Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mum keeps calling me a slut! Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

Yeah, basically my mum keeps calling me a slut, disgusting, tart, strumpet and other words to that effect.

I am 18 years old and have a boyfriend. It's long distance so we don't see each other that often but he's coming to stay with my family tomorrow (they've never met him) but I decided to get a hotel in with him the night before he stays because we don't see each other that often and I want to spend alone time with him. We haven't even had sex yet and it's not that sort of relationship yet but my mother has been digging at me ever since I told her and not even speaking to me because of it.

She has always been a prude and doesn't even allow anyone in the house to say "fart" or "bum" because she thinks its rude! When I told her I'd had sex with my last boyfriend (who I was with for three years and she hated for no reason and I was 16) she cried and didn't speak to me for three weeks. Even when she did, she never listened to what I had to say and just called me a trollop.

I've ignored it for a while, but I'm 18 years old now and I'm bloody fed up with it. Any advice on how to approach this would be appreciated.
    I am assuming that youre not adopted... How does she think she made you? Is she the Virgin Mary?? Sex is completely normal in a healthy relationship! Shhe just needs to open hers eyes a bit.

Get her to read this topic :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Yeah, basically my mum keeps calling me a slut, disgusting, tart, strumpet and other words to that effect.

I am 18 years old and have a boyfriend. It's long distance so we don't see each other that often but he's coming to stay with my family tomorrow (they've never met him) but I decided to get a hotel in with him the night before he stays because we don't see each other that often and I want to spend alone time with him. We haven't even had sex yet and it's not that sort of relationship yet but my mother has been digging at me ever since I told her and not even speaking to me because of it.

She has always been a prude and doesn't even allow anyone in the house to say "fart" or "bum" because she thinks its rude! When I told her I'd had sex with my last boyfriend (who I was with for three years and she hated for no reason and I was 16) she cried and didn't speak to me for three weeks. Even when she did, she never listened to what I had to say and just called me a trollop.

I've ignored it for a while, but I'm 18 years old now and I'm bloody fed up with it. Any advice on how to approach this would be appreciated.
    And this is why people should have a license to have children rather then letting any ****wit pop them out because how the hell can that retard of a parent help this girl with any of her problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Yeh, cos Muslims use the word `strumpet'.
    :rolleyes:

You misunderstand me, I meant the posters saying "You should not sleep with your boyfriend EVAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR" :mad::mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    I think she is being quite harsh and unreasonable,you clearly are none of those things she has called you(on the basis of what you have told us) so I would just try to have a rational discussion with her,to explain your points,and if that doent work,I would jusy leave her to cool down and show her you are responsible. :0 All parents can be strange at times x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat, I'm seeing someone and yes I slept with him already, but I'm 18.

My mum keeps calling me disgusting, even when I was a virgin she would call me a slut and my sister joins in. It has nothing to do with either of them. I hate the fact that I have no privacy, I don't even have a bedroom door because they kicked it and broke it in half in a strop.

I need help on resolving this but the only way I can see out of it is if I move out, which I can't afford.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Drama queen

ReputationRep:
    Never seen a thread revived after so long. Well played.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Sex and relationships are natural part of life, and if you're in a relationship with someone that you trust and cares about you then there's nothing to be worried about. But yeah, tell her that you understand she's worried about you and you appreciate her care and concern, but that you would never do anything to make her worried about your well-being, so she needs to ease off a little and give you the room to be an adult.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

aaw that's sweet she just wants to think of you as her innocent little girl and not a young woman

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.