Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma2010)
    Thanks! anything you could put up would be useful. It's really hard to get hold of edexcel papers
    (Original post by defuzion)
    Can you share the questions/sources/answers, please?
    Sorry if I was a bit misleading but they are not answers to source questions, but questions on the topic of India which would then help you to answer the source questions! I also did this like two years ago, and have no idea if course structure has changed!

I've included my timetable as well, I made this so there might be one or two spelling mistakes or something! I also use abbreviations so if you have trouble understanding them give me a shout.

I have more content stuff but there is quite a lot but I will post it if you want it. Sorry for the lateness btw, this sort of got lost in my quotes section
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docREVISION_-_Past_and_possible_questions_on_India.doc (33.5 KB, 711 views)
  2. File Type: docREVISION_ANSWERS_TO_KEY_QUESTIONS_-_INDIA_1945-7.doc (53.5 KB, 1313 views)
  3. File Type: docREVISION_ANSWERS_TO_KEY_QUESTIONS_INDIA_1919-1945.doc (43.5 KB, 357 views)
  4. File Type: docREVISION_ANSWERS_TO_KEY_QUESTIONS_INDIA_TO_1919.doc (48.0 KB, 274 views)
  5. File Type: docREVISION_India_Timeline.doc (73.5 KB, 2265 views)

ReputationRep:
    hi could anyone help me. I've been doing practice essays in time 4 thursday and anyone doin vietnam could u tell me what to put if I get a question on how far the us involvement in vietnam was due to american ideals

In this answer as well as putting yes it did have american ideals, such as the domino theory and bcos believed north vietnam wasn't democracy as well as saying it didn't have american ideals cos of failure to hold elections. Wud I just need to put this sort of stuff or wud I have 2 mention other reasons the us entered war if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizstyle)
    100%? Well it seems as though you deserved it! Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. From 9-5 were you solely revising History, by the way? (And I know my questions are probably getting annoying, but how did you structure your revision? To the books? To the curriculum?)

Congratulations on the great grades, also
    Thankies And really, I don't mind.

No, I had four other subjects to plough through. I picked two a day, but because there was three different topics in history (Henry VIII, Stalin and Mao in my case) it felt like having to revise for three seperate subjects instead of one, so I did have some kind of history with me on most days.

In terms of actual structure, I just used the headings in the contents page as a guide and then used the sub-headings within the actual chapter to break it down. Depending on the event I would make notes on two or three sub-headings a day, maybe (description of the event, its causes, its effects, any threats it posed, its long-term and short-term impact, etc). Using lots of colour

Which exam board are you on, by the way? Because some of the Edexcel books have great summary diagrams at the end of each chapter that I copied out and added detail to (they were very basic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Sorry if I was a bit misleading but they are not answers to source questions, but questions on the topic of India which would then help you to answer the source questions! I also did this like two years ago, and have no idea if course structure has changed!

I've included my timetable as well, I made this so there might be one or two spelling mistakes or something! I also use abbreviations so if you have trouble understanding them give me a shout.

I have more content stuff but there is quite a lot but I will post it if you want it. Sorry for the lateness btw, this sort of got lost in my quotes section

Thanks so much I don't think the structures changed much or at all that's exactly what I learned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Okay thank you. By the way, these questions were source related or not? Just wondering if we've learnt the same unit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizstyle)
    Edexcel. I'm doing China 1900-49, The USA in Asia and, for Unit 2, The Experience of Warfare in Britain.

I know what you mean about 'three separate subjects,' haha.

Thanks a lot. This has actually provided me with quite a lot of motivation. After my Politics exam next Tuesday I'll start preparing for revision in February.
    No problem! Haha, my China course started when yours finished (1949 onwards).

Good luck when you come to the revision!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.