Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've soooo got chilli up my nose

Back at the gym today due to the beginning of the week not being brilliant.

10 min run

Lighter weights today, lower back a little sore from yesterday.

Strict press @20kg - 1 x10
    Squats @35kg - 2 x 10
    Strict press @25kg - 1 x 5, and then @30kg 1 x 3.
    Lunges @ 25kg

10 min on the bike

Ate far too much cake today, but hey, that's Fridays :rolleyes: But the tuna and veg pasta made up for it a bit

ReputationRep:
    Gym was nice and empty today, sadly the trashy dance music that was playing ruined the fun.

10 mins on treadmill
    Deadlifts @ 50kg 3 x 5
    Strict press @ 25kg 1 x 5, @30 2 x 5
    Front squats @ 35kg 3 x 10
    10 mins on bike
    Lunges with 35kg 2 x 10 each

Slice of bread
    Mixed fruit
    Chicken, potato and cheese
    Mixed veg
    2 egg omelette
    2 mini muffins

My belly still feels empty, not good.

ReputationRep:
    Bouncing today because I got some time to have a fiddle on the squat rack - admittedly not much as I was knackered by the time it was available - but now I know that I'm definitely ready to up the weight on squats, deadlifts etc

Deadlifts @ 50 kg 3 x 5
    Strict Press @30 kg 2 x 5
    @35 kg 1 x 2 ... wasn't great though
    Front squats @ 35kg 2 x 10
    Back squats @ 40kg 2 x 10
    @ +40kg 2 x 5

Soooo want to improve on all of these now that I know I can.

AIM:

Deadlifts @ 60kg. At least 2 x 3.
    Front squats @ 50kg, back squats possibly higher...
    And I want a full set of strict press at 35kg.

Feeling very much geared up for a Saturday morning gym sesh.

ReputationRep:
    Nice strict pressing.

You only strict press 2.5kg less than my 21 yr old 13 stone brother... Which is awesome for you...

If you can backsquat 40 for 2 sets of 10 then 2 sets of 5 then you could probably already easily back squat 45/50 for a set of 5 or so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Nice strict pressing.

You only strict press 2.5kg less than my 21 yr old 13 stone brother... Which is awesome for you...

If you can backsquat 40 for 2 sets of 10 then 2 sets of 5 then you could probably already easily back squat 45/50 for a set of 5 or so..
    Cheers bud. I've got 1.25kg plates at home so I might just have to see if I can match that

Yehh I'm hoping to increase the weight a bit more for these now as they aren't too strenuous anymore, so I'm not working as hard as I could be. Just need to try to access that squat rack more.

No matter how much I love the colour purple, my shoulders just make me look like the victim of domestic violence :/ Not hot.

ReputationRep:
    Insane strict pressing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Cheers bud. I've got 1.25kg plates at home so I might just have to see if I can match that

Yehh I'm hoping to increase the weight a bit more for these now as they aren't too strenuous anymore, so I'm not working as hard as I could be. Just need to try to access that squat rack more.

No matter how much I love the colour purple, my shoulders just make me look like the victim of domestic violence :/ Not hot.
    so your 5ft1 at 11 stone, guessing your trying to loose weight?........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    so your 5ft1 at 11 stone, guessing your trying to loose weight?........
    Well it is nice to see my shape gradually trimming...

ReputationRep:
    So after realising that I squatted 2 x 5 @ 50kg when I was tired, I thought I'd slap a little more on...

Back squats 2 x 10 @60kg Score. Gona work hard at making sure I get low on these/ keep form etc before moving up anymore.

Didn't do too much more today, few strict presses. Really just wanted to have a play while the squat rack was free soI can get in and get out next time it's busy.

And I just saw my ex in town, who said I was looking good... shame I was sweaty and red but hey

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if your gym has small plates but if you get to anoint where you can't continue increasing weight on a exercise because the weight jumps are too big I suggest a trip to decathlon. 0.5 kg plates for like 75p! Helps to to continue progressing

ReputationRep:
    Well it is nice to see my shape gradually trimming...
    oh. sorry i just imagined at 5ft1 and being 11 stone you look big, anyways gl with the lifts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Not sure if your gym has small plates but if you get to anoint where you can't continue increasing weight on a exercise because the weight jumps are too big I suggest a trip to decathlon. 0.5 kg plates for like 75p! Helps to to continue progressing
    Cheers for that dude I'll see how it goes :yy:

(Original post by Onge)
    oh. sorry i just imagined at 5ft1 and being 11 stone you look big, anyways gl with the lifts.
    No worries bud, I'm enjoying this and it's having a gradual effect so we're all good. I'm not about to cut my calorie intake down to like 500 ha.

