Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well you did say games console, and even blackberries have games to pass the time, although not as engaging but BBs original demographic was business use, not childs play :P

ReputationRep:
    It's not TOTALLY free but free in a sense. You do not pay PER bbm, it's kind of like having unlimited texts to all blackberry users worldwide.

Also say if you have friends in the USA who also have bbm it is far cheaper to bbm them than to text them. For international communication on your phone (while you are in the Uk) it is very good.

ReputationRep:
    Blackberries primary use was business as a previous poster has said.

Anyway, i don't want a high end camera on my phone, or even gaming capacity. I want to be able to call my mum and my brother when i'm at uni, i want to have access to my emails on the bus into town (personal reasons for this which i'm not going into), i want to text my friend who's a technaphobe, and i bbm my boyfriend cuz you get all the cool smilies that you don't get in texts and he doesn't use any other IMs before you ask cuz i'm the only person he wishes to communicate with in such a way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellacute)
    Blackberries primary use was business as a previous poster has said.

Anyway, i don't want a high end camera on my phone, or even gaming capacity. I want to be able to call my mum and my brother when i'm at uni, i want to have access to my emails on the bus into town (personal reasons for this which i'm not going into), i want to text my friend who's a technaphobe, and i bbm my boyfriend cuz you get all the cool smilies that you don't get in texts and he doesn't use any other IMs before you ask cuz i'm the only person he wishes to communicate with in such a way.
    Unlimited texts? Then you can text anyone rather than just people with bb's. And just so you know Android has emoticons in sms's.

ReputationRep:
    Better than 02 who charge you £1 a day for using the internet on an iphone even when you have wifi and 3g turned off O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Unlimited texts? Then you can text anyone rather than just people with bb's. And just so you know Android has emoticons in sms's.
    I'm not gna argue with that, but i like the security of RIMs servers to say "private" things to me boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    I think the best part is that you really don't use much data at all. BIS (blackberry internet server) compresses everything, so you would say use about 50MB a month. On Android however, I have used 250MB in 5 days because I've been without WiFi for a week. That would never happen on Blackberry unless you were using it as a modem to download movies.

No internet is free, but BIS seems to be the most economical in usage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I think the best part is that you really don't use much data at all. BIS (blackberry internet server) compresses everything, so you would say use about 50MB a month. On Android however, I have used 250MB in 5 days because I've been without WiFi for a week. That would never happen on Blackberry unless you were using it as a modem to download movies.

No internet is free, but BIS seems to be the most economical in usage.
    250mb, what where you using. because unless it is whatsapp you can't really compare normal use with bbm.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have data plan, pay about 15 a month. It is so useless all it is is a organiser + calls & texts. Gutted they don't even let you get to app store via WiFi when even on iPad you can.

Already on 18 out of 24 month contract, so frustrating at such a useless phone (sans data plan) - I just can't wait to get out of BB and getting an Android or iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    BB is **** anyway

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.