Calling all girls, best mascara/recommendations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    maybelline colossal (the yellow tube)

all maybelline mascaras are good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nad313)
    Rimmel sexy curves mascara is brill

separates and curls each lash
    I like this one too. It seems to separate my lashes better, make them longer and stand out more.

I've tried the Maybelline Colossal volum express one, and it doesn't seem to do much too my eyelashes. The brush is way too big too, that it ends up messy and/or poking myself in the eye with it. Although that may be slightly to do with the fact that i don't have very many eyelashes. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Aldi mascara is actually amazing. No joke. No clumps massive lashes. Virgin Vie stuff is always great!
    I didn't know Aldi had a make up range.

I've tried the Virgin Vie one, I can't say I was impressed much. It's the one that had the lengthening white brush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerimon18)
    Yves Saint Laurent False Cils mascara is gorgeous
    I ditto this.
    It also doesn't make your lashes feel like plastic and hard like a lot of cheaper brands - like Maybelline and Rimmel do.

ReputationRep:
    Urban Decay - Big Fatty :love:
    Clinique - High Impact Curling Mascara
    Best evaaa.

ReputationRep:
    Maxfactor false lash effect

ReputationRep:
    Lancôme Hypnôse stole it from my mom, it works wonders

ReputationRep:
    Chanel Inimitable Intense :daydreaming:

Urban Decay Sky Scraper Multi Benefit Mascara is a close second, followed by Lancome Hypnose Drama.

ReputationRep:
    Max Factor Masterpiece Max :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I didn't know Aldi had a make up range.

I've tried the Virgin Vie one, I can't say I was impressed much. It's the one that had the lengthening white brush.
    They sometimes do!! The foundation is good too. Honestly, not just because it's cheap.

Ewww no I always hate them white brushes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    I've been using the Dior Diorshow Mascara for years, and I'm so pleased with it. I usually get it in tax-frees at airports, but if I run out before travelling, I go to proper make-up shops. I LOVE the brush, it is nice and big, and it gives me more of a volumous effect at the roots, instead of just long, black lashes, if you get me..
    Do you think its worth the money? andd does it make your eyelashes look really full/big?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    Do you think its worth the money? andd does it make your eyelashes look really full/big?!
    I'd rather spend a little extra for something I like rather than spend any money at all on something I don't like. One lasts me about a year though, I rarely buy a new mascara.

I just tried them both again, the "Maybelline Colossal" seperates the eyelashes badly and doesn't give that "full" look, while the Dior one isn't as runny, and therefore gives a fuller look. I'd say it gives more volume than Maybelline.

Try it once, it's definitely worth the money (and it isn't too expensive)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's much point buying expensive mascaras because you have to change them so often.

I like:

Revlon Double Twist
    L'Oreal Millionize - this by far my favourite
    Maybelline The Collosal (sp)
    Rimmel Lash Extender

ReputationRep:
    I use the basic Maybelline pink/green one. I've tried loads of expensive mascaras, and this is by far the best and the cheapest. I've never had an issue with clumping with it--and since I'm naturally blonde but dyed my hair dark, I wear tons of mascara.

The most important thing is to replace your mascara frequently--otherwise it dries out and starts to clump (and can give you infections.)

ReputationRep:
    Maybelline Collossal
    Max Factor False Lash & Lash Extension
    Diorshow

I usually combine using Max Factor for length and Maybelline for intense colour and volume!

ReputationRep:
    This one is the best ive tried from Estee Lauder:

But i also love l'oreal voluminous carbon black mascara :

ReputationRep:
    Loveeeee Diorshow, really good for volume and length. The mazzy makes your lashes look noticable fuller, longer and separated, lotsa va va va voom . Little pricey but totally worth it :heart:

ReputationRep:
    I used to use one from Avon that was brill! Sadly, they discontinued it I also used a double ended rich and length one, I can't remember the name, it's probably still with the rest of my make-up somewhere as I don't remember throwing it out - one end was white and thickened them and the other was your normal mascara, it was amazing!

Next best thing i've used was the Maybelline collosal that everyone else is talking about. I've also found that when moisturising if you get a TINY amount and just apply it from the roots of your lashes up it makes the mascara go on better, whether that's just me or what, or I use a really cheap clear mascara as a base before hand.

Not tried the falsies yet, one of my friends told me not to get it as when she tried it her eyes stuck together! So, I don't know whether to or not.

ReputationRep:
    I just bought Rimmel Lash Accelerator and its pretty good. On sale at Boots and ASDA.

ReputationRep:
    Maxfactor <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.