Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - A Christmas Carol - 25/12/10 - no future spoilers Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the episode?
    Excellent
    39.68%
    Good
    36.51%
    Poor
    15.87%
    Awful
    7.94%

(Original post by Onyx.)
      That episode failed. I supposed I over hyped it a little and it turned out to be the most boring episode of the new Matt Smith series :yawn:
      No way was it worse than Victory of the Daleks.

(Original post by BookWormShanti)
      A tiny part of the puritan in me would have liked it to be more adherent to the real xmas carol lol
      I loved, like mad, the ways it was different from the real carol. Dickens could never have come up with such crazies.

(Original post by Feefifofum)
      Two things, fellow geeks.

Spoiler:
      Show
      1. In the Christopher Eccleston series, when future and past Rose touched, monsters came to clear up the paradox. Why didn't that happen when young and old Kazran hugged?
      Maybe it was just a small paradox; what you're describing only happened when the world had already been ripped apart, after all. What's less explainable is the lack of "temporal energy" spark (a la The Big Bang).

(Original post by Saichu)
        No way was it worse than Victory of the Daleks.
        :dontknow: I just said I thought it was the most boring... I just did not care for it.

ReputationRep:
        Whoa, how do I get a Matt Smith hairstyle?

ReputationRep:
        Twas awesome tbh.

Anyone who disagrees is, quite frankly, a Nazi

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Saichu)
        I loved, like mad, the ways it was different from the real carol. Dickens could never have come up with such crazies.
        You've got to remember Dickens came up with the crazies that are a Christmas Carol, I mean a three ghosts of past, present and future? WTF is that all about.

(Original post by will_law25)
        He probably keeps it a closely guarded secret -> I've been trying for so long!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by will_law25)
        Have access to the Hair and Make-up department of Doctor Who

I'd imagine you'd need fairly thick, wavy hair to start with.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Feefifofum)
        Two things, fellow geeks.

Spoiler:
        Show
        1. In the Christopher Eccleston series, when future and past Rose touched, monsters came to clear up the paradox. Why didn't that happen when young and old Kazran hugged?

2. When Katherine Jenkins (for it was clearly her playing herself, rather than playing Abigail) was singing at the end, she sang "When you're alone, silence is all you'll know/see". Significant?

If you bought point 1 up with the Moff he'd probably BS his way out of it by saying 'they were completely different people' or some crap along those lines, as he is want to do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        Almost felt like the Doctor didn't want to save her but would rather use her to make a point. Hmm. Apart from that it was a cool ep I thought, and the Christmas eves were a fun idea.

ReputationRep:
        The morality is slightly off in this episode.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.