Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Mine's ceil blue :proud:. Matches ma eyez :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Mine's black. Matches my soul.

ReputationRep:
    Mines bent out of shape, just like my... nose.

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Bah I loath neuroscience. Does anyone know an easy way to learn it?

also I am depressed at how prolific I am on TSR. In fact online in general. :sigh:
    I've always believed one learns best by doing :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Drama queen

I shouldn't be up at this hour. I am old I can't take it. I haven't even been drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    So's mine - but my soul is pearly white sir.
    I shall be a saving angel for my patients.
    Not punters :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    I wish I could just say X to go. I have pretty much everything bar neuro to go over once more.

By the way, are you intercalating next year? I'm in the process of applying to King's.

Well I'll be going all of it again, just how far I've got first time round if that makes sense.

I doubt it really, not sure I want to intercalate at all; but that could all change I guess. What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syncope)
    From my (admittedly fuzzy) recollection, the epidemiology paper was reasonably straightforward. What scenarios do you have for the midsessional?
    I gather as much, which is why I've left it until the last few days really.

We've got the upper limb (down to the flexors/extensors of the forearm), the gloriously disorganised Diabetes one, Breast Canceer and the equally disorganised Fertility one.

ReputationRep:
    I got the fob watch for christmas that comes with removable silicone cases of which there are 9 different colours including a purple one that matches my steth perfectly. I was super excited I could be matching. (Some of our lot failed competencies because they were still wearing a watch. I have no excuses now.)

And.... not on the list I joined the group an' everythin'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Well I'll be going all of it again, just how far I've got first time round if that makes sense.

I doubt it really, not sure I want to intercalate at all; but that could all change I guess. What are you applying for?
    At the moment I'm gearing towards Physiology - but I may change my mind at the last minute and apply for Human Nutrition / Anatomy & Human Sciences. I am so indecisive. I really want to do it before T-year though! :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    I got the fob watch for christmas that comes with removable silicone cases of which there are 9 different colours including a purple one that matches my steth perfectly. I was super excited I could be matching. (Some of our lot failed competencies because they were still wearing a watch. I have no excuses now.)

And.... not on the list I joined the group an' everythin'!
    Added you

And what watches are these? They sound good

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm gearing towards Physiology - but I may change my mind at the last minute and apply for Human Nutrition / Anatomy & Human Sciences. I am so indecisive. I really want to do it before T-year though! :p:
    Physiology will work you very hard from what I'm told, but I expect you're more likely to get a more interesting project than for the anatomy/human sciences one.

If I were to do one (as I said - unlikely), I'd be doing Radiological Sciences, Anatomy/Human Sciences, or possibly Philosophy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Added you

And what watches are these? They sound good
    Thank you!!
    This watch (the insert link button won't work, so excuse the huge n00b like hyperlink):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003100DB...SIN=B003100DBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    Nurse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Same, but mine not only matches my soul, but my clothes and music.

Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Physiology will work you very hard from what I'm told, but I expect you're more likely to get a more interesting project than for the anatomy/human sciences one.

If I were to do one (as I said - unlikely), I'd be doing Radiological Sciences, Anatomy/Human Sciences, or possibly Philosophy
    Yeah the research project in Physiology is what really appeals to me the most. Having said that, I know a guy who said it was the worst year of his life. He came out with a first but still hated every second of it. I'm not quite sure why I like making my life unnecessarily difficult!

Can anyone at King's intercalate or do they have a quota on who can apply internally? I know at George's they base it on bandings / quartile rankings with some formula.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Nurse!

But the colours are so pretty!!

I also got a fancy one from my parents with the heart rates around the outside so I don't have to do any complicated maths like multiplying by 2 when taking HR.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the research project in Physiology is what really appeals to me the most. Having said that, I know a guy who said it was the worst year of his life. He came out with a first but still hated every second of it. I'm not quite sure why I like making my life unnecessarily difficult!

Can anyone at King's intercalate or do they have a quota on who can apply internally? I know at George's they base it on bandings / quartile rankings with some formula.
    Which is why I'm avoiding it, I have no drive to do it, so will inevitably hate it!

AFAIK, everyone who has passed all exams on first attempt can do it, but all can apply anyway. Whether you get your choice is based on centile rankings and SSC performance.

ReputationRep:
    Human Nutrition
    I really hope you were ********d on mulled wine when you wrote that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    I really hope you were ********d on mulled wine when you wrote that
    Hey, it's not that bad. I could have said Psychology! :dunce:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.