Arab Women... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maljebo)
    "Laa khilqa wa la akhlaaq"
    :rofl:

(Original post by Escriba)
    I hate to generalise BUT...

In my experience they give the dirtiest looks when they don't even know you! You walk past them in a mall they look you up and down, you walk into a wedding hall and they've got these sneers plastered all over their faces as well as make-up. I'm pretty certain this has NOTHING to do with colour because it's a whole variety of Arabs who I've seen do this and it's annoying not to mention quite rude. Anyone else had similar experiences? Do you think it's just a cultural thing to give a woman you don't know the daggers so to speak?

Can I just ask, how can you tell they're giving you a dirty look when their faces are covered up with niqabs or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    Why? She should be free to wear whatever the hell she pleases. If it offends the Arabs, why should she care? It's her life, and she's not trying to please them.
    Whilst I must thank you for that John can I also make it clear that I do not dress like a chav.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Are u brown? Arabs look down on the brown people.
    Ah man good to know! I'm a light brownish Arab so let the self-loathing begin then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    :rofl:

Can I just ask, how can you tell they're giving you a dirty look when their faces are covered up with niqabs or whatever?
    They don't all cover their faces. And as for the ones that do, it's all in the eyes! Besides, women aren't covered 24/7. It could be at someone's house as well or at school etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused and no not all arab women are covered wake up will you what do you also think all people from the middle east ride camels to work and wear turbans :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I must thank you for that John can I also make it clear that I do not dress like a chav.

Of course not, I was just making a point

I know the rules of girls dressing anyway, it's a sin to have breasts AND legs out, it's one or the other at any one time, amiright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p+i+n+k)
    Actually yeah, emirati women give me such a looks :eek:
    I completely forgot, I had to re-read to post to remember that lol
    I went once to a wedding, I was dressed with long sleeves but a tight black dress (breast covered) and they were showing their boobs and stuff but they still gave me such a looks .... :eek:
    Oh, please. If you'll start naming ethnicities of people who give you 'looks', we'll never be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma3arf)
    Oh, please. If you'll start naming ethnicities of people who give you 'looks', we'll never be done.
    Actually all women do, so I don't think it is just emirati lol
    I first said : Tbh it has never happened to me --- but then I remembered that wedding.
    But it is not just them - most women give looks so it has nothing to do with the ethnicity !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrospect)
    Are you? Strange that you would come to this conclusion above any other (e.g. women are *****y).
    Oh I meant Arabs in general, men and women

(Original post by mare?)
    Ah man good to know! I'm a light brownish Arab so let the self-loathing begin then?
    I meant as in people of south- asian decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    Of course not, I was just making a point

I know the rules of girls dressing anyway, it's a sin to have breasts AND legs out, it's one or the other at any one time, amiright?

Well no-it's just that you can't show either to any man who isn't mahram i.e. your brother, father, maternal & paternal uncles etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    I'm confused and no not all arab women are covered wake up will you what do you also think all people from the middle east ride camels to work and wear turbans :confused:
    Is this meant for me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Anna<)
    I get this sometimes...I mostly assume it's because I look a bit arab but I don't dress in a way that they would consider to be 'modest'. :dontknow:

Same, and this happens with Indians, Pakistanis etc too. Everyone seems to think I'm half whatever they are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FkaFatima)
    My dad is Iraqi and mum is British, I kinda see the difference between to types of people. Not my parents of course but in Englan and the one time I went to Iraq. See, im a girl who loves to play basketball, England ok, iraq not really looked up to almot shamed but hey, they live in primitive times. When women weren't allowed a personality.
    cheb lek

Spoiler:
    Show
    basically shut up, but the translation doesn't do it justice

ReputationRep:
    Is this meant for me? :confused:
    no for democracy lol just thought I'd join in on this discussion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    no for democracy lol just thought I'd join in on this discussion
    LOL! Oh okay!

ReputationRep:
    This is actually kind of true although I've never noticed it before.

I don't always dress as modest as they would like I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Yeah, I'm an absolute ***** to people I don't know.

Spoiler:
    Show
    No. You probably just look like an idiot. You sound like one anyway.
    Charmed I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    White Arabs, black Arabs, Asian Arabs....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    Never noticed, but the Arab guy that works in the grocery store down my road always screw-faces me for no reason :dontknow:
    He might want something from you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    What?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.