Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally drive on the wrong side of the road in GTA4.

ReputationRep:
    It was on Battlefield 2.... I was a US marine on a aircraft carrier waiting for a black hawk to spawn so i could jump on and go to the mainland. But, i missed out and the chopper was full before i could get on. So, what did I do? I planted C4 on it, waited for it to take off and then... blew it up with 8 allied soldiers in it

I got banned off the server for that, but hey it was worth it. And i managed to talk my way out of a perma ban later on Absolute Win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Muffin_Man)
    Worms 2 - Teleported as many worms as i could to one part of an open stage...then super banana bomb right in the middle and watched the worms fly and die :cool:

and i dont know if this counts but Runescape - Luring people in to the wilderness with valuables then killing and stealing them
    Someone lured me... grumble grumble. I once followed a new player around the game, asking them if they'd like to see my banana. I had about 800 bananas lol

ReputationRep:
    Nothing interesting, just the usual shooting the good people, running over good people and banging into other cars. Also speeding unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    On Zoo Tycoon I let loose as many lions, tigers, dinosaurs e.t.c. into the zoo and barricaded the entrance. My zoo didn't get many more visitors after that though.

ReputationRep:
    Locking the butler in the freezer in tomb raider.
    Killing sims by drowning/starving/burning them to death to get a haunted house.
    Do the flying car cheat and not sinking cheat on GTA Vice city to kill everyone on land and sea.
    Make noobs chase me on COD then go behind them to stab them.

ReputationRep:
    Pushing the adoring fan off dive rock in Oblivion, then resurrecting him with the Staff of Worms and beating the **** out of him. Rinse and repeat.

ReputationRep:
    Destroying the city in fallout 3, for jokes
    Killing those kids in Fallout 3 because their faces annoyed me
    Random Civilian killing spree in Fallout 3 and Oblivion - the skooma addicts were easy targets
    Shooting guards who just saved my life in Half life just so I could hear them scream and die. I also needed Pistol Ammo...
    Replayed the airport level in MW2 several times, each time putting a bullet in their head when I knew they were clearly dead.
    Sim Slaughter using the pool. Fun times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    :rofl: Was that online or CT? How did he not clock?
    It was online, the guy was camping and so was oblivious to what was behind him.

ReputationRep:
    Backstabbing in Civilization, giving people my word I won't attack them, let him get his defences down and then pounce and plunder :ahee: Watch as the player e-rages and ragequits :p:

ReputationRep:
    Red Dead Redemption: On a random event save someone who needs saving, allow them to thank you then shoot them in the face.

Metal Gear Solid 2: On the Big Shell (where you have lethal weapons) holding up a guard and seeing how many bullets you could put in him before he died.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Killing a load of guards together and shooting their bodies up so that their is blood everywhere and using the in-game cam to save pictures and finding them hilarious.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Knocking out/Killing a guard and then firing tranquilizer darts into their eyes/mouth/bum etc...

Let 4 Dead: Joining a server, leaving safe room, waiting for a horde to come and then shooting my teammates until they are on the floor and then running into the safe room and allowing the horde to finish them off.

Battle for Middle Earth: Choosing Isenguard. Upgrading seige works to make bombs. Moving bomb carriers (with bombs) into a teammates base. Detonate 1 bomb. (It is difficult for teammates to attack the bomb carriers because they are classed as "friendly" troops.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Acquire Tractor. Use hydraulic tow to connect to car with a driver/passengers. Drive to cliff overlooking the sea. Reverse slowly over so car is hanging over the cliff from the tow. Release tow.

The world of warcraft ones are more about making other players rage than being "unethical".

World of Warcraft: Stunlocking other members of the opposite faction on vanilla wow as a rogue.

World of Warcraft: Thousand needles Horde camp as an Alliance Priest with Mind Control. There was a safe spot at the top of a very sheer and high drop where I could wait for unsuspecting Horde to come within range. Need I say more?

