3K in 10 minutes or under
    5K in 18 minutes 30 seconds or under
    10K in under 38 minutes
    Half marathon in sub-1 hour 30 minutes

Weights:

Bench 110kg
    Squat 130kg
    Leg press 150kg
    I don't see you having much problem with a sub-90 HM if you get the base training right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    I don't see you having much problem with a sub-90 HM if you get the base training right.
    I would hope not, but I'm not running well at the moment...I did a 20:29 5K on Christmas Day...but we'll see....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    squat 200
    bench 110
    deadlift 250
    overhead 70

current
    squat 80
    bench 62.5
    deadlift 110
    overhead 40
    Ambitious!

ReputationRep:
    current
    Bench: 90 x2
    Squat: 120 (torn quad fooling around last time I do that again)
    Deadlift: 200x3

Goals
    Squat: 180
    Bench: 120
    Deadlift: 250

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I would hope not, but I'm not running well at the moment...I did a 20:29 5K on Christmas Day...but we'll see....
    What's your schedule? Do you periodise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Ambitious!
    hardly, considering i weigh 90 kilos.
    i add 5kg to my deadlift every other workout which is 15kg a fortnight. of course i'm bound to stall. Getting my bench up to 110 would require gains of 5kg a month which i reckon is possible and realistic
    a 200 squat is looking at getting 10kg increase every month. that would mean every 3rd workout i increase my squat by 2.5kg which is not so fast progression.
    overhead press is borderline irritating, been stuck on 40 for 3 tries. i'll go for 3x3 on that and go back to 3x5 if i get past 50.

they're all realistic tbf

ReputationRep:
    Currently:
    Squat: 100x5
    Deadlift: 110x5 (conservative)
    Bench: 80x5
    Overhead Press: 45x5
    Power Clean: 55x3

By end of April (setting a target for the foreseeable future i.e. four months time)
    Squat: 130x1
    Deadlift:150x1
    Bench: 100x1
    Overhead Press: 60x1
    Power Clean: 70x1

EDIT: Y'know what **** it, I'm going to be much more conservative as I know I still have form issues/core strength etc. to resolve.

ReputationRep:
    i add 5kg to my deadlift every other workout which is 15kg a fortnight. of course i'm bound to stall. Getting my bench up to 110 would require gains of 5kg a month which i reckon is possible and realistic
    a 200 squat is looking at getting 10kg increase every month. that would mean every 3rd workout i increase my squat by 2.5kg which is not so fast progression.
    overhead press is borderline irritating, been stuck on 40 for 3 tries. i'll go for 3x3 on that and go back to 3x5 if i get past 50.

Lol. You may well be able to add 10kg to your squat and deadlift every month at first, but it won't last forever!

ReputationRep:

Oh and how was your progress this year?

Yeah it's realistic in terms of numbers but you won't make consistent gains every single week/month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Lol. You may well be able to add 10kg to your squat and deadlift every month at first, but it won't last forever!
    on starting strength, it says that it takes around 6 months to have achieved
    bench press bw
    squat 1.5-2x BW
    deadlift 2xbw

this works out at
    bench 90
    squat 135-180
    deadlift 180

And yes i'm taking into consideration stalling.once i can do 3x5 on a weight i move up by 2.5kg/5kg for deadlift. for my sqyats and deads thats potentially 30kg a month and the other 15kg. for squat it would mean i up the wright once every 3 and bench less than 5kg a month.

maybe deadlift is pushing it, but in around 4 months time, i expect to have upped my bench from 65 to 90 and the rest to follow.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, well good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Oh and how was your progress this year?

Yeah it's realistic in terms of numbers but you won't make consistent gains every single week/month.
    hard to say trained for 3 month may to august, stopped and started again in november.
    bench was from 40-62.5 (may-august)
    squat i couldnt remember cos i had a smith machine in my old gym, but a proper rack this time.
    deadlift 50-110 may-august

when i returned to the gym in november , i had to do a bit of deloading. I could squeeze out a few reps on bench press at 60kg, but i deloaded to 50 to nail technique.