I just PBd at deadlifts :proud:

Deadlifts
    1 x 10 @ 50kg
    3 x 5 @ 60kg

Strict Press
    1 x 10 @ 25kg
    1 x 10 @ 30kg
    Somebody had stolen the 35kg :grumble:

Back squats
    1 x 10 @ 50kg
    1 x 10 @ 60kg

Should have done some lunges too, but I'm planning on going again tomorrow so it's front squats, lunges and 35kg on the strict press. I feel like I should do a big growl now... rawr

Le food:
    Porridge and raspberry jam
    A few biccies
    Lemon and black pepper chicken with yellow pepper sandwiches. And the seeded bread was amazing.
    Mackerel with cous cous and yelow pepper, tomato, sweetcorn and celery salad

ReputationRep:
    I just PBd at deadlifts :proud:
    Strict Press
    1 x 10 @ 25kg
    1 x 10 @ 30kg
    Somebody had stolen the 35kg :grumble:

Should have done some lunges too, but I'm planning on going again tomorrow so it's front squats, lunges and 35kg on the strict press. I feel like I should do a big growl now... rawr
    Congrats on the PB. Always a great feeling leaving the gym after a PB. You do feel like a beast...

Oh and for strict press what you should do is just go to the squat rack, check a 5kg on each side and then a 2.5 and then boom there's your 35kg weight.

Don't worry about someone else using the 35(Guessing this is a fixed barbell)
    It's easier than as you can go up in 2.5kg chunks.

Then you can go for 37.5 and press the same as my 13 stone brother then that will surely be awesome...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Congrats on the PB. Always a great feeling leaving the gym after a PB. You do feel like a beast...

Oh and for strict press what you should do is just go to the squat rack, check a 5kg on each side and then a 2.5 and then boom there's your 35kg weight.

Don't worry about someone else using the 35(Guessing this is a fixed barbell)
    It's easier than as you can go up in 2.5kg chunks.

Then you can go for 37.5 and press the same as my 13 stone brother then that will surely be awesome...
    Yay thanks. Gona up the reps for the rest of the week and see if I can get up to 65kg soon

Ahh yeh I probably could have once the bloke moved off... n'mind. I think I'm gona struggle movin upwards of 35kg on strict presses to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Quick day in the gym today

Lunges 3 x 10 @40kg

Strict press 1 x 8 @ 30kg, 1 x 3 @ 35kg

Rows 1 x 10 @ 40kg... I think

Porridge
    Orange
    Pancakes of course
    Lamb meatballs in spicy veg sauce with rice and nan. A few picky bits like garlic mushrooms...
    Maybe some fruit or something in a little while

ReputationRep:
    Decent workout, higher weight is needed.

You should really push yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Just upped the back squats and the deadlifts :proud:

Deadlifts
    2 x 5 @ 60kg
    1 x 5 @ 65kg - Think it'll take some work to get this up any more any time soon

Back squats
    2 x 5 @ 60kg
    2 x 5 @ 65kg - And I think I can push this a little more yet

Seemed like a very short sesh, but I'm happy with progress and still feel like I can do better so it's all good

Porridge
    Biccies
    Cous cous with salami, tomatoes and yellow peppers
    Fish and chips with pickles... social thing!

ReputationRep:
    Just had a lovely showdown with parents who just think I should be maintaining a caloric deficit. Full Stop.

I don't really know what to say to them anymore. Caloric deficit is fine... but it's not the best way in the world to do things. Bloody people make me doubt myself.

**** it. Had a good session today. Was making little progress without tracking properly so I'm gona aim to steadily increase weights in all the complex lifts - dropped them a little for now as form was getting a bit questionable - and keep a good record. I just damn well hope that my body shape changes in a good way over the next few months or I'm gona get a lot of **** off the parents. Any advice appreciated.

Squats: 5x5 @ 40. Full depth. Upping the weight.
    Bench press: 5x5 @ 25, 2x5 @ 35. Aim for 5x5 @ 35.
    Barbell rows: 5x5 @ 35. Increase to 37.5.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You still have showdowns with your parents at 23?

Advice: move out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    You still have showdowns with your parents at 23?

Advice: move out.
    We'll have it forever.

I'm applying for my next job move (+£), will be out as soon as I get it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.