Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pretty awesome start to first year at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty amazing, taught me a lot. Got dumped by my boyfriend, and lost 4 people to cancer, suicide, alcoholism and a car crash. Had the stress of exams and the disappointment of getting a lot worse than I expected for results. Had my knee smashed up by my dog.

But, I got into university and met an amazing group of friends. Realised I can be a happy singleton, something I'm not really used to. Gained an amazing social life. Got through christmas with minimal arguments. Realised those friends I'm taking into 2011 are the ones who should be there. Given up on hopeless situations. Passed my first 2 assignments. Saw Nickelback gig. Took up running and had several races. Completed Great Manchester 10km.

Going into 2011 with a smile

ReputationRep:
    overall this year has been a really bad year for me. finished year 13, although I got the grades I wanted, I had no offers to go to uni so was forced to take a gap year. now that I am on a gap year I hate it. I hate working. I am bad at my job and am constantly reminded about this fact every day at work. I am reapplying to uni and keep thinking about how much I hate working and what if I am stuck in this job next year and don't get into uni. all my 'friends' have moved on in life and I have very few friends if any.

I hope 2011 goes better. If I get an offer for uni at least it will give me something to look forward to while I am stuck in my miserable job.

ReputationRep:
    Has up-and-downs but at least I still have a roof over my head and alive. Couldn't have been any worst

ReputationRep:
    Been a crap year, starting with 40% in an important exam and finishing with a prescription for prozac.

April 5th was a highlight, though. Opeth at the Royal Albert Hall; among the best 3 hours of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely horrific, cant wait for 2011 to move away and start again!

ReputationRep:
    FANTASTIC. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Up and down, mainly down.
    Given me a completely different outlook on life, though, and the worst is over. So 2011 can only get better

ReputationRep:
    OK I guess, nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    At the start it was going well, but in the end of this year it's been horrible. I can say I've never cried so much as much I have this year. It's all because the boy I loved for 2 years dumped me for another girl just because ours was a long distance relationship. What a jerk! Anyways, hopefully the new year will bring happiness and maybe a new love.

ReputationRep:
    a dull but beneficial learning curve

ReputationRep:
    jan-june= bleugh. 1st year of uni, detested it..but defs made me a more appreciative person

july-december= frikking aweessommmeee bring on 2011!!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing - got married, my nephew was born, got accepted onto a GTP course, got our first house, went to Australia and Thailand. Been so so so good. Hoping for a really great 2011 as well

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! One of the best.

ReputationRep:
    A bit ****. But it can only get better from here, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Very little interesting happened. Maybe something worth remembering will happen next year.

It's been great. A lot better than 2009.

Too fast though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by iheartmondays)
      Looking back this year how has it been?
      lol. see the thread called: **** end to a **** year. my opinions there.
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      The best :awesome: and worst :cry2: of my life so far.

I hope 2011 isn't as much effort

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rishz)
      At the start it was going well, but in the end of this year it's been horrible. I can say I've never cried so much as much I have this year. It's all because the boy I loved for 2 years dumped me for another girl just because ours was a long distance relationship. What a jerk! Anyways, hopefully the new year will bring happiness and maybe a new love.
      sorry to hear.. i've had love problems too this year. namely being able to tell her how i feel - it's a long story, never mind

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.