Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jessie J - why the big hype about her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Oh wow, sounds fun . So, are you a dance teacher, or a dance pupil?

I'm quite interested in dance myself, but I've always been quite bad at it . Last time I went to dance classes was in Primary School, and I think I was OK at it :lol:. Perhaps I should try going to classes again to improve? I've been watching these dance videos on Youtube lately, and they really inspire me :banana:
    Haha yess I lalalove dance and nah I go to dance class outside of college, ahaha, it was an assignment so I did Jessie J and had to learn the routine and added bits of choreography then teach it to the rest of the class lol :L and yeah I did dance when I was in primary school then at senior school they didn't do dance and I missed it wayy too much so decided to go to class! and yess deffs go to dance class, it's amazing and good for exercise as well aha

(Original post by MoanyLisa)
      I really like her voice.
      Is Bob Dylan high in your sig? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
      Is Bob Dylan high in your sig? :rofl:
      lol I think so. But I suppose they all were in the 60s. :lol:

ReputationRep:
      This is why there is such a hype...

You have to admit she has one hell of a voice.

ReputationRep:
      I'm not keen on that 'Do it Like A Dude' song at all, but I must say I've seen her on youtube and her voice is great. Not really my taste in music, but she does have talent - she can actually sing and rap well, which is rare for a woman.

ReputationRep:
      OP sounds like a ***** i know

ReputationRep:
      That acoustic version she did of Do It Like A Dude is sick. Much better than the original.

ReputationRep:
      She's a good songwriter who's written for many popular singers. She's also an amazing singer herself:

Do It Like a Dude is not the most amazing song, but I personally love it because it's so catchy and fun to sing and dance to.
      Both of these examples feature absolutely appaling second rate singing, and I mean very second rate indeed. As for being an "amazing singer" I would suggest with all respect that you must be tone deaf to think that. And what's with the fake accent she uses that sounds like a cross between Indian and fake American ganstah patois?
      This surely is a bad sign of our times, when people actually think this is in any way talented. Her singing is extremely out of tune almost all the time, plus her tone is diabolical.
      She's just an Essex chav who's been plucked off the street and hyped up by the music media. She is not a real bonefide talented musician.
      Look at Imelda May if you want to see real talent.
      And yes, all of Jesse's stuff sounds like it's autotuned. Live, she's just appaling.

Same goes for "Adele" - saw her on Graham Norton the other day, and when she opened her mouth to speak she proved that she as well is just a hyped up chav. The music was awful and her singing was awful. Bland wallpaper music sung very very badly. Hardly Ella Fitzgerald is it?

I suggest you lot get some real musical training then listen to these people again. Then you will realise exactly how diabolically bad they really are.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kpwxx)
      but it gets in your head, a lot
      So does the sound of a pneumatic drill. The fact that it "gets in your head" is not a sign of good music.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by laughylolly)

She has an extremely average voice.

ReputationRep:
      She's a good songwriter who's written for many popular singers. She's also an amazing singer herself:

Do It Like a Dude is not the most amazing song, but I personally love it because it's so catchy and fun to sing and dance to.
      Both of these examples feature absolutely appaling second rate singing, and I mean very second rate indeed. As for being an "amazing singer" I would suggest with all respect that you must be tone deaf to think that. And what's with the fake accent she uses that sounds like a cross between Indian and fake American ganstah patois?
      This surely is a bad sign of our times, when people actually think this is in any way talented. Her singing is extremely out of tune almost all the time, plus her tone is diabolical.
      She's just an Essex chav who's been plucked off the street and hyped up by the music media. She is not a real bonefide talented musician.
      Look at Imelda May if you want to see real talent.
      And yes, all of Jesse's stuff sounds like it's autotuned. Live, she's just appaling.

Same goes for "Adele" - saw her on Graham Norton the other day, and when she opened her mouth to speak she proved that she as well is just a hyped up chav. The music was awful and her singing was awful. Bland wallpaper music sung very very badly. Hardly Ella Fitzgerald is it?

I suggest you lot get some real musical training then listen to these people again. Then you will realise exactly how diabolically bad they really are.

ReputationRep:
      She is amazing meet her last year at Britains next Top Model live

ReputationRep:
      She's got a few decent songs, nothing particularly special though.

ReputationRep:
      hope nudes of her get leaked

then she can piss off

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mellie220)
      she can actually sing and rap well.
      Please tell me you're joking.

ReputationRep:
      don't judge her on that one song, she's not rebecca black.

listen to her other songs on youtube when she's just singing at home, you can hear how amazing her voice is there

ReputationRep:
      Because she can do it like the mandem. And thinks her fame is not all about the money, money, money.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by laughylolly)

>says we dont need ur money
      >makes vid packed with expensive special effects and features big shot music artist

okay.

ReputationRep:

The singing on this video is just awful.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by I-Heart-London)
      She is so nauseating ughhhh, she thinks she is so amazing, original and fashionable VOMIT.
      Yeah I agree - below average looks (does it really matter?) - average voice, below average songs.

Meanwhile all the really talented hard working musicians out there are struggling to get a gig at their local pub for 100 GBP a night.

People - stop supporting this utter mass produced plastic bilge, and go on youtube and the internet and find out about some talent. If you want to be "current" start with Imelda May. Every member of her band including herself are top notch musicians.

The good stuff will never make it to the top and be recognised because in general the public don't have any musical taste or talent to recognise it. Too busy drinking alcopops in the local meat market anbd being impressed with the completely over the top sparkly "production" on rubbish like Jesse J like magpies to shiny things.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.