I'll agree that more allowences are made if they are very god looking
    So something like this? :curious:

http://www.planet-familyguy.com/pfg/...acters/god.jpg

Hey man, whatever floats your boat

ReputationRep:

fapfapfapfapfap :sogood:

i can't have sex with her personality.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been in a situation like that, with a really hot girl (imo at least) who was an utter *****. Fact is the *****yness hit me gradually as we first hooked up while I was.. intoxicated. The thing is that while she is the hottest girl ive been with it just fell apart because we would argue sooo much, and while making up could be fun it often wasnt because I knew we would probs be arguing again soon. Mebbe if I had a lower tolerance for *****iness It could have worked but I dont. Oh and lol dont get me wrong I wasnt always in the right but when I was in the wrong she sure let me know.. and know.. and know.

/rant

ReputationRep:
    If she was a ***** I'd just end up treating her like **** and she'd more than likely leave me before I tired of tapping her.

LEAST I'M HONEST.

ReputationRep:
    Well, yes. The same can be said about anything in life: cars, phones, houses. If they look aesthetically pleasing- then you will automatically like them, regardless of whether they are practical.

So yes, looks help a man tolerate a woman, but only to a certain extent.

ReputationRep:
    Me personally think looks and personality go hand-in-hand, I can't put up with a girl who has looks but not a good personality. Whereas looks is the first thing that draws me to her, her looks will fade. But they're equally as important I guess.

A bit unfair putting up a pic of Angelina Jolie:mad: she has looks and personality. She's perfect

ReputationRep:
    A girl that hot could get away with a lot. I'd just ignore them when theyre moaning all the time, as long as theyre not cheating I would happily just keep shagging them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaty...it's gazza)
    A girl that hot could get away with a lot. I'd just ignore them when theyre moaning all the time, as long as theyre not cheating I would happily just keep shagging them
    What he said.
    As long as she doesn't cheat, she can be a horrible ***** and get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks matter more for a guy, I mean, quite a few guys would go out with someone who looked like Cheryl Cole or whatever even if she was slightly mentally retarded so they could tap dat ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    What he said.
    As long as she doesn't cheat, she can be a horrible ***** and get away with it.
    I agree to an extent, but after a certain point I would argue back, I would prolly not break uo with her but we would have a very rocky relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I hear some guys say (paraphrasing)
    "It's not just about the looks you know, the personality is equally, if not more important than the looks" "A girl with an ugly personality is a huge turn off" <-- Is this really so?
    Okay I'll elaborate.
    I feel that a lot of men could actually put up with a HOT girl's 'rotten apple' behaviour; men could be far more tolerant to a v.attractive woman's behaviour. Her looks could be the sole reason to why you're together.

Example? Okay this woman.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/images/cul...photos0812.jpg

If she doesn't tickle your fancy. Picture yourself dating the most attractive looking celebrity/girl in your eyes. Let's say she was a real *****/wet fish and you couldn't stand her, would the fact that you'll be tapping her every night be a good reason to stay with her?

I may just be talking out of my arse. I'm just curious.
    having sex with people you don't like is some of the funnest sex ive ever had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sereni)
    I agree to an extent, but after a certain point I would argue back, I would prolly not break uo with her but we would have a very rocky relationship.
    Could always get your own back by 'accidentally' slipping into the wrong hole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaty...it's gazza)
    Could always get your own back by 'accidentally' slipping into the wrong hole
    .... no, im not into that and would not enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sereni)
    .... no, im not into that and would not enjoy it
    was a joke, never mind

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who says they are attracted to personality is talking ****.

Personality traits become immediately more attractive when an attractive person holds them. Not even just personality traits, but pretty much anything becomes more acceptable when an attractive person does it.

Snoring for example. I guess if they were snoring really heavily it would still be annoying. But it's not even that I have a higher tolerance for attractive people, it's just that it's not unattractive when they snore.

But an ugly person. Not so much. Then it immediately conjures up an image of a pig and I am further grossed out by that person.

It's not fair. But anyone who says otherwise is probably lying. Synthesised happiness is genuine happiness and it shouldn't really be looked down on because it's not completely genuine.

ReputationRep:
    Looks help, sure, but if a woman has all the personality of a wet flannel and the charm of a used teabag then I'm not going to want to be in a relationship with her.

Common interests, sense of humour (essential) and a similar outlook on life are all far more important to me, and that's the honest truth. That said though, if I'm not physically attracted to someone then I'm not likely to take things any further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I hear some guys say (paraphrasing)
    "It's not just about the looks you know, the personality is equally, if not more important than the looks" "A girl with an ugly personality is a huge turn off" <-- Is this really so?
    Okay I'll elaborate.
    I feel that a lot of men could actually put up with a HOT girl's 'rotten apple' behaviour; men could be far more tolerant to a v.attractive woman's behaviour. Her looks could be the sole reason to why you're together.

Example? Okay this woman.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/images/cul...photos0812.jpg

If she doesn't tickle your fancy. Picture yourself dating the most attractive looking celebrity/girl in your eyes. Let's say she was a real *****/wet fish and you couldn't stand her, would the fact that you'll be tapping her every night be a good reason to stay with her?

I may just be talking out of my arse. I'm just curious.
    No, but I'd probably friends with benefits her. And if I really can't stand her, she'd have to go. Looks are great but if she's genuinely not a nice person then she doesn't deserve me.

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of guys will say this, but honestly, I usually tend to look at the personality first. I mean as long as a girl is reasonably good looking, it's their personality that matters. There are loads of hot girls at my school, but I would never in a million years go out with a lot of them, because they're the annoying, stupid, slutty types.

ReputationRep:
    It's known as the halo effect; we tend to find one good quality about a person and generalise it to other (often unrelated) personality traits. The converse is known as the devil effect. It's pretty well known and most psychologists will look at it as a fact of life, so you are right.

It happens all the time, why do you think people are so obsessed with the brands they wear? It's equally part of their identity, and wearing branded clothing will (in their eyes) portray them to be more successful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.