Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help? Which is better... Downe House or Cheltenham Ladies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.confused)
    Oh really??? That's great then! I get to slack off a bit next year (only if Pre-u Further Maths is of similar difficulty to HL Maths)... haa, just kidding.

I know! But my 'rents found out that I've been slacking big time this week, and they've gone absolutely gyeuhsiiiojyht... Not that I care.
    Wow... your parents seem to care a lot about education. :O Mine are a bit meh, they don't really understand what I have to do, requirements, syllabus, etc. Do your parents usually make you revise even if you don't have a test coming up? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caustica)
    Wow... your parents seem to care a lot about education. :O Mine are a bit meh, they don't really understand what I have to do, requirements, syllabus, etc. Do your parents usually make you revise even if you don't have a test coming up? :eek:
    Ahahaha, I guess my parents just expect a lot out of me... too much, actually. It's pretty bad sometimes, because I get really stressed, but I don't even notice it. Hmm, not usually. Lately though (esp. after getting the scholarship), they've started worrying that I'm not working hard enough and that I'm wasting too much of my time doing random, useless stuff (), so they've gone all strict, and basically evil on me...

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha, I guess my parents just expect a lot out of me... too much, actually. It's pretty bad sometimes, because I get really stressed, but I don't even notice it. Hmm, not usually. Lately though (esp. after getting the scholarship), they've started worrying that I'm not working hard enough and that I'm wasting too much of my time doing random, useless stuff (), so they've gone all strict, and basically evil on me...
    Ah, that must suck. They should instead congratulate you on your scholarship and trust that your ability to gain a scholarship in the first place means that you're perfectly fine academically!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caustica)
    Ah, that must suck. They should instead congratulate you on your scholarship and trust that your ability to gain a scholarship in the first place means that you're perfectly fine academically!
    Yea, I mean they were happy for me and everything... then they got all worried.
    Hopefully, I am strong enough academically, but even so, I'd probably need to work really hard to prove myself.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I mean they were happy for me and everything... then they got all worried.
    Hopefully, I am strong enough academically, but even so, I'd probably need to work really hard to prove myself.
    Ohhhh lol. Of course you're strong enough academically lol, you got a scholarship!

ReputationRep:
    im at down house in the LVI(yr 12) doing the pre-u course.
    I LOVE IT HERE!! i am also new
    come here

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know which of these two is better... Downe House or Cheltenham Ladies? (esp. their Sixth Form)

I know it's quite difficult to choose one over the other as they are probably quite different (both having pros and cons), but it would be great if anyone can list out the pros/cons of each school, or even just a few reasons on why one is 'better' than the other.

I will need to make my decision very soon (in a couple of days)... but I'm still quite confused. :confused:

So far, I have rejected Badminton (hopefully, that wasn't a bad decision), which leaves me with the both of them (DH and CLC). I have also been offered an academic scholarship to DH (if that changes anything?).

Thank you!

subjects I'm considering to study in Sixth Form... Further Maths., Econ, Physics/Chemistry (either one), or Politics (maybe?)
    Haha, I went to Badminton! Just out of interest why did you reject it? (i'm not going to go on some kind of rant about why you shouldn't have rejected it, i'm just curious!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yels)
    im at down house in the LVI(yr 12) doing the pre-u course.
    I LOVE IT HERE!! i am also new
    come here
    Ahh, no way! I didn't think anyone from DH would stumble upon this discussion.
    What is it like there? How is the pre-u curriculum?

ReputationRep:
    lol, well you did.
    Downe house is really nice. Its not as strict as you would think, there is maximum freedom but the teachers make sure you are involved every step of the way. Being new to the school you would expect for me to hate it, but i actually love it here!! i couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.
    the pre-u curriculum is very um intense. You have to be on ball with your work all the time, but apart from that its finee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yels)
    lol, well you did.
    Downe house is really nice. Its not as strict as you would think, there is maximum freedom but the teachers make sure you are involved every step of the way. Being new to the school you would expect for me to hate it, but i actually love it here!! i couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.
    the pre-u curriculum is very um intense. You have to be on ball with your work all the time, but apart from that its finee.
    It's a relief to here that starting out (quite 'late') at the school doesn't seem to be a problem.
    How many other new girls were there who entered the school at sixth form along with you? What are the girls there like?

Yea, I heard the pre-u curriculum is quite rigorous... I'm contemplating on whether it would be wise for me to choose more than 3 subjects...

Can't wait to come there in Sept. though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.