Is 2011 going to be a good year for music Watch

Laurie57
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pleased to see that so many people here are into James Blake.

I predict another great year in electronic music and another embarrassing year in pop music. Watch out for the output from Hotflush recordings and Hospital records. New albums should be coming from the likes of Sepalcure, London Elektricity and Nu:Tone. I already know that the new Chase & Status album will be a smasher like their debut, too.

I'm really hoping Joy Orbison will release an album this year. Burial hasn't released one for a while, either.
metalthrashin'mad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anaal Nathrakh and The Gathering are making new albums.

If no other bands release anything thats any good at least those two should tide me over for a LONG time, I must have listened to the last Nathrakh album a hundred times, and I am mega interested in seeing what direction The Gathering will go in next, and whether they will do anything metal again
Panda Bear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by in_the_flowers)
New Animal Collective and Panda Bear releases are definitely going to make 2011 for me. Even if AC don't release a new album, they'll be touring with new material which is still pretty damn good!

I think Gaga's also set for a new album, I'm not that big of a fan anymore but she always has some great tunes on offer - The Fame Monster was great so I bet this will be even better.

New Adele album and probabl a new Fleet Foxes record to look forward to

It should be alright!
Awesome! Another Animal Collective related username. I doubt they'll release an album this year also, but they'll be some new songs played live at least.

And yes, Fleet Foxes definitely have a new album coming out this year. Robin's more or less conformed that.
username533239
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Example. New Album. WOOP
eLECTROLOSIS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Looking forward to hearing 'The Vaccines' debut... really like the singles.
fever skin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Last Night on Earth - Noah and the Whale could make or break it for me.

sjholland87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
With what I have heard is coming out (and a few tasty rumours from reliable sources) then it should the a good year for music:

Bloc Party, White Stripes, Foo Fighters, Daft Punk, Queens of the Stone Age, Manic Street Preachers, Los Campesinos all have albums due out in the year (with the exception of daft Punk and Bloc Party who may be pushged back to 2012)
Rossical
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i think it's gonna be a big year for Rihanna..already 2 number 1's!
HumanNature1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Based on what?

Anyways for hip hop it should be good, Kanye releasing another album this year with Jay-Z and J.Cole's much anticipated album is gonna drop and cause a frenzy soon. Also Wiz Kalifah should have a really good year. Cant speak for other Genres though.
CrazyBeautiful
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by placebo24)
Radiohead will make it god damn awesome, I hope.
This. Though I'm guessing it will be the only new album I actually like this year. Still, this alone is god damn awesome

It better be released soon
69Crazyfists
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For me it's going to be awesome.

The Human Abstract, Protest The Hero, Sylosis, Anterior, Mercenary, EkoTren, Disarmonia Mundi, Jeff Loomis, Machine Head, Anthrax, Becoming The Archetype, Winds Of Plague, Times Of Grace and Circus Maximus are all releasing new material.

Yep it's going to be a good'n.
Swell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Decent music isn't in short supply, it's just not played on the typical radio stations anymore, as the brain dead morons call for Rihanna and Taio Cruz.

NME despite some of their faults have brilliant reviews on new and up and coming bands, have a look on there.

However 2011 is bringing a:

New Strokes album
New Arctic Monkeys album
Maybe a new Libertines album or tour
New Foo Fighters
New Limp Bizkit
New RHCP
Pete Doherty tour

So far its looking areet.
catmandoo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Of course some kesha we r who we r lady gaga new album wooohooooo cnt wait it will ba gd year
AlexInWonderland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm looking forward to the Beady Eye album. Some of the material so far seems pretty good, so hopefully the album will be decent.

More importantly, I'm hoping for news on whatever it is Noel will be getting up to.

Also, I am looking to expand my musical tastes slightly, to less well known music. Whilst that isn't particularly important in terms of releases this year, I hope to find some good music, which will make it good for this year.
NobSon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Definitely not; Bieber is still alive.
Magical Moogles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It is speculated that Kate Bush will release some new material this year. Any news about Kate Bush, gets me really excited!

Also Bjork will be releasing a new album this year! It's going to be a lot different from her previous albums, but Bjork has always been experimenting, so this doesn't surprise me.

But still...Kate Bush! :blush: It would be amazing if it's a new album. Aerial was fantastic and shows she still has it.
leycrjb
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NobSon)
Definitely not; Bieber is still alive.
Why does him being around have anything to do with how much you appreciate other artists?

I don't like him so I don't listen to him. It's pretty simple really. Justin Bieber doesn't effect how good a year this will be for me in terms of music.
Laurie57
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Forgot to mention: Beardyman said a little while back on Twitter that he's finished his album. I've got high hopes!
Sphipsta
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Simply can't wait for the arctic monkeys new album, proffessor green tour and limp bizkit has to be up there. The makings of a good year for music
geztival
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nah I reckon "music" will continue to whip its hair back and forth whilst doing it like a dude to the sound of Britney trying to do dubstep tbh

...not that I'm a chart hater or anything :P I'm loving The Vaccines at the moment and I'm really looking forward to Foo Fighters new album. It could be a good year I reckon...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (11)
22%
No (39)
78%

Watched Threads