Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current students: How many of you didn't visit uni accom before living there? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I visited my exact accommodation.

I'm glad really because judging by the pictures on the website it didn't seem that great but when I visited it was okay, and cheap too. And it's really sociable. I'm really happy with it, except the kitchen which is old and non-refurbished but that's not too much of a problem.

Ooh and I'm in Liverpool too

My accommodation is really good for the price and will be better next year when it's all been refurbed. Ones like Grand Central are nice but they are SO expensive, like up to £115 a week and I don't think they look as homely as my halls at all. Ours are more like proper flats than halls.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I didn't. It's not like you can definitely choose which you'll be in anyway.

I think I just chose all the midrange price catered enhanced accommodation. That type of accommodation in Exeter is really great anyway and I'm so happy with where I'm living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roberthssmith)
    Ive applied for Liverpool but when I went on the open day I didnt see any accommodation. But as it stands Liverpool is my number one choice, I dont see quality of accommodation changing my mind. What did you think of the accommodation?
    Hey, I've just been to Liverpool accommodation day and tbh I was very pleased with the accommodation I saw. I only looked at the on campus ones though as I has no intention of living off campus. Be arsed getting a bus to lectures/library/town centre etc.

But yeah, I don't think you'd be disappointed to the point you hated it because it was all half decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummers)
    Hey, I've just been to Liverpool accommodation day and tbh I was very pleased with the accommodation I saw. I only looked at the on campus ones though as I has no intention of living off campus. Be arsed getting a bus to lectures/library/town centre etc.

But yeah, I don't think you'd be disappointed to the point you hated it because it was all half decent.
    I went to that The off campus is really good actually and buses are very regular. But the buses do cost, and some people arent bothered about the communal living of halls and eating together etc.

Im going to do off campus because I fancy living further out where its a bit more green and open and I thought it seemed a bit more homely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.