Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you ever worry that you won't meet someone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not really, but if I meet the right person of course I'll be very happy.

I don't see having a partner as a massive goal in my life. I want to succeed at my career and maybe adopt a few kids if I ever have a long term partner

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I used to think about that all the time! At one point, I wanted a bf soo bad that that's all I could think about lol! I'm nearly 18 & I've never had a bf before (unlike all my other friends!).

But I've stopped obsessing about wanting one now. I'll be going to Staffordshire Uni next Sept & what I think now is, if a guy comes into my life & we get together then fine, & if it doesn't happen right away then I'm actually ok with it! Don't get me wrong, I still want to eventually one day get married & have kids but for now, I'm just going to enjoy life & not seem desperate! I'm not going to look for a guy, I'm just going to wait until the right guy comes along, & likes me as much as I may like him! :P

It'll happen one day for you!, it does for nearly everyone!

Yeah, I worry about it a bit. Nineteen and never had a boyfriend - I've had offers, but never from someone I really liked. And I'm just too shy around guys I do like. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    I had her, but fell out of lve with her and we broke up recently

So I've had my shot and let her go, so yes I am now permanently worried about this because no one will ever match up to her.
    I know exactly what you mean man. I dumped my girlfriend this year in uni. . . . 5 months down the line I begin to realise I may have made a massive mistake

ReputationRep:
    I feel like if I don't meet someone at uni, I'll never meet anyone!
    Ah well, as Stu Pickles says; 'just go with le flow'...

Worry? No. Accept it? Yes.

Wow old topic...

But no I don't worry because I've already accepted it, not that I ever really made an effort to begin with.

ReputationRep:
        nah. I'm worried that I will meet someone.

ReputationRep:
        I'm going to be 21 this September and I've never even had a short term girlfriend, nevermind a long term girlfriend. So yes, I worry that I'll just end up being alone my entire life while all my friends go off and get married and have wonderful lives with women who love them. The thing that bothers me is that, even if I do get a girlfriend in the near future, I just won't know how to behave in that way? I don't know how to be that close to a girl or what it's like and as much as I want it, I think I'll just **** it up and make it awkward and then as I get older, the less accepting women will be of that awkwardness because they'll be put off by the lack of experience. Let's face it, as much as you can say "But she'll love you for who you are", people are going to be put off by someone who is say... 25 and never had a relationship, they'll want someone who can support them and love them and be confident about what they're doing...

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2011
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.