Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else not interested in Harry Potter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'm not interested in it. I get annoyed by people saying I look like Harry Potter. It's one of the reasons I got contact lenses.
    But she LIKEs it when her boyfriend puts his thingy in my fairy cave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileygirlx)
    Oh my goodness! How can you not love Harry Potter?! Its got everything; magic, mystery and cute dwarf called Dobby!
    It's like saying 'i hate chocolate'!
    I hate girls who say it's like saying I hate chocolate. By the way, I have a crush on you. Hope you don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    Hate it, hate 'fantasy' crap that'll never happen in real life and hate their annoying accents in the films.
    I love girls who hate things that can never happen to them. You should trust me. You cannot trust my words. Understand?

ReputationRep:
    The fact is:
    Magic does not exist. This is the book's major flaw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    I hate girls who say it's like saying I hate chocolate. By the way, I have a crush on you. Hope you don't mind.
    I don't see the wild desire of chocolate any more, maybe I'm getting old but I find it sickly and dull in large doses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    I don't see the wild desire of chocolate any more, maybe I'm getting old but I find it sickly and dull in large doses.
    I love girls blind to the wildness of chocolate because they are aging. Don't trust me. I'm trustful person.

ReputationRep:
    I only know a few people who don't like it. I think most people who like it, love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    Hate it, hate 'fantasy' crap that'll never happen in real life and hate their annoying accents in the films.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but your avatar is a picture of a unicorn. Yet you hate fantasy :confused:

I liked the books, although I hated the ending. I cannot stand most of the actors, the exceptions being Alan Rickman and ... that's about it, actually.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter is amazing. The plot is very well thought out, and many people dismiss it for being a children's book and judge it without actually reading the content, it deals with many things that adults deal with, the themes progress after each book (e.g Sirius's death..EVERYBODY ELSE BLOODY DYING, love etc) I think many people don't like it these days because everybody else like sit and we can't like the same things as everyone else now can we? I mean, how mainstream and predictable do you have to be? -_-'

Anyway, the fanbase for harry potter is AMAZING, I cannot express how much I love the harry potter fanbase..

(Original post by BookWormShanti)
    :eek: Blasphemers!

Actually, one of my best friends hasn't read the book nor sees the appeal. Unfortunately for her, the rest of us are crazy and she has been taken to every single film by us as a party

I'm sick of christmas and this waiting around
    it's like I'm sitting in the lost and found
    don't take no sorcery
    for anyone to see how...

I gotta get back to hogwarts
    I gotta get back to school
    I gotta get back to hogwarts
    where everybody thinks I'm cool

back to wizards and witches, and magical beasts
    to goblins and ghosts and to magical feasts
    it's all that I love, and it's all that I need at
    HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS

Oh my god, A VERY POTTER MUSICAL +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pensivedore)
    Harry Potter is amazing. The plot is very well thought out, and many people dismiss it for being a children's book and judge it without actually reading the content, it deals with many things that adults deal with, the themes progress after each book (e.g Sirius's death..EVERYBODY ELSE BLOODY DYING, love etc) I think many people don't like it these days because everybody else like sit and we can't like the same things as everyone else now can we? I mean, how mainstream and predictable do you have to be? -_-'

Anyway, the fanbase for harry potter is AMAZING, I cannot express how much I love the harry potter fanbase..

WOW. Are you a real life AVPM fan? You're the first I have found on here! And yep, I just love the fanbase too, they are SO awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    WOW. Are you a real life AVPM fan? You're the first I have found on here! And yep, I just love the fanbase too, they are SO awesome!
    Yep, I have all the songs on my I-pod and the ones from AVPS too, although AVPM is probably the better one. I can't believe I have just found a AVPM fan..on TSbloodyR!:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I never got it either.

ReputationRep:
    I never understood the hype about it either.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I have all the songs on my I-pod and the ones from AVPS too, although AVPM is probably the better one. I can't believe I have just found a AVPM fan..on TSbloodyR!:hugs:
    pmed you so we stop spamming the thread!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind HP.

I really hate dobby though. He was a complete **** in the chamber of secrets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but your avatar is a picture of a unicorn. Yet you hate fantasy :confused:

I liked the books, although I hated the ending. I cannot stand most of the actors, the exceptions being Alan Rickman and ... that's about it, actually.
    It's cute I am shallow.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you make a thread about something you're not interested in?

BRB, making threads to express my lack of interest in Golf and 17th century textiles.

ReputationRep:

Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against people who like Harry Potter. It's just i have read one of the books twice (the third i think) and i have read the first (chamber of secrets?) I just am not captivated by the world of Harry Potter. I realize the fan base for it is ridiculous in size, i mean there is even a Harry Potter world at Disney land right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anfieldred07)
    Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against people who like Harry Potter. It's just i have read one of the books twice (the third i think) and i have read the first (chamber of secrets?) I just am not captivated by the world of Harry Potter. I realize the fan base for it is ridiculous in size, i mean there is even a Harry Potter world at Disney land right?
    The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I will go there some day, hopefully :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    Why would you make a thread about something you're not interested in?

BRB, making threads to express my lack of interest in Golf and 17th century textiles.
    I was curious to the proportion of people on TSR (and were willing to reply to the thread) who don't like HP compared to those that do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.