Because Islam is gangsta?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Because Mike Tyson can count to potato.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    :lol: @ the haters

Excellent
    Haha yes! I wasn't even intentionally bigging up Islam or insulting other religions, but people can't seem to come to terms with the idea of a religion being so endearing and attractive. More people should educate themselves, I mean there certainly must be a reason why it's so embraced in the West.

ReputationRep:
    because they're black, hence they feel it a religion of acceptance, and stupid, hence they overlook Islamic evilness.

ReputationRep:
    I believe this is appropriate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumt_y)
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BaabZGe_Uf...-R/A-tyson.jpg

^That was taken not too long ago. It seems he's fully practising.
    Ok well then I'd say that's good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maljebo)
    Haha yes!

This should be in my OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missgeorgia)
    Because islam is the best

I think people find guidance and strength in this religion. Its not all about terrorism, wars etc. as is the common misconception these days.
    so only part of it is about terrorism and war? Well I am relieved.

ReputationRep:
    Just to name a few:

Boxers

Muhammad Ali
    Rubin Carter
    Bernard Hopkins
    Mike Tyson
    Danny Williams
    Chris Eubanks

Rappers

Rakim
    Nearly all of the Wu-tang Clan
    Mos Def
    Lupe (I think he was born into it though)
    Ice Cube
    Q-Tip
    Bone Thugs
    Beanie Siegel
    Scarface
    The Roots
    Ghost Face Killer

and so so many more LEGENDS in both fields, why do barely any of them convert to Judaism or Hinduism or Christianity? Why Boxing and Hip Hop in particular - how come there are barely any Muslim actors - or of other professions in the Entertainment industry?

Because islam is a barbaric sport which encourages violence?
    And islam is also a terrible genre of music (by the evidence you have given me)

Did you even read my OP?
      Ok then, we can do this properly. First, please provide sources for the following claims in your op:

1) that each of the names listed has at one time and still is muslim
      2) that they are the greatest in their fields
      3) that more 'great' rappers convert to islam than the other religions mentioned
      4) that more 'great' boxers convert to islam than the other religions mentioned
      5) that great boxers and rappers are more likely to convert to islam than great people in other fields.
      6)that there are barely any muslims in the entertainment industry

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by maljebo)
      Word.

ReputationRep:
      But did they convert to Christianity? I dont hear much about converting to other faiths tbh, especially Islam wasn't/isn't considered a "Western" faith yet it dominates in certain feilds that are prevalent in the West.
      yes islam does have a particular.....virulence, doesn't it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lonelykatana)
      Because islam is a barbaric sport which encourages violence?
      And islam is also a terrible genre of music (by the evidence you have given me)
      Neither of what you said made any sense :hand:

ReputationRep:
      Beacause idiots like idiotic things?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by morecambebay)
      Ok then, we can do this properly. First, please provide sources for the following claims in your op:

1) that each of the names listed has at one time and still is muslim
      2) that they are the greatest in their fields
      3) that more 'great' rappers convert to islam than the other religions mentioned
      4) that more 'great' boxers convert to islam than the other religions mentioned
      5) that great boxers and rappers are more likely to convert to islam than great people in other fields.
      6)that there are barely any muslims in the entertainment industry
      Those names i've got were from being a life long fan of both boxing and hip hop. You're on a computer - the internet is a wonderful thing I suggest you use it yourself

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
      islam is the best? :rolleyes: You seem to think about islam in a kind of idolatry way. The term "best" to define a religion is quite inmature from your part, don't you think TSR fellow?
      I wouldn't say neccessarily immature. I couldn't think of a better/more appropriate word, and im not one to go looking especially in a dictionary/thesaurus for one :P. What would would you suggest SoulfulBoy?

ReputationRep:
      Because, deep down, they felt something was missing.

Open mindedness leads to wisdom, which leads to the need to seek knowledge, eventually with the hope that you finally, truly, find your comfort zone. For all of these, thorough research/instanoeus reaction to something so pure, when seen in its TRUE light, not propogated, is hard to just let pass by, without questioning life, and asking oneself, why?

And good on them, they chose to use their brains, and think ahead for success, instead of fixating in their thoughts on the meantime. As soon or later, they realise that the present doesn't bring happiness; its the future that counts.

Whatever people do, aslong as it makes them happy, thats the main thing that counts. But theres always more knowledge to be sought.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KingofSpades)
      yes islam does have a particular.....virulence, doesn't it.
      Someone needs educating

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.