Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Uggs do you prefer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like the ones with the zip better; everyone had the standard other ones a few years ago so I think the others are nice because they're a little different. I like the slightly darker colour as well.

ReputationRep:
    second pair - don't like the zip on the first, but if you want to be 'original' or something, then go for the zipped?

ReputationRep:
    Uggs don't look that great in the first place anyway, might as well get the 2nd pair so that at least there will be others looking identically as bad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like either, but the second pair look slightly better.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my mum got the 1st pair in black for xmas and I got the second in chestnut. The roslynn (1st) ones are much sturdier around the heel, where the logo is but my mum says that makes it a bit harder and a little more unflexible until they're broken in properly... they are different though (and I know people my age who have them too! Not just my mum before you start thinking that maybe they're for older people!).
    I like the classics because although everyone has them, they're simple and really comfy. I'd personally go with
    Whichever ones you go for they'll be good quality... it's just a matter of finding the right ones for you. They're crazily comfy and keep your feet really warm.

Yeah... i'm probably gonna get quite a lot of neg rep for that post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    I'm not treating myself these uggs for a fashion statement, my feet get extremely cold during winter and I have no shoes to keep them warm. If I have money I have earnt from working hard, why can't I spend it on something I actually want and need?

My parents don't have the money to spare on shoes like this, I don't get much at christmas, so I've decided to save up for them, plus I get 10% student discount which means £17 off!!

The real sheep skin is the difference between the fake uggs and real uggs, the real sheep skin makes the shoes incredibly warm, and I'm sorry but if you eat meat, you have no ground to stand on. Where did you get that statistic anyway, I'm quite interested in how they made the shoes.

Just another post, if you get them from a site like javari or shudoo you could get a discount code... shudoo quite often have 20% discounts that you can find through sites such as moneysavingexpert...
    If you want to buy them from a shop, I'm not sure if they still do it, but a couple of months ago Aspecto did a loyalty card which gave you a discount of 15%. That's how my parents bought mine... they bought my mum's when they were on sale on javari because you get nectar points on there too...
    Didn't know if that was of any interest or necessity but it might save you some money!

ReputationRep:
    NONE.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Uggs. Seems to be the choice of footwear for fat women on the Jeremy Kyle show. No offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenorivers)
    I am 85% sure that's a load of rubbish. I've sewn up slippers before, out of felt maybe but I have a general idea of the amount of fabric needed. 8 Sheeps worth is not the amount of fabric needed.

BESIDES. sheepskin is a by product of the meat so nyerr :P
    If you see a sheep that's been shaved they don't really have much skin on them, especially that can be used.
    Because it's a by-product of meat it doesn't matter? I wouldn't like wear dead sheeps on my feet and have to pay a stupid amount to do it.

ReputationRep:
    first ones
    i have ones pretty much the same as the second ones from primark that cost £5 :P
    the first ones look less samey, more sophisticated, and just different. also look less cheap, and look like they'll get ruined less quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theteenagecurse)
    Just another post, if you get them from a site like javari or shudoo you could get a discount code... shudoo quite often have 20% discounts that you can find through sites such as moneysavingexpert...
    If you want to buy them from a shop, I'm not sure if they still do it, but a couple of months ago Aspecto did a loyalty card which gave you a discount of 15%. That's how my parents bought mine... they bought my mum's when they were on sale on javari because you get nectar points on there too...
    Didn't know if that was of any interest or necessity but it might save you some money!
    Ahh I'll check this out, thankyou very much!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes because if you'd eat it you should have no problem with wearing it, if it's dead it's dead. Also EIGHT sheep! You could kill eight rabbits and get enough skin for ugg boots!
    Also the type of sheep bred for things like UGGs are different to the regular breed. In Australia, the most commonly raised sheep are Merinos, specifically bred to have wrinkly skin, which means more wool per animal. This unnatural overload of wool causes many sheep to collapse and even die of heat exhaustion during hot months, and the wrinkles collect urine and moisture. Attracted to the moisture, flies lay eggs in the folds of skin, and the hatched maggots can eat the sheep alive.
    That cruelty is caused by demand for stuff like UGGS, not just for food. It's not exactly a 'by-product' of meat because they were bred specifically to make clothing...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who said it but there is NOTHING sophisticated about Uggs =/

ReputationRep:
    the classic short UGGs!

I have a pair in chocolate, and although they ARE ugly, they're really comfortable & warm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    Ahh I'll check this out, thankyou very much!!
    No problem There's a thread on money saving expert that has all the latest deals as well!

ReputationRep:
    "The sheep skins used in Ugg boots generally come off Australian sheep farms. All Australian sheep farms must abide by the standard set by the RSPCA and government in treating their animals. They are shorn once a year so that they don't carry excess wool. They are also crutched (the wool is removed from around their tails and faces so that they don't become fly blown and die) two or three times a year. They are drenched for worms three of four times a year. They are also treated for lice and ticks three for four times per year.

Australian sheep are some of the best cared for sheep in the world.

You may have read some of the adverse publicity that has been put about by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) that has damaged Australia's sheep industry and cost the wool industry Billions of dollars of business with some of Europe's leading fashion houses based on a lie. What you should know about is the reason for mulesing that PETA is protesting against. It is the removal of the flap of skin from only some sheep's tails. Not all farmers do it. It is carried out so that there will be no wrinkles in the sheeps skin - a genetic remenant from the sheep first introduced to Australia 200 years ago. "

tl;dr: don't just look at one side of an argument
    If that's all true fair enough, that's good. I would be glad if clothing industries that kill animals lost money (not if it was just wool though), cruel or 'not cruel'. But since sheep are being specifically raised for this it's not a by-product.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    Why are you eating shoes?
    OMG, literal LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

but yeah, 2nd pair, seem a bit off a ripoff though.
    Hey theyre cheaper if you buy them from the actual ugg shop...£150
    ...but unless you intend to buy online maybe a bit of a journey in shepherds bush west london?

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you all know... I decided to buy the first pair, I absolutely loved them, they look a lot nice on in real life, the picture doesn't really do them justice... All my friends really like them as well, thanks for all your help!!

ReputationRep:
    really nice sharing so keep on this .....

ReputationRep:
    i'd go for the second ones!
    although, have you seen the bailey button ones? my boyfriend got me them for christmas (yes, he thought he was very clever picking them because of the name haha!) in the chestnut colour also, they're really nice and just that little bit different from the original ones.

Bxxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.