 approaches and do the 2 years of GCSEs pass quickly?

I cant wait for Uni if i get in (Hopeful Medic)
    It doesn't stretch you... btw whats with the username, then doing 16 GCSEs and hopefully medicine? o.O

ReputationRep:
    These 2 years of your life should be sick!! it goes pretty quick so enjoy it while it lasts!

Dont wish your life away dude!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I guess I'm the only one finding GCSEs hard.

ReputationRep:
    Going out partying. having fun, late nights and passing GCSEs is pretty easy in my opinion. Just do intense revision for the week before your exam and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.
    Am currently in Year 10.

Was wondering how difficult does it get as June of year 10 approaches and do the 2 years of GCSEs pass quickly?

Year 10 is easy, because you have few exams that are all spaced out and you have plenty of time to revise.

However, year 11 is NOT as easy. Quite stressful too. At the start you think 'what.a.breeze' and then it gets to January, like now, and you realise you have 16 weeks until your exams and its like 12 exams all at once. But they aren't terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dman91)
    These 2 years of your life should be sick!! it goes pretty quick so enjoy it while it lasts!

Dont wish your life away dude!
    Haha sorry !
    My mates say that to me lol. Im like sorrrryyy!

ReputationRep:
    May not seem so easy whilst you're taking them, but as mentioned as you move on you will see how the years to come are harder. Just keep up to date with your work and revise when necessary (:

ReputationRep:
    looool no

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.
    Am currently in Year 10.

Year 10 and 11 were amazing, no one at my school gave a crap about their results. We had a glorious time, and still smashed it.

ReputationRep:
    Year 11 seems easier than Year 10 so far. I prefer exams to coursework because you don't get pestered to re-do exams and most of my coursework was done in Year 10.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs aren't easy - at the time. Like your year 2 exams were hard. At the time.

ReputationRep:
    As you have probably already gathered from the inundation of replies saying 'NOT AS HARD AS COLLEGE *ANGRY FACE*', it's not too bad as long as you aim to keep on top of your work and make efficient use of your time. Also, some advice: study relentlessly for any modular/early entry exams you have this year (Year 10) as you will thank yourself when you have absolutely no retakes in 6-12 months! This month, my friend has 6 exams because he didn't work hard enough last year; I have none. Good luck, you'll do fine

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha no!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.