Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Film of the Year watch

• View Poll Results: What do you think has been the best film released this year?
    Inception
    44.52%
    Shutter Island
    8.22%
    Catfish
    1.37%
    The Town
    2.05%
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World
    4.11%
    Toy Story 3
    8.22%
    The Social Network
    7.53%
    Monsters
    0.68%
    Four Lions
    1.37%
    Kick-Ass
    2.05%
    A Prophet (Un prophe)
    3.42%
    The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    0%
    Up In The Air
    0%
    Buried
    0.68%
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
    9.59%
    Other
    6.16%

ReputationRep:
    Enter the Void

Nothing from the past 10 years, let alone this year alone, comes remotely close to the experience this film provides the viewer.

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    and anyway, Saw is awful now. 7 films in as many years? really? It should have stopped at Saw 3
    The twists got more ridiculous and less shocking with the subsequent sequels as well.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't critically acclaimed, didn't do well at the box office, but for some reason my favourite film of the year was The Runaways.

ReputationRep:
    An epic of epic epicness. Nothing came close, really, despite my fanboy status for both Potter and Pixar. I'm not a very active moviegoer though, compared to some, still haven't seen The Social Network.

ReputationRep:
    Martin Scorsese is a class writer and director, shutter Island for me

ReputationRep:
    I thought Inception was outstanding, as was Enter The Void, but in my opinion, Shutter Island is a superior film to either of them, so it gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Un prophete or das weisse bande.
    Shocking that the latter isn't on the voting list.
    But seriously, was inception that good? I mean, it wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but will it be so great after the first cinema-experience? I think not.

Edit: I realised shortly after writing that das weisse band was released in 2009. FAIL.

ReputationRep:
    well there were some cracker-jacks this year but there can only be one winner...INCEPTION!!!

ReputationRep:
    Inception

ReputationRep:
    Inception.

ReputationRep:
    Inception!

ReputationRep:
    Inception was epic
    But I loved toy story 3, brilliant end to the best animated movie

ReputationRep:
    I voted other due to Black Swan (amazing film!!!), then realised it's not out here til 2011.
    Top 5 of the year are prolly:

1. The Social Network
    2. Inception
    3. Kick-Ass
    4. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
    5. Toy Story 3

ReputationRep:
    Oh just wanted to bring up Easy A.... it is on the original Film of 2010 list right? deserves to be anyway

ReputationRep:
    rubber dingy rapids bro!

ReputationRep:
    To me the best film of the year was:....

Toy Story 3...What an end to the trilogy. Really was. In a way that was not a kids film. The clever people at Pixar aimed it at it's now teenage audience who had grown up with the gang. And it tugged at the subject where our heartstrings are the most weak...growing up! Splendid splendid splendid film!

Special mentions include:

The shockingly awesome film of the year - The social network. What am intelligent and to a point quite moving movie. Of course I doubt it was like the real life scenario...but how gripping and compelling! Plus...apparently Justin Timberlake can act?!? Who knew!

The film that has me gripping me hair in frustration: Harry Potter and the deathly hallows. It's a known fact that I love the hp franchise and although this wasn't
    my favourite and at points I completely disagreed with the directing, I loved every sodding minute of it! However, the ending means I have to wait until July 2011!!! Argh!

Worse film I'm seen this year: Hhhhmm this is a toughy! Probably Alice and Wonderland for it's sheer disappointment. I don't know why...but it just didn't flow!

Surprised film that I liked: Embarrisingly enough I hugely enjoyed remember me, so much I even cried! What a sop...and I only went to see it because the fil
    I wanted to see was sold out! Maybe it was just because I was having a big reunion with my best friend...or maybe it was actually quite enjoyable.

The movie I can't believe I haven't seen yet: Inception! Literally, why have I not seen this movie yet?!? It's Leonardo Di Caprio. It's freaky dreams. It's actions. It's Leonardo di Caprio!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sadly I haven't seen Inception (actually rented it today to watch tomorrow). I think though, that Robin Hood should definitely be on that list. Green Zone was also good, though I wouldn't say the best.

ReputationRep:
    The Russell Crowe Robin Hood was rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    The Town. It's excellent. Ben Affleck's a god.

ReputationRep:
    Inception, but that's out of the few films that I had the chance to watch this year

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.