ReputationRep:
    hard to say trained for 3 month may to august, stopped and started again in november.
    bench was from 40-62.5 (may-august)
    squat i couldnt remember cos i had a smith machine in my old gym, but a proper rack this time.
    deadlift 50-110 may-august

when i returned to the gym in november , i had to do a bit of deloading. I could squeeze out a few reps on bench press at 60kg, but i deloaded to 50 to nail technique.
    I'm just saying, most members here don't have a 250 dead or a 200 squat for various reasons. Good luck all the same.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to start going back to the gym again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    My Current is about

Bench 40Kg
    Squat 40Kg
    DLift 60kg
    Press 30kg
    Chin ups BW *5

Going to start starting strength when i go back to uni and not worked out what it SHOULD get me but my aim by summer is to get 60 bench with squat about 80 and Deadlift about 100..

Also, am 60kg right now so looking to get up to about 75 and then cut back down to about 70 and then be the same BF% as now but with more muscle... That's the theory anyway...

End of year goals:

Bench 75kg(will be difficult but that's half the fun)
    Squat 100kg
    Deadlift 120kg
    OHP 50Kg
    Chin ups BW *10
    Epic bump time...

2 months in... How is everyone doing with their 2011 goals?

I'm at:
    Bench 57.5kg so still need another 20kg there
    Squat 95kg, needing 5 more
    Deadlift 107.5kg, need 12.5
    OHP 42.5Kg, another 7.5 to go...
    Chin ups BW *11

So i've hit my chin ups goal for the year...
    Should be able to get all of them i reckon at my current rate...Bench will probably be tough but i should have all the others soonish...

And for my "summer" targets of 80/60/100 i've already hit 2 of them and am 2.5kg off the 3rd one.

Having low targets ftw...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Best / Current / Goal

Squat: 142x5 / 80x5 / 160x5
    Bench: 87x3 / 75x5 / 110x5
    Dead: 180x3/ 145x5 / 200x5
    Press: 65x4 / 60x5 / 75x5

Would also like to be able to chin with a lot of weight too.
    Goal was 160x5, 75x5, 200x5

So far 152.5x5, 67x4, 197.5x4... Looking good, might need to set some new goals
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Very good idea, can we add to this thread for 2011 or is somebody creating a new thread.

My aims for 2011 are...

Lose 78lb (from my current weight of 273lb to 195lb.)
    Drop to less than 15% body fat (not sure of my current percentage).
    Lift over 200lb (currently 105lb).
    Run 10k in under 1 hour (cannot currently run 10k).
    Progress thus far..

My weight is actually higher at 282lb at the moment, so i must lose 87lb.
    Still not sure of my body fat percentage.
    My lifts are going well. By lift 200lb i was reffering to Chest presses, diverging latteral pulls and latteral pulls. These were all at 90lb on December 1st, they are now all 160lb, so progressing well with a visable increase in upper body muscle.
    No progress on the running, though intend to begin training for that from April 1st.

ReputationRep:
    i know its a bit late, but i thought i would join in this now

Current (5RM)

Bench 52.5
    Squat 87.5
    Deadlift 110
    OHP 37.5
    Chins 3

Body weight 83kg

Goals

Bench 75
    Squat 110
    deadlift 140
    OHP 50
    chins 10

body weight anything, but significantly lower fat %

ReputationRep:
    Your deads improved pretty ****ing fast :P

My new target is 520kg total......

Hopefully by just jacking up my DL

http://wkak.net/classification.htm

Aim to be nearer 82kg bw... yeah I'm lame sometimes haha

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    Goal was 160x5, 75x5, 200x5

So far 152.5x5, 67x4, 197.5x4... Looking good, might need to set some new goals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Training goals for 2010 were:
    Squat 100kg
    Deadlift 120kg

I got:
    Squat 90kg
    Deadlift 105kg
    Bench 50kg

I'd like to be able to train consistently this coming year, something that I haven't always been able to do for one reason or another this year. I'd also like to seriously get into rugby which is something I started late this year and quite enjoyed.

2011 goals:
    Squat 110kg
    Bench 65kg
    Deadlift 130kg

All 1rm maxes
    I've trained once this year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.