Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After running 2 marathons and 1 half marathon, I learnt that you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it, even things you once thought were 'impossible.'

I learnt that the reason I've been single most of my life is because I have a fear of rejection.

After securing a well paid part time job I realised I had held myself back for years by just aiming for minimum wage jobs.

Everything I have learnt really has boiled down to confidence and how having a lack of confidence and self-belief can hold you back in life.

The worst barriers in life are the self-imposed ones. The only limitations we have are the ones we place on ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    Every year means a year closer to a life of mediocrity unless I do something about it now.

ReputationRep:
    I've learnt to drink milk from the bottle, catch marshmallows in my mouth, how to make my neck click and what a ****ing ****hole my life is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musty_Elbow)
    Every year means a year closer to a life of mediocrity unless I do something about it now.
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    That my education is important

ReputationRep:
    not much, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Well aside from a lot of things Speech and Language Therapy related, I learnt:
    - Unfortunately all good things must come to an end (lots of my friends graduating from Uni)
    - Saying you're 22 sounds rubbish compared to saying you're 21
    - Brown hair dye is NOT my friend *shudders*
    - How to make pasties (my Gran is from Cornwall and is very proud haha).

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys finish last, and as a result I went from being that cheery guy that everyone takes digs at (knowing I won't retaliate), to the guy everyone leaves alone because he's so moody.

Worked in favour of me though, I'm more dedicated in college and I can focus on revising because whenever I decline a party invitation, its expected :P

ReputationRep:
    I suppose that the phrase which is thrown about in H&R that roughly goes..

"don't go looking for someone, you'll find them when you're not expecting it." (basically telling the folks moaning they'll come across someone at some time)

can be quite accurate.

Oh and also I suppose continuing to drink after you know the alcohol is affecting you quite significantly is foolish...very foolish. Apart from that...nothing of any consequence really.

ReputationRep:
    I have great self control, and i deal with stress and pressure really well (possibly better than the average person).
    I have trust issues and that's why i can't get into meaningful relationships.
    Most people shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    Students like to riot.
    The large hadron collider didn't destroy the universe proving me right and my moron of a neighbour wrong.
    There are lots of racists on tsr.
    Pretty girls can be just as desperate as ugly (matter of opinion) girls, in some cases more so.

ReputationRep:
    i learned all guys around here are the same but that's okayyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    i learned all guys around here are the same but that's okayyy
    Hmm?

ReputationRep:
    I learned that a sequence is defined to converge to a limit 'a' if for any epsilon such that epsilon is greater than 0 there exists an N such that for all n>N the nth term of the sequence minus the limit 'a' is less than epsilon. :awesome:

It wasn't as exciting as I make it sound.

ReputationRep:
    that spontaneity often works out better than weeks/months of planning

ReputationRep:
    It'll take ages for me to mention all the things I learnt. You do learn things everyday as the saying goes; it's very true.

ReputationRep:
    Who my true friends are. When I moved away from the UK, the number of friends that kept in contact with me dropped, a lot. And the people who do still keep in contact with me were not who I expected. Now I know who really matters :')

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.