World of Warcraft: Very early in vanilla wow (before diminishing returns) it was possible for a group of priests working together to continuously mindcontrol enemy players. The victim had no means of getting out of it and couldn't log out. They may not have been able to exit game either so would have had to go to task manager and quit the programme to get out of it. Never actually did that but it made me laugh like mad reading about it.

World of Warcraft: Killing any player in Badlands: the corpse run was ridiculous.

Edit:

Rollercoaster Tycoon: Build custom steel rollercoaster. Build a long station (for maximum passengers). Have a few other pieces of track in front of the station, ideally at a steep gradient for maximum height. Force rollercoaster to wait for full passengers before setting off. Select powered launch mode at maximum speed. Connect queue to an existing theme park path. Open rollercoaster.

(Original post by AugustWestie)
    I occasionally drive on the wrong side of the road in GTA4.
    I wouldn't wanna mess with you.

ReputationRep:
    In the original Just Cause, I was hanging about a little village. I went around the corner of a building, and there was a nun standing there. She looked at me, I looked at her... it was the most tense situation of my life. I couldn't take it any more, so I hosed with bullets... then spent 5 minutes shooting the corpse.

I don't think I'm going to heaven.

ReputationRep:
    fable 3. found a married woman, married her in front of her husband, bought out their house to live in, then shot him. I also killed the woman later

ReputationRep:
    As soon as the whistle goes at half or full time on fifa, go in for the leg breaking slide tackle over and over.

WWE low blow fest (created a character who had pretty much nothing but crotch punching and kicking moves, and went wild).

Fable 3 killing spree (women and children first).

ReputationRep:
    done the usual things like killing innocent bystanders, punching old ladies in the face then running away giggling, trapping sims in tiny rooms with no escape till they collapse and die in a pile of their own waste, but also burning and pillaging entire cities in rome total war or civ nuking them, having siege's in age of empires where you trap the enemy in their towns and pick off their army from over the walls untill they run out of food and start killing off their villagers. Created huge groups of horsemen for the task of hunting villagers. Completely wiping small towns off the map when they can no longer put up any kind of resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angela_Beth)
    Killed many, many people in Black and White and Grand Theft Auto. And many sims
    I tried to be good in Black and White...I tried so hard. But what fun is being good when you can hurl thousand ton rocks into housing estates?!

ReputationRep:
    DEFCON. Everybody died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeh_jeh)
    On those hospital simulation games (Theme Hospital?) I used to whack the heating right up in the waiting rooms and then charge an extortionate amount for drinks from the vending machines. :p: But, really, that's as far as it goes - I don't think I'm sadistic enough. :p:
    That's ingenious.

On Fallout 3, there was a quest named 'Tranquillity Lane' and it was messed up on so many levels.

Most sadistic thing I've probably ever done was click repeatedly on the seals on the Warcraft games in order for them to explode.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any of these new games with more freedom to do stuff like this, but I'm guilty somewhere along the line...
    Many sims killed, of course. I liked doing it more on bustin out when you had kids because they were just so stupid and annoying although the social worker somehow managed to get into a sealed room to save them :|

I liked killing farah in price of persia sands of time, just because she could be so bloody annoying and whiny

Taking damage on purpose in spyro the dragon (poor sparx!) so sparx would go blue and leave a multicoloured trail instead of gold :p: and continually headbutting or flaming and residents of worlds in the 2nd and 3rd games XD

I don't know if stealing stuff from people's houses counts when it's part of the game and the people inside don't seem to mind.

Simpsons hit and run, kicking chavs down hills and Ralph in his own back yrd where the police can't reach me but carry on trying anyway until they blow themselves up :p:

(Original post by jeh_jeh)
    On those hospital simulation games (Theme Hospital?) I used to whack the heating right up in the waiting rooms and then charge an extortionate amount for drinks from the vending machines. :p: But, really, that's as far as it goes - I don't think I'm sadistic enough. :p:
    How do you change the price of drinks? :O

ReputationRep:
    Red Faction for PS2, putting together an orgy with dead bodies...then burning them with the flametrower.

Again on RF throwing a demo charge onto an npc and watch them run around screaming.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.