Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

manchester is the dullest city ever.............. Watch

ReputationRep:
    But it has two Selfridges! Two!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Oh, OK. Levenshulme then?
    Gorton's pretty darn rough to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, OK. Levenshulme then?
    Nah, I'd probably say Longsight or maybe some places in North-East or East like Clayton, Bradford, Miles Platting, Collyhurst etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufo_01)
    I heard Sale was a really nice area
    If by nice you mean (lower) middle class tory voters, no crime, then yes but it's rather dull, and a bit of a trek to anywhere that's worth going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    I like how you slipped your nondescript home area in there, along with two other whimsical areas.
    I didn't - I am originally from Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    My BF lives there, I'd say that although not a terribly exciting part of Manchester, it is still pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    Sale is pretty nice. I used to live there for a bit. It is quite a mixed area socially with some upmarket parts and two large estates (The Racecourse and the Sale West). The Racecourse used to have a bad rep back in the day but it is pretty average these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katsumi)
    vidic once said the best thing abt it are the trains which leave for less rainy places.
    Yes, and this is news how?
    Thats part of manchesters image. Gray, wet, industrial...

And I say that with a strange sense of pride as I am a Mancunian.
    We're a boring, complaining hard to understand lot.
    But mancs are not theiving thugs... (your thinking of salford bahahaha)

And whats with all this nonsense about mossside being super duper rough? Its honestly not that bad on the whole!
    I bet 100% of you who say you will die there have never even been through it.
    Not compared to some parts of the all mighty **** hole called Blackley. What a ****ing dump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothestrand)
    But it has two Selfridges! Two!
    This. It has two selfridges.

Although the Trafford Centre Selfridges is far superior to the one in the city centre.

London and Birmingham have one selfridges. Rest of the UK don't.

Says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Gorton's pretty darn rough to be honest.
    Ooh, just looked it up on Google Images. Is that a refugee camp or something? :lolwut:

(Original post by Jake22)
    Nah, I'd probably say Longsight or maybe some places in North-East or East like Clayton, Bradford, Miles Platting, Collyhurst etc.
    I'd agree with Bradford. I went to the City Of Manchester stadium when the Commonwealth Games were on and it was like being transported into inner-city Beirut. What about Kersal? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    awh no I love Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    In Manchester, an acquaintance of mine once posted a picture taken inside a Clintons Cards store, and under 'Mum' was actually spelt 'Mam'...make of that what you will; I know my opinion.
    Mam??? My friend is not of mancunian dialect...more Jordy than anything. Silly boy. Just say it in a mancunian accent...it doesn't sound right...Newcastle on the other hand...bing.

ReputationRep:
    I have been in Manchester for 4 years during undergrad degree and I thought it was pretty boring...........I am out of Manchester now but I think its nice to go Manchester for a short time rather than staying there for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Afleck's palace ftw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I will hunt you down and PUNCH YOUR CROTCH. I take people insulting Manchestah my homeland on the internets VERY SERIOUSLY!
    Lol

Op you've clearly not been to Manchester :rolleyes:

Ever heard of East Glasgow, South London, Nottingham?

Because Manchester is about 1000% safer than these places.
    Exactly what i was thinking :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, just looked it up on Google Images. Is that a refugee camp or something? :lolwut:

I'd agree with Bradford. I went to the City Of Manchester stadium when the Commonwealth Games were on and it was like being transported into inner-city Beirut. What about Kersal? :holmes:

Bordering on refugee camp I'd say, although local Gortoners probably aren't as well nourished, lols.

I sound like those two blokes from that video. My beautiful Manc accent. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't - I am originally from Manchester.
    i guess you've never to Little Elmswick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Mam??? My friend is not of mancunian dialect...more Jordy than anything. Silly boy. Just say it in a mancunian accent...it doesn't sound right...Newcastle on the other hand...bing.
    This is correct. The mancunian accent has a depper more drawn out u. So its really m (u said in a depressing, downward tone) m

ReputationRep:
    What about Kersal? :holmes:

I know that area pretty well as I have some family nearby. It is fairly average I guess, not so bad. That video was hilarious, your boys there reckon they are in South Central LA or something. Well, there are scrotes in every area.

Saying that, there is a lot of car theft round there. Some guys from there kept taxing my grandads car a few years ago - we found it on the same estate a number of times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    What?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.