Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your other half's exs are ugly, does that mean you're ugly? Watch

my boyfriend's ex isn't that attractive either (in my eyes). and from what he has told me she was a bit of a psycho and used to lie several times to keep in contact with him and stay with him. apparently she faked pregnancy several times. and pretended to get abortions or that she had miscarriages.

Anyway... it makes me suspicious, that he stayed with her even after all these lies, and phantom pregnancies, she drive him mad... forced him to stay with her because of these lies, yet he clearly still slept with her.. even after he found out. so i am in the same position, he wanted to be with her even when she did this. so i am constantly comparing myself to her. does he just want to be with me for the sake for being with someone. since he had no standards when it came to her?

it's normal to compare yourself to the ex girlfriend. he probably is over the moon he's with you. don't fret too much.

ReputationRep:
    you look exactly the same as the other girls - plain and quite unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalculusMan)
    It must be. After all it must be reasonable to assume that because someone else in the world is ugly, that you are too.
    Ah of course. The long-established principle.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he is punching above his weight having you

ReputationRep:
    Some guys have a history of dating girls who are all completely different from in each other in terms of looks and attractiveness (which is subjective in itself anyway). So don't worry, it probably doesn't even mean very much.

ReputationRep:
    None of the exes are ugly imo, neither are you. Stop worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok I'll post pics,
    I'm using their fb display pics because I assume they think they are nice photos of themselves, so it's not like I'm going out of my way to find horrible ones

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7119439_n.jpg
    One on the right

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6655384_n.jpg
    One on the left

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6458907_n.jpg
    Me (with him)
    You're all grenades.

probably shouldn't have made this post just when i ran out of anti-depressants. Thanks guys, gonna go jump off a cliff now.

ReputationRep:
    probably shouldn't have made this post just when i ran out of anti-depressants. Thanks guys, gonna go jump off a cliff now.
    why because your over inflated opinion of yourself has been brought down to earth? Besides you deserve it for posting pictures of girls and calling them ugly for the world to see without asking them.

ReputationRep:
    logic.

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe you posted pictures of thoose girls (calling them ugly) without permission.
    From this i have concluded that you are ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Most probably yeah :rolleyes: Why are you even thinking something so stupid anyway? You're in a relationship, get over yourself and stop being so paranoid, honestly

ReputationRep:
    Looks aren't everything! Don't bother about what people think of you on here, your boyfriend obviously likes you so that's all that matters, surely?

Although I'd take those pictures down now in case they are on here and see them. I'd be so annoyed if someone had posted pictures of me on the internet calling me ugly!

ReputationRep:
    My situation's worse... My ex's new boyfriend is hideous, definitely worse than me by quite a bit and I'm no looker. His saving grace is obviously the fact he now has a partner, like you, whilst I do not.

Moral of the story: It doesn't matter, you have a boyfriend. Give me pity.

ReputationRep:
    So my current boyfriend is the first boyfriend I've had who has been in serious relationships before (as opposed to a 1 week then when they're 14 etc),
    and I can't help but notice his exs aren't that attractive, at all.
    Even my mum noticed that his exs all looked similar, and weren't the prettiest.
    Does this mean I'm ugly too? I asked a friend, but of course he said I was pretty.
    I'm really paranoid

I'm debating whether or not to post pics, could be awkward if they're on here

Anyone else in a similar situation?
    haha OP, im glad im not the only one who thiks like this

no, i dont think it does. some (most) men over 18 just take what they can get without too much effort. most guys under 16, and guys loking for a wife have an image - she must be slim, 8/10 pretty, not slept with over 5 guys, good at cooking, love kids, not drink gamble or swear too much, fit in with friends and family, be kind to animals etc etc

BUT most guys arent looking to get married til they have a career, house, car and are over 30 so meanwhile....just for a gf to shag regularly and to move in with, a guy has much lower standards (not saying he will just shag anything, but just the standards he will accept arent as high as for a wife.

he might accept a gal having only maybe one or two attributes on the dream list. and even though he might live with her / date her for a few years, he is holding out for the dream wife woman and wont marry the gf. that is, until he hits 30/marrying age and he realises the gf is the best he can get. thats why men readily have gfs and live with gals but drag feet getting married until they reach the age to settle or else meet someone better.

i hope that answers your question. the guy you are with has low standards presumably cos he cant be bothered putting effort into getting classy pretty gals, since he has fairly lowish standards for a woman just to shag and date for a bit. but if a better deal comes along ie you, he will willingly upgrade. but if you are not the dream girl, you will be strung along for a few years or else upgraded. how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    @ anon, just saw the pics, your the one with the reddish hair right? if i was a dude i'd date you, you're really quite pretty.

most dudes if given a choice between you and an ugly chick would choose you. but most dudes given a choice between an ugly chick who fancies them, and nothing, will choose the ugly chick

OP, your boyfriend's called Neil right? His first ex is called Eleanor, right? Oh this is hilarious. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    OP, your boyfriend's called Neil right? His first ex is called Eleanor, right? Oh this is hilarious. :rofl:
    HAHA

ReputationRep:
    :jerry: ahahaha

ReputationRep:
    So my current boyfriend is the first boyfriend I've had who has been in serious relationships before (as opposed to a 1 week then when they're 14 etc),
    and I can't help but notice his exs aren't that attractive, at all.
    Even my mum noticed that his exs all looked similar, and weren't the prettiest.
    Does this mean I'm ugly too? I asked a friend, but of course he said I was pretty.
    I'm really paranoid

I'm debating whether or not to post pics, could be awkward if they're on here

Anyone else in a similar situation?
    I don't know why your so paranoid!
    Tbh my gf isn't best looking girl, but I like her for who she is and not for what she looks like. Tbh if someone is going out with you because they just think your hot then that's not exactly a serious relationship. If he likes you and you like him then whats the problem? So what if he's had gfs who aren't that attractive. Doesn't mean your not! Everyone has different tastes. What i think is attractive might not be the same for you - and anyway my taste has changed over the years so?

To me it sounds like he's hit the jackpot with you, and your just better looking than him. :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.