The Student Room Group

PLEASE TELL ME im not the only one who CANT REVISE?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IrishPerson
my 1st two tests are on the 10th AND I LITERALLY CANT STUDY!
I HAVE NO CONCENTRATION IM STARTING TO REALLY WORRYYYYYYYYYY

you have plenty of time.

BUT YOU HAVE TO START SOON. GET OFF OF TSR (ok you already are as Im writing this :colondollar:) BUT I MEAN IN GENERAL.

AND OWN THAT **** :h:
Reply 41
Original post by Jade2009
You're not the only one who can't revise. I always seem to find an excuse for avoiding it - lately it has been watching movies that are on the TV. Then in the night when it's all quiet and I'm about to go to bed I sit and think 'exams are coming up soon, I need to pull myself together and get loads of revision done tomorrow to make up for the lack of it so far!' feeling guilty, but then the next day comes... and I never do the amount of work I say I'll do. Usually I avoid it again by eating breakfast, then relaxing for a bit, and before I know it half the day has gone by again...

Hey perhaps if you came round mine it may prove more productive. You can make the sandwiches and I can draw some mind ups :tongue:
30% Music, 15% German and Mocks in all subjects next week, haven't started revising yet.
nooo youre not the only one, and I have exams in January as well fml. My problem is, I end up staring at my books and not actually learning/absorbing any of the info :/
Original post by koyes uddin
HHAHAHAHAHHA...... dude this is the story of my life i got exams on the 10, 12th and 14th.

i keep thinking of other things like what is the purpose of life lol

the other day for some reason i felt like watching the biography of gandhi for no particular reason instead of revising lol wdf

Lol well I decided to start arguing theology on TSR... >.<

Been working so so hard though.
Original post by Fandabidoze!
Hopefully the New Year will bring a new enthusiasm for revision. However that means I've still got 2 more full days of procrastination left.

Current excuse for my lifestyle at the moment.
Reply 46
Original post by Lamps08
Hey perhaps if you came round mine it may prove more productive. You can make the sandwiches and I can draw some mind ups :tongue:

Haha, good plan. That would still leave me procrastinating though :colonhash:
Original post by koyes uddin
Goodluck mate..... im in my final year of law at uni so i cant afford to mess about this year gona start revising right now lol

hahah i dnt really get distracted by the student room tbh its more my mind it just wonders lol

bdw what exams you got?

Thankss, you too!! :smile:

Oh wow, I'm only in my AS year. :colondollar: Biology, Chemistry, Maths (all in the same week) and then Psychology the week after. Good luck with your exams. :biggrin:
Original post by Lamps08
Are you dumb son?

No, I can speak fine thanks.

I don't know the ins and outs to rhyming rules, and nor do I care, they just sound like they rhyme. I take it they don't, my bad. :rolleyes:
Reply 49
Original post by Paranoid//Android
No, I can speak fine thanks.

I don't know the ins and outs to rhyming rules, and nor do I care, they just sound like they rhyme. I take it they don't, my bad. :rolleyes:

Ok then
Reply 50
I revised until the 24th.. ever since I've done nothing
Reply 51
ur not alone, for me i open my textbook, i read for 25 mins and i tell myself 'i need a break' but my break involves going on TSR and playing tap tap revenge for like 1 hour non-stop, and then to get back to revision, it's like climbing mount everest some times
Reply 52
i can! kind of.. i did like 3-4 hours today..

then again, my first exam is on 18th, then 24th and then 27th and i've already covered most of the stuff from before.

ucas offers really do motivate you.

put it this way, if you wanna get AAAAAAAAAAAA or what not, revise now; otherwise you can have fun retaking in june and balancing god knows how many exams, i know a person who's got 9 exams in jan.
OMG this is my home. I thought I was the only one. My friends revise A LOT and stay up till 3am/4am and sometimes don't sleep at all! I don't know how people have such a long concentration span, I see one tiny fly on the window and stare at it for an hour, shame I can't do it to my book :frown:

I have exams on 19th, 24th andd 28th.
Reply 54
Instead of revising I'm working my way through teaching myself all the cool sounding guitar parts on slash's album.

After that I'll probably move onto another album. I have the worst work ethic ever.
Reply 55
Four exams and still can't force myself to work; however in my quest to avoid work I've tidied my room, read lord of the rings and went for daily runs. So my theory is if I find something even worse than revising g I'd do that instead, yet trouble is to find something worse than study!
I've been so caught up with UCAS and portfolio that I haven't been able to start.

Well, that's my excuse anyway.
Reply 57
no, lots of people have the same problem. you must find a way that works for you. try working in a coffee shop or library where there is nothing to distract you. allow yourself a break every couple of hours to keep your concentration up.

i used to pace up & down my room, answering questions in an imaginary viva voce. when I'd gone through all the important facts about something 2 or 3 times I'd move on to the next topic.
I've just resorted to cleaning my Swiss Army Knife as a way to procrastinate :lolwut:.
Reply 59
Original post by im so academic
:five:

I'm just going to wing it. :ahee:

Your 14, what exams have you got? Mini ones? LAWL.

Quick Reply

Latest