ReputationRep:
    It will be brilliant in the class register:
    "Christmas?"
    "Present!"
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I'll stick with Lily for a girl and Noah for a boy thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl called Christmas who wasn't even born around Christmas. I don't think it's that bad a name.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the name Castiel is being used because of Supernatural. Nice name, but I wouldn't give it to a kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnitup)
    Hi, today i went with my parents to my Aunts house as she just had a baby. When i asked what his name was she answered 'Christmas as he was born on Christmas day' WTFFFFFFF!!! I swear i nearly dropped the child out of shock!This poor innocent child will go through life with the name CHRISTMAS due to the unfortunate circumstances of his date of birth, she might as well carve 'OPEN TARGERT' on his head to make life that bit easier for the bullies of the future. To make it worse his 5 yr old sister has a normal name- Leah

So my question is what is THE most ludicrous name you have heard and Would you subject your child (if you want them) to a 'special' name?
    Christmas? Isn't Jason Statham Lee Christmas in The Expendables film?

I know a person is name is Asfala Saafileen - Arabic for lowest of the low.

ReputationRep:
    A man in the United States had twin sons and called one "Winner" and one "Loser".

The one called Winner became a junkie, Loser became a respected police officer and called affectionately by his colleagues "Lou".

If that isn't pure irony, show me what is.

The name "Christmas" isn't that bad, you can just shorten it to Chris.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .meh.)
    Christmas? Isn't Jason Statham Lee Christmas in The Expendables film?

I know a person is name is Asfala Saafileen - Arabic for lowest of the low.
    Why would you name your child lowest of the low?
    It makes no sense

each to there own i guess

ReputationRep:
    anas butt.

i'm not joking - google it and you'll find out that there are people whose name looks and sounds like 'anus butt' but is actually 'anas butt'.

i really feel sorry for them if they're brought up and go to school in an english speaking country.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you name your child lowest of the low?
    It makes no sense

each to there own i guess
    Oh I forgot to mention, his father doesn't speak Arabic, he just heard and chose the name because he thought it sounds nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I know a girl who is called 'Semen' because in Turkish it is pronounced Seh-mehn and is quite a standard Turkish name...
    I know a 'Gaye' who's Turkish aswell

(Pronounced differently, and we don't live in an English speaking country so it's not that terrible)

ReputationRep:
    we have an institution checking the namers before they appear on your document of birth. it was not possible to call a child Pfefferminz (pepermint), Tannenbaum (christmas tree) or Scheißerle (a nicer form of ****). this was in Germany but I think it makes sense.

My son is called Julian Viviano but he does not even know his second name. :-)

but I really hate my name. Cynthia pronounced the German way would be Sinti. Does not matter if it was a greek godess or not. sounds awful. I like the British way of pronouncing it but only a few people here could pronounce a proper th....... so I have to live with it. :-(

