The Student Room Group

A2 Geography - AQA exam 1/2/11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DellaLouise
agreed :smile: i thought the first question was hard and there wasn't enough to say for 7 marks, most of my class ended up drawing a diagram

I wish i did! The last is the worst,but is funny how you can copy the answer for the pre booklet. :biggrin:
Reply 41
The exam seemed pretty simple to be honest, nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. I'm not sure how you'd get 7 marks for that first question though.

All I wrote was that pie charts would be good for clear representation of proportionality and for comparison with Belfast and N.Ireland as a whole, said bar-charts wouldn't be as clear or as easily comparable (just to show that I'd at least considered something else, though it really wasn't a good explanation :p:) and then just roughly drew piecharts for the three areas! I really don't know what else I could have put...

The last two questions were both really predictable :p:
Reply 42
I thought it was okay. The first couple of questions were straight forward as was the fieldwork question. Only problem was the 15 marker on 'how likely will the following initiatives help to regenerate the Duncairn ward'. I got slightly confused by the tense of the question :s-smilie: Also I didnt realise there was a question on the back page until there was 5 minutes to go so I've screwed that one up! . :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
There was a question on the very back page??????
Please tell me no, i cant believe i didnt look!
Probably wouldnt have finished it anyway
Original post by BuzzKillington14

Yes there was unfortunatly :tongue: it was about evaluating a website you had researched, only worth 6 marks
Reply 45
That was my second worst exam this exam period out of 7! I felt like I wasn't really focussing on the actual questions properly, but more writing down a load of crap about Belfast :s-smilie: Never mind. And I'd only actually looked at one of the websites for the last question hahaha woopsey
terrible exam!
ii dont know how it can be called geography!
12 marks on the reasons for urban decline!!! errr!!!!
Original post by BuzzKillington14

yes it was for 6 marks!
u will probably drop a grade if you missed it
Reply 49
did so bad, there wasn't enough time so my answers were just unstructured scribbles
Reply 50
same, i just babbled on about Belfast for most of them.
Reply 51
Original post by oliviaw88
same, i just babbled on about Belfast for most of them.

Well, given that the exam was on Belfast, it doesn't sound like you're in much trouble :p:

I did feel at times that I was just taking stuff from the AIB and rewriting it in my own words - although I only used the booklet for the statistics. It's difficult to know how you've done. It seemed to go fairly well for me (much better than Unit 3 >.< ) but I could easily have written a load of rubbish because I didn't really know what I was doing :p:

What did people say for the 15 marker on the regeneration schemes?
Reply 52
I've decided that AQA are just crap at making geography exams. Half the time the questions seem to have nothing to do with geography or the subject at hand.
Reply 53
Original post by Lee2592
I've decided that AQA are just crap at making geography exams. Half the time the questions seem to have nothing to do with geography or the subject at hand.

Really? I thought it all seemed pretty relevant - admittedly, the internet question was a bit out there, but it was quite strongly suggested it was going to come up, and it was related to the developments and the work of the Laganside Corportation, so it seemed justified enough I think. What sort of questions were you expecting?

You've probably done a lot better than you think, don't worry about it for now :smile:
the exam was alright. the first and last question i wasn't expecting, but hey! it's over now :smile: we can all relax for a bit until the results come out.
Reply 55
Original post by oliviaw88
Also I didnt realise there was a question on the back page until there was 5 minutes to go so I've screwed that one up! . :smile:

so glad to hear it wasnt just me that did that!
I thought it was a lot more fairer than I expected it to be, and the questions were quite simple. The 'special needs' bit threw me a bit to be honest. The last question was a load of rubbish, didn't really have enough time to write a proper answer for it. I wish I had more time to structure my answers though.
Reply 57
did anyone put pie chart in question 1? :s-smilie:
omg i heard that it should be bar chart :mad:
Reply 58
Original post by elph

...Why would it be bar chart? We had three figures that totalled 100%. That implies the use of a pie chart because they can clearly show proportionality.

I'm still not sure how you'd get 7 marks for that question though :p:
Original post by elph

don't worry I put a pie chart too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending