Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Daily Telegraph: Muslim population has grown from 1.65m to 2.87m in a decade Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMaGic)
    Your an idiot.
    Im proud of my religion growing.
    ok we'll just turn your country of ethnic origin into a white, christian/atheist, alcholic state shall we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macroscopic)
    No, my point is there's nothing wrong with the Muslim population growing, respecting people's beliefs etc.
    There's nothing immediately wrong with it growing, but the long term problems are that Muslims tend to hold very conservative views on social issues and in particular, homosexuality. The UK has become an incredibly tolerant country socially over the past decade, but an increase in Islamic beliefs will inevitably lead to more homophobia, and quite possibly more violence.

It wouldn't be so bad if British Muslims were more adjusted to our culture, like they are on the continent (German and French muslims were significantly more liberal on homosexuality, abortion and divorce when compared to British muslims), but the trouble is that they're not, and when the muslim population grows at such a high rate, that does pose a problem.

There's nothing wrong with having more muslims, but there is something wrong with the consequences it may have if they don't adjust to our culture.

ReputationRep:
    "Ohh if only diana were here!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    ok we'll just turn your country of ethnic origin into a white, christian/atheist, alcholic state shall we?
    Britain is my country.
    Born and bred here. Fool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMaGic)
    Britain is my country.
    Born and bred here. Fool
    i said country of ethnic origin, i.e. where your ancestors come from. somehwhere in asia or africa i assume

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    There's nothing immediately wrong with it growing, but the long term problems are that Muslims tend to hold ve conservative views on social issues and in particular, homosexuality. The UK has become an incredibly tolerant country socially over the past decade, but an increase in Islamic beliefs will inevitably lead to more homophobia, and quite possibly more violence.

It wouldn't be so bad if British Muslims were more adjusted to our culture, like they are on the continent (German and French muslims were significantly more liberal on homosexuality, abortion and divorce when compared to British muslims), but the trouble is that they're not, and when the muslim population grows at such a high rate, that does pose a problem.

There's nothing wrong with having more muslims, but there is something wrong with the consequences it may have if they don't adjust to our culture.
    How is homosexuality ascertained in Islam?

ReputationRep:
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...n/#dsq-content

the article discusses what will happen to british women and homosexuals in the future.

what do you think?

also http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/t...amisation.html if youre interested
    Quite saddened by this article. I have read the Daily Telegraph at times (more of a The Times person, myself), this article certainly surprises me.

Muslims only make up less than 2%. Even then, what is the problem? Why should we care whether a person is Jewish, Christian, Muslim or even a whale worshipper? It is about who they are as a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    Quite saddened by this article. I have read the Daily Telegraph at times (more of a The Times person, myself), this article certainly surprises me.

Muslims only make up less than 2%. Even then, what is the problem? Why should we care whether a person is Jewish, Christian, Muslim or even a whale worshipper? It is about who they are as a person.
    you obviously didnt read it properly then, it wasnt about islam as a religion, it was about the adherance to islam in british muslims.

and only make up less than 2%? firstly 3.2% 10 years ago, secondly this isnt about size, this is about the alarming rate of GROWTH of that percent. you shouldnt have trouble understanding the difference mate

now they make up 5.1% of our population, 2% every 10 years? thats worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    So has the population of every other group in Britain as, you know, Britain's population in general has increased in the last decade.
    LOL the guy in your sig is a professional troll. Hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    well im sorry if we are doing it like rabbits lol. if the native brits want to grow rapidly aswell just make love to every other person in the street without contraception lol then maybe youre numbers will grow better than the muslims lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    There's nothing immediately wrong with it growing, but the long term problems are that Muslims tend to hold very conservative views on social issues and in particular, homosexuality. The UK has become an incredibly tolerant country socially over the past decade, but an increase in Islamic beliefs will inevitably lead to more homophobia, and quite possibly more violence.

Yes, I see your point, however, Islam is against violence. I, myself am a Muslim but I have many homosexual friends, I would err judge them on their sexuality, in fact I have a Muslim friend who is bisexual. I can see your point but homosexuality is not just a problem some Muslims may have, many non-Muslims have caused violence against homosexuals, it's a problem some people have universally, regardless of their religion. Islam also accepts divorce, it may be against abortion generally but so are other religions, in some circumstances abortion is actually accepted, no Muslim I know would ever judge anyone, or cause violence against other because of their views.

ReputationRep:
    you obviously didnt read it properly then, it wasnt about islam as a religion, it was about the adherance to islam in british muslims.

and only make up less than 2%? firstly 3.2% 10 years ago, secondly this isnt about size, this is about the alarming rate of GROWTH of that percent. you shouldnt have trouble understanding the difference mate

I agree there is a few nutters who do not follow Islam and preach their own twisted hatred.

Don't generalise.

So a few Muslims are having babies like other people. The population of the UK is growing.

I am sure Muslims only make up 2%. How did 5.1% come about?

Why is the growth alarming?

Like I say, I don't care who is muslim, christian or jewish or a whale worshipper? Who cares what religion a person follows?

ReputationRep:
    Why everyone so liberal on TSR?? THey muslims need to get out of this country. there is way too many!

Sometimes it feels like im walking around india. Go back to your curry houses. and take those Pakis and Blacks with you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcspike)
    Why everyone so liberal on TSR?? THey muslims need to get out of this country. there is way too many!

Sometimes it feels like im walking around india. Go back to your curry houses. and take those Pakis and Blacks with you too
    you ignorant prick

my dad got hired by a company here to work so he was called here and he still works for that company.

if all, pakis, indians and blacks went back youd be without skilled hard working people lets n ot forget mostof your doctors in hospitals are foreign polish,pakistani,indian,african and arab.

and as for curry isn't that like the second favbpurite food of britain after fish and chips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    Yet another thread which has descended into Muslims arguing against everyone else.
    Stop chatting out your arse. Most people in this thread are either indifferent or bickering with jamesman13.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...n/#dsq-content

the article discusses what will happen to british women and homosexuals in the future.

what do you think?

also http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/t...amisation.html if youre interested
    If the point of this thread is to point out the dramatic increase in population, then let me say that Muslims are not allowed to use contraception so each time they have sex: they have a baby. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    Yet another thread which has descended into Muslims arguing against everyone else.
    If people belittle us and start threads that are offensive what can you expect? We are humans too! I don't agree with all the hatin'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempa)
    If the point of this thread is to point out the dramatic increase population, then let me say that Muslims are not allowed to use contraception so each they have sex: they have a baby. Simple.
    Contraception is allowed in Islam

ReputationRep:

whats wrong with it grwoing, it's not only growing in britain but all over the world with up to 1.5 billion muslims, mostly converting from christianity and judaism

telegraph which is government run propoganda to instigate hatred and tension between communities.

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought a lot of Muslims being socially conservative would be natural supporters of the Telegraph and the Tories. But they seem to be at odds with them but they both support things like against gays, pro marriage, family values and religious observance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.