Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

wants to go out with a guy on TSR watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-bang-theory)
    Two things:

1: Why are you no longer ipulledhermione?
    2: With regard to the point at hand, that sexual attraction is an initial pull to making a person want to talk to someone does not mean they are "soley" after sex. For my own part, though it's not particularly common I randomly PM people when exceptionally bored after reading one of their particularly interesting posts. Not for any particular desire to get laid using TSR but to get some light entertainment with a total stranger. A person's allure involves all available information about them,including, when revealed, a physical element, not just in terms of physical attraction but the image they present as a person. Granted if the PM entails "nice bewbs" chances are you're not on to a winner in terms of personality as someone worth talking to, but that there was an element of physical attraction involved in deciding to PM someone is hardly some horrific thing to be morally deplored...
    I have nothing against PMs. I personally love the idea of meeting someone on tsr (you can read through their opinions - or lack there of - about politics, religion, morality, sex, etc etc) it is utterly fabulous for someone like me who doesn't get butterflies merely over someones looks.

The qualm i have with PMs are essentially the ones that are just 'hi nice legs, cn i see ur booty' , or ones that are just of the senders knob (this has happened to me twice).

Having said that. I've had pms with the most fantasitic/witty/intelligent/unusal intros from really cool people. I love them. And i especially love the fact that my avatar is a set of tits/my sig is essentially my faceless form yet XYZ pm'd me in an engaging and unconsuming fashion.

As much as i dislike the exposure tsr gives me to the way guys seem to approach and percieve woman, i've got to hand it to this site. The stuff i know and learn about guys hitting on me here is so much more interesting and valuable than any pub/club/library/uni meet.

/rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Masquerador.)
    There was a guy sitting next to me on the bus reading tsr A level Maths notes print outs... I did a double take, I was so surprised :eek:

I now regulerly see him on the bus if I take the early one :ninja:

Its quite strange actually.
    Walk onto the bus, stand there and shout "Alright, Who Quoted Me"? Hopefully he would stand up and say "You mean on TSR?!" in an inquisitive fashion and then proceed to sweep you off your feet (not literally).

ReputationRep:
    I met my boyfriend through TSR .
    It all started though PMs; I don't even remember what the original conversation was about but the short messages soon turned into mini essays which went on for months. It turned out that we lived pretty close to each other so we finally swapped phone numbers and began texting. A few months down the line he had come to visit me at uni a few times and he asked me out . I'm so happy.

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not the people you're talking to on the internet are real people who actually lead lives outside of the little internet bubble (or at least so some of them tell me, personally I like it inside my bubble ), there's every chance many of the people you know in RL use TSR and you just don't know who they are.

In your case though, the only thing to do is to check every single member's profile, cut out all the females and all the ones with pictures that don't look like him. Then PM the rest to ask if they get that bus. It's the only rational medium of contact one could make with him :P
    See, I find it very difficult to believe...somehow I always assume they're beings that feed, breath, discrete and generally live through internet forums.

Oh no, wait - those are trolls. Easy mistake

And thats actually a very logical way of doing it, with only one tiny drawback which is that I would be revealing to all the males on tsr between 16 and 19 without images on their display pics which bus I take every morning. :yikes:

Yeahh, I might do that orrr, I could go up to him next time I see him and ask him what his username is whatcha think? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shygirl92)
    I have nothing against PMs. I personally love the idea of meeting someone on tsr (you can read through their opinions - or lack there of - about politics, religion, morality, sex, etc etc) it is utterly fabulous for someone like me who doesn't get butterflies merely over someones looks.
    Awesome sauce. That solves pretty much all qualms I had

The qualm i have with PMs are essentially the ones that are just 'hi nice legs, cn i see ur booty' , or ones that are just of the senders knob (this has happened to me twice).
    If it helps, I'm pretty sure most of these are for pure shock value rather than a particular expectation of sex. A group of highly immature, highly sexualised teens getting kicks out of the anonymity the internet affords them rather than a desperate and sincere belief that they might actually get laid by doing this. Certainly people sending pictures of cocks around seems more akin to the chatroulette randomers who sit on the computer masturbating to see people's reactions or out of the perverse pleasure of being viewed and not having it come back to them in real life rather than treating the person themselves as a sexual object.

Anonymity while one of the best aspects of the internet, also brings out the worst in many people, certainly I have on many occasions said things on the internet that I wouldn't dream of having said IRL. Though increasingly as I get older my internet and RL persona's are increasingly close, if anything my internet persona is a little more tepid than my RL one now as I have the chance to proof-read what I write and try and phrase things in an inoffensive way.

Having said that. I've had pms with the most fantasitic/witty/intelligent/unusal intros from really cool people. I love them. And i especially love the fact that my avatar is a set of tits/my sig is essentially my faceless form yet XYZ pm'd me in an engaging and unconsuming fashion.
    This is why I enjoy forums mostly .

As much as i dislike the exposure tsr gives me to the way guys seem to approach and percieve woman, i've got to hand it to this site. The stuff i know and learn about guys hitting on me here is so much more interesting and valuable than any pub/club/library/uni meet.

/rant
    Believe me when I tell you that the way guys talk about and act towards girls with anonymity does not necessarily indicate their behaviour and actual attitudes. Or at least if it does it's a much more happy world to simply believe it isn't .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    Walk onto the bus, stand there and shout "Alright, Who Quoted Me"? Hopefully he would stand up and say "You mean on TSR?!" in an inquisitive fashion and then proceed to sweep you off your feet (not literally).
    :rofl:

And then he'll proceed to swear blind that he has no idea who I am when I run the length of the bus shouting 'OMGOSHHHH, I've met a fellow TSRIAN IN REAL LIFE !!1112...you're REALL!!!'

And I will forevermore be known as the freak girl on the *bus i take name* bus. ouch.

ReputationRep:
    See, I find it very difficult to believe...somehow I always assume they're beings that feed, breath, discrete and generally live through internet forums.

Oh no, wait - those are trolls. Easy mistake

And thats actually a very logical way of doing it, with only one tiny drawback which is that I would be revealing to all the males on tsr between 16 and 19 without images on their display pics which bus I take every morning. :yikes:
    Can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs as it were...

Yeahh, I might do that orrr, I could go up to him next time I see him and ask him what his username is whatcha think? :teehee:
    Contact... in real life... first? Sounds weird, wouldn't try it personally but each unto their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Why not? I did and I'm married to them now.

OP, you just send a PM and get talking. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.
    "to them" LMAO, I bet you've PM'd a dozen chicks.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it doesn't give ideas to the bosses of TSR to turn it into a dating website!

ReputationRep:
    Can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs as it were...

Contact... in real life... first? Sounds weird, wouldn't try it personally but each unto their own.
    So if you were to be talking to someone who you knew from what they were saying that they were from tsr or you at least had an inkling they might be, you would not ask them if they were on here?

granted, it's a bit different to my situation - I've know since last exam season and not spoken to the person- but it makes sense to talk to them then instead of going on a mad hunt for them on tsr!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

And then he'll proceed to swear blind that he has no idea who I am when I run the length of the bus shouting 'OMGOSHHHH, I've met a fellow TSRIAN IN REAL LIFE !!1112...you're REALL!!!'

And I will forevermore be known as the freak girl on the *bus i take name* bus. ouch.
    The next day, as you walk down the bus with people preventing you from sitting down next to them, you may hear a voice saying "you can sit here, if you want". You turn around and its the man of your dreams beckoning you over. :moon:

What I'm trying to say is that exposing and being rejected by a fellow TSRian and becoming another public transport nutter could actually prove beneficial after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Met on TSR through the LGBTSoc in March 2007, got talking on MSN, then ran up a huuuuuge phone bill, met up properly in July 2007, moved in together in November 2007, got engaged in December 2007, got married in March 2008.
    Woah, that all seems so quick! But if it's meant to be, then that's cool. Congrats on all that

ReputationRep:
    So if you were to be talking to someone who you knew from what they were saying that they were from tsr or you at least had an inkling they might be, you would not ask them if they were on here?

granted, it's a bit different to my situation - I've know since last exam season and not spoken to the person- but it makes sense to talk to them then instead of going on a mad hunt for them on tsr!
    I refer you to my signature:

"P.S. If my post sounds like I'm an idiot and/or sicko, just assume I'm being ironic/facetious/sarcastic or a combination thereof..."

I was being facetious

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I refer you to my signature:

"P.S. If my post sounds like I'm an idiot and/or sicko, just assume I'm being ironic/facetious/sarcastic or a combination thereof..."

I was being facetious
    :facepalm:Should've read the sig first :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    The next day, as you walk down the bus with people preventing you from sitting down next to them, you may hear a voice saying "you can sit here, if you want". You turn around and its the man of your dreams beckoning you over. :moon:

What I'm trying to say is that exposing and being rejected by a fellow TSRian and becoming another public transport nutter could actually prove beneficial after all.
    Then, I wake in a feverish haze and glance at the alarm clock lying on my bedside table : 6.00pm it read in scarlet letters.

Another day of embarrassment was about to ensue on the no. 18 bus. I dropped back into my bed burying my head deep in my pillows attempting to stifle the sobs that were fast escaping.

I don't think I can risk it :afraid: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:Should've read the sig first :emo:
    And on that bombshell I shall leave the thread for the time being, I'm getting double pay to work tomorrow, I figure I ought to be awake enough to work properly.

Goodnight

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to imagine a TSRian in real life, all I see is avatars and usernames.

This thread is cute though, oh the power of the Internet...

ReputationRep:
    Then, I wake in a feverish haze and glance at the alarm clock lying on my bedside table : 6.00pm it read in scarlet letters.

Another day of embarrassment was about to ensue on the no. 18 bus. I dropped back into my bed burying my head deep in my pillows attempting to stifle the sobs that were fast escaping.

I don't think I can risk it :afraid: :cry2:
    In the words of Cheryl Cole "if anything is worth having, it's sure enough worth fighting for". Swallow your pride and approach this TSRian and a beautiful relationship may be born. Besides, you could always ride a bike if the bus becomes a no-go zone.

ReputationRep:
    And on that bombshell I shall leave the thread for the time being, I'm getting double pay to work tomorrow, I figure I ought to be awake enough to work properly.

Goodnight
    Good Idea...I should go to sleep myself since I plan on venturing outdoors before 4 tomorrow.

Night.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.