Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't bring myself to leave the house on Boxing Day for sales :p:

Got some boots in the online Topshop sale and might go for a mooch there in a few days. Also on the list are Miss Selfridge, French Connection and maybe All Saints. There's nothing I need, I just like to look and have eyegasms over pretty things.

Might also go to the garden centre. DON'T HATE, got two wicker baskets for like £1 each down from £15 each this summer

ReputationRep:
    Ill deffinately be going in new look. Ill also probably end up going in matalan and HMV too. Im not sure what other shops i want to go in yet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Got around £440 in total Christmas money, not sure what to buy with it just yet. May use it to clear some of my overdraft, however I have the next 3 years to do that. So may use it to treat myself.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait till tomorrow for the sales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    You have to be quick- VAT will increase to 20 per cent on 4 January 2011, so don't expect to make many savings.
    Oh no, its going up by 2.5%? HOLY COW I WILL HAVE ZERO MONEY!

Have you actually done the maths to work out in reality how much more expensive this will make things than when VAT was at 17.5%?

Barely anything unless you're spending thousands which I'm pretty certain you aren't, and definitely not enough to prevent a teenager from buying a hoody
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatTheDuck)
    Yes - cheers:-

"I know lets go to uni and make an acedemia out of life which is essentially survival, getting by and aquiring what you want..

Oh ****, there's a platitude of people doing that already, and I have no experience in real life"

This I dub, the student falacy.
    that comment would gain a lot more support and attention if this wasn't a student forum
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    i would, but i have literally NO money, so i'll probably cheap it out and wait for the clearance section of the websites to pop up

ReputationRep:
    I done a bit of online christmas shopping. Expecting the deliveries and collecting from the stores in January.

ReputationRep:
    First thing I'm buying tomorrow......FERNANDO TORRES CALENDAR!!!
    Omgaaaaah :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    fixed that for you
    LOOL was gonna say that :P

ReputationRep:
    Bought some stuff online from Republic and H&M in the sales and I'm going Monday to browse, need a new coat and jeans

ReputationRep:
    Putting most of my money away for a holiday next year, got £40 of topshop vouchers which i'll be buying this black dress i've seen with, then i'm gonna hit River Island and other stores, not sure which yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I'd already spent £30 on the New Look sale by 11am this morning :sexface:

Gonna hit The Body Shop so I can get staff discount on the sale stuff. I want me some cranberry stuff! :coma:
    I work at New Look, and it's closed today. Plus the sale starts tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Behaving)
    I work at New Look, and it's closed today. Plus the sale starts tomorrow.
    I don't like New looks. They have a few decent t-shirts but so does everywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    I don't like New looks. They have a few decent t-shirts but so does everywhere
    That's a coincidence, because I don't like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    You have to be quick- VAT will increase to 20 per cent on 4 January 2011, so don't expect to make many savings.
    Yeah, I hate shopping and don't do it much, but am gonna just go around, get some more stuff before this tbh. I'm treating myself. :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Topman is opening today? Or does it all kick off tomorrow?

Bloody Boxing Day on a Sunday. Psh.

ReputationRep:
    i just spent 846 pounds in the sales split between ASOS, River island, MM Direct, House of fraser, Matalan yes i was shocked matalan! haha great sales guys get it whilst you can VAT's going up

ReputationRep:
    Off to Oxford Circus in an hour o.o

HMV, H&M, Zara, Topshop! and now a lot of you have mentioned New Look, I'll have a look around there too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony_Soprano1)
    i just spent 846 pounds in the sales split between ASOS, River island, MM Direct, House of fraser, Matalan yes i was shocked matalan! haha great sales guys get it whilst you can VAT's going up

I'm sorry guys just a quick question. Does everything go on sale on Boxing Day? And do these sales go online too? Thing is I'm back home for holidays (abroad) and want to order stuff online to be delivered to my cousin in manchester. Will I miss the best sales cuz they dont go online?

All the websites I see have the same sales from like a couple weeks ago, nothing new today?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.