Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 2011 going to be a good year for music Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pleased to see that so many people here are into James Blake.

I predict another great year in electronic music and another embarrassing year in pop music. Watch out for the output from Hotflush recordings and Hospital records. New albums should be coming from the likes of Sepalcure, London Elektricity and Nu:Tone. I already know that the new Chase & Status album will be a smasher like their debut, too.

I'm really hoping Joy Orbison will release an album this year. Burial hasn't released one for a while, either.

ReputationRep:
    Anaal Nathrakh and The Gathering are making new albums.

If no other bands release anything thats any good at least those two should tide me over for a LONG time, I must have listened to the last Nathrakh album a hundred times, and I am mega interested in seeing what direction The Gathering will go in next, and whether they will do anything metal again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_the_flowers)
    New Animal Collective and Panda Bear releases are definitely going to make 2011 for me. Even if AC don't release a new album, they'll be touring with new material which is still pretty damn good!

I think Gaga's also set for a new album, I'm not that big of a fan anymore but she always has some great tunes on offer - The Fame Monster was great so I bet this will be even better.

New Adele album and probabl a new Fleet Foxes record to look forward to

It should be alright!
    Awesome! Another Animal Collective related username. I doubt they'll release an album this year also, but they'll be some new songs played live at least.

And yes, Fleet Foxes definitely have a new album coming out this year. Robin's more or less conformed that.

ReputationRep:
    Example. New Album. WOOP

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to hearing 'The Vaccines' debut... really like the singles.

ReputationRep:
    Last Night on Earth - Noah and the Whale could make or break it for me.

ReputationRep:
    With what I have heard is coming out (and a few tasty rumours from reliable sources) then it should the a good year for music:

Bloc Party, White Stripes, Foo Fighters, Daft Punk, Queens of the Stone Age, Manic Street Preachers, Los Campesinos all have albums due out in the year (with the exception of daft Punk and Bloc Party who may be pushged back to 2012)

ReputationRep:
    i think it's gonna be a big year for Rihanna..already 2 number 1's!

ReputationRep:
    Based on what?

Anyways for hip hop it should be good, Kanye releasing another album this year with Jay-Z and J.Cole's much anticipated album is gonna drop and cause a frenzy soon. Also Wiz Kalifah should have a really good year. Cant speak for other Genres though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placebo24)
    Radiohead will make it god damn awesome, I hope.
    This. Though I'm guessing it will be the only new album I actually like this year. Still, this alone is god damn awesome

It better be released soon

ReputationRep:
    For me it's going to be awesome.

The Human Abstract, Protest The Hero, Sylosis, Anterior, Mercenary, EkoTren, Disarmonia Mundi, Jeff Loomis, Machine Head, Anthrax, Becoming The Archetype, Winds Of Plague, Times Of Grace and Circus Maximus are all releasing new material.

Yep it's going to be a good'n.

ReputationRep:
    Decent music isn't in short supply, it's just not played on the typical radio stations anymore, as the brain dead morons call for Rihanna and Taio Cruz.

NME despite some of their faults have brilliant reviews on new and up and coming bands, have a look on there.

However 2011 is bringing a:

New Strokes album
    New Arctic Monkeys album
    Maybe a new Libertines album or tour
    New Foo Fighters
    New Limp Bizkit
    New RHCP
    Pete Doherty tour

So far its looking areet.

ReputationRep:
    Of course some kesha we r who we r lady gaga new album wooohooooo cnt wait it will ba gd year

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to the Beady Eye album. Some of the material so far seems pretty good, so hopefully the album will be decent.

More importantly, I'm hoping for news on whatever it is Noel will be getting up to.

Also, I am looking to expand my musical tastes slightly, to less well known music. Whilst that isn't particularly important in terms of releases this year, I hope to find some good music, which will make it good for this year.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not; Bieber is still alive.

ReputationRep:
    It is speculated that Kate Bush will release some new material this year. Any news about Kate Bush, gets me really excited!

Also Bjork will be releasing a new album this year! It's going to be a lot different from her previous albums, but Bjork has always been experimenting, so this doesn't surprise me.

But still...Kate Bush! :blush: It would be amazing if it's a new album. Aerial was fantastic and shows she still has it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NobSon)
    Definitely not; Bieber is still alive.
    Why does him being around have anything to do with how much you appreciate other artists?

I don't like him so I don't listen to him. It's pretty simple really. Justin Bieber doesn't effect how good a year this will be for me in terms of music.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention: Beardyman said a little while back on Twitter that he's finished his album. I've got high hopes!

ReputationRep:
    Simply can't wait for the arctic monkeys new album, proffessor green tour and limp bizkit has to be up there. The makings of a good year for music

ReputationRep:
    Nah I reckon "music" will continue to whip its hair back and forth whilst doing it like a dude to the sound of Britney trying to do dubstep tbh

...not that I'm a chart hater or anything :P I'm loving The Vaccines at the moment and I'm really looking forward to Foo Fighters new album. It could be a good year I reckon...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.