Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom722)
    I'm pretty confident, me and friends have taken it upon ourselves to do speed runs of C1, my personal best is 68/75 in 44 minutes :P
    Feeling much better about than C2....
    We try fit our workings on half a side of A4 lol But yea, does get tedious after a while... All these exams. That's my excuse anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeRocks000)
    MyMaths.co.uk is a really good website for coordinate geometry (that I find) see if your school has a login and go through a coordinate geometry question and look at the mark scheme - for how to get EVERY single mark

Hope this helps.
    It asks for a password for this? I am a private candidate so does that mean I wont be able to get on? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I got 80% about 6 weeks, since then I have done nearly all the papers. Only worry is physics as it is hit or miss if you get a good exam paper.

ReputationRep:
    anybody got the C1 SOLOMON PAPER E MARK SCHEME??? all the other pdfs will open except that! please pm
    also can anybody help me with this?
    f(x)= 2x^2- 4x + 1 can be shown as f(x)= a(x+b)^2 +c

ReputationRep:
    I'm more worried about not doing that well on S1 on Friday... and even more so about Mechanics

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty confident with C1 maths!
    all I have to do is pass papers I seem to be getting an average of B/A in most papers!
    my weakness is got to be anything to do with sequences especially the sigma notation!
    am worried about Biology and Chemistry!! since i got a U and E in the mock !yikes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashmoneyorg)
    anybody got the C1 SOLOMON PAPER E MARK SCHEME??? all the other pdfs will open except that! please pm
    also can anybody help me with this?
    f(x)= 2x^2- 4x + 1 can be shown as f(x)= a(x+b)^2 +c
    f(x) = 2(x^2 - 2x) + 1
    f(x) = 2(x - 1)^2 - 2 + 1
    therefore f(x) = 2(x - 2)^2 - 1
    For extra fun, the curve y=f(x) crosses the x-axis where:
    2(x - 1)^2 = 1
    (x - 1)^2 = 1/2
    x - 1 = +-root(1/2)
    x = 1 +-root(1/2)

minumum point = (1, -1)
    which can be proved by:
    dy/dx = 4x - 4
    4x - 4 = 0
    x = 1
    y = 2(1)^2 - 4(1) + 1 = -1

ReputationRep:
    My personal best is 65/75. Could have gotten higher but I just didn't read some questions properly, and mistook a - for a +. I hope that I don't make dumb mistakes like this on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everybody! Not as confident as I would like to be, been getting really varied results on the past papers,A/B/C usually, hopefully the paper doesn't chuck in too many surprises on Monday.

One question, does anybody have any examples or a general method to work out the area? I know it's 1/2B X H, but how would I get the values for it? I've look at the mark schemes and there's also a way to solve it through the "determinant method"( i think?)

The edexcel c1 book has just decided to skip this out entirely, along with the distance:P

(Original post by d_aan)
      Good luck everybody! Not as confident as I would like to be, been getting really varied results on the past papers,A/B/C usually, hopefully the paper doesn't chuck in too many surprises on Monday.

One question, does anybody have any examples or a general method to work out the area? I know it's 1/2B X H, but how would I get the values for it? I've look at the mark schemes and there's also a way to solve it through the "determinant method"( i think?)

The edexcel c1 book has just decided to skip this out entirely, along with the distance:P
      Finding the distance between two points is C2. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by im so academic)
      Finding the distance between two points is C2. :fyi:
      On edexcel distance between two points is C1.

ReputationRep:
      I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.
      For Edexcel, I just wanted to know whether you have to show clear working out stages in order to get full marks in the maths exams (eg core 1 and core 2). The mark scheme have individual marks for different stages but some are really obvious and implyed so I don't write them down.
      OCR gave full marks for the answer alone.
      Thank you!

(Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
        On edexcel distance between two points is C1.
        Is it? Because I was talking about Edexcel. Are you sure about that?

*checks specification*

No, it's definitely C2.

ReputationRep:
        I am gonna do past papers

I am over confident

Based on what ive done there always seems to be a lot of marks for Integration where co ordinates are given and simultaneous equations invloving tangents and normals

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by im so academic)
        Is it? Because I was talking about Edexcel. Are you sure about that?

*checks specification*

No, it's definitely C2.
        May 2007 Q 10) a) prove that the length of PQ is root170.

January 2008 Q4) b) ..

January 2009 10) c) etc

Essentially Pythagoras.

Still distance between two points.

Or a line if you will.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Srikmeister)
        I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.
        For Edexcel, I just wanted to know whether you have to show clear working out stages in order to get full marks in the maths exams (eg core 1 and core 2). The mark scheme have individual marks for different stages but some are really obvious and implyed so I don't write them down.
        OCR gave full marks for the answer alone.
        Thank you!
        If its obvious - like one mark - then not usually, but if its a lot of marks eg 6 or 7, id show good working out, especially show for the 'SHOW THAT' questions

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Prospectiv)
        If its obvious - like one mark - then not usually, but if its a lot of marks eg 6 or 7, id show good working out, especially show for the 'SHOW THAT' questions

Good Luck
        Thanks you too! It's just sometimes, there are some small steps that seem too basic to write out for working. lol

ReputationRep:
        ^^^
        Yeah ive seen mark schemes and usually if its like 4 marks youve gotta get like 2 answers and 2 steps to show 'transition' so yeah...no prob

(Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
          May 2007 Q 10) a) prove that the length of PQ is root170.

January 2008 Q4) b) ..

January 2009 10) c) etc

Essentially Pythagoras.

Still distance between two points.

Or a line if you will.
          Pythagoras =/= d^2 = (x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2

ReputationRep:
          About 35h to exams !

I was doing past papers, practice papers and review exercises, I'm pretty confident, I'm aiming 100%
          I've got also C2, and I'll be upset If i don't get 90+%

So I hope we'll be fine Good luck to all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.