at the extremes,
    freakonomics,
    pasta cookbook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry
    The Liar - Stephen Fry
    Criminology - Tim Newburn
    The Oxford Handbook of Criminology, 4th edition - Maguire, Morgan and Reiner

The Fry Chronicles seems really interesting, I've just got to read it after finishing his other biography 'Moab is my washpot'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilzoldier)
    The Fry Chronicles seems really interesting, I've just got to read it after finishing his other biography 'Moab is my washpot'
    I assumed The Fry Chronicles was his first book when I saw it advertised! However the Chronicles gives a nice summary of what happened in the first book so I won't rush out to buy it just yet 8)

ReputationRep:
    For Christmas I got:

Is It Just Me? Or is it nuts out there? by Whoopi Goldberg
    The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
    The Small Hand by Susan Hill
    The Anatomy of Ghosts by Andrew Taylor

ReputationRep:
    Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
    Remembrance of things past by Proust
    Don Juan by Byron

ReputationRep:
    I got:

The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry
    A Journey - Tony Blair
    A bunch of Philosophical texts that I got reccommended! I've got loads to read, Mandlesons autobiography.. Some others too! So much to read so little time to do so!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get any (thankfully, as people tend to either buy stuff I've read or complete crap) but I've got £130 in vouchers, cards and all dat ****. Shopping starts tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Nineteen Eighty Four.... requested it ages ago and forgot about it so it was a nice surprise. It's a special edition anniversary cover too which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    In Praise of Idleness, Bertrand Russell. A Brief History of Time, Stephen Hawking. Both look like good reads. Also two vegetarian cookbooks.

ReputationRep:
    I received graphic novels, rather than books, but:

99 ways to tell a story, exercises in style - Matt Madden
    Black Hole - Charles Burns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver.93)
    Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
    Remembrance of things past by Proust
    Don Juan by Byron
    A hefty read there, certainly not a bedtime book.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, I got some good reads

Catch 22
    The Catcher in the Rye
    Lord of the Flies
    The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli
    The Non-nonsense Guide to Green Politics
    How to Teach Your Dog Quantum Physics (because I wanted to learn some quantum physics....)

Good stuff :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Germania - I can't remember the author. It's about the history and culture of Germany, it looks amazing!
    Put the Book Back on the Shelf - It's a collection of comics inspired by Belle and Sebastian songs.
    The Celestial Cafe - Stuart Murdoch

I also got a book voucher, and I bought

Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
    Prodigal Summer - Barbara Kingsolver

I love getting books, I got 9/10 for my birthday in November so didn't get as many for Christmas, which is probably a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    I gots

Greek religion: Archaic and Classical -Walter Burket
    Stalin: A biography
    The Peloponnesian war
    Anarchism -Peter Kroptrotkin
    Homage to Catalonia
    Being and time
    Despair -Ivan Nobakov

Unlikely to finish them all before next term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth..)
    Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
    One Day by David nicholls
    A Simples Life by Aleksandr Orlov - hilarious
    This is such a fantastic book - I'm really hoping the film lives up to it, because by rights it should be absolutely amazing. I hope you enjoy reading it, it's far and away his best.

ReputationRep:
    Stephen King - Full Dark, No Stars
    50 Years of Coronation Street

ReputationRep:
    The Beautiful and the Damned by Fitzgerald.
    The Goddess Guide.

I usually get more books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squareroot1764)
    I tried not to ask for too many because I have a habit of buying too many books at once and then I take ages to read them all
    :ditto:

I got...
    Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
    On The Road, Jack Kerouac
    Selected Poems, Sylvia Plath
    How to be a domestic goddess, Nigella Lawson

Asked for all of the above as noone in my family would have a clue what to get me otherwise :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just the one, actually: Don Patterson's book on reading Shakespeare Sonnets. However, I have got a helluva lot of amazon voucher money to spend, just need to decide on the books! For now though, I'm mainly trying to read classics as I have read shockingly few so school's large library is enough until I decide I love a book so much I need to hug it frequently...

ReputationRep:
    In retrospect, why has noone given my books this christmas? I would be OVER THE MOON to receive nothing but books. But I have none =/.

Oh well, I suppose I have got the Kindle my dad got me for my birthday, so shouldn't complain. Books are so exciting though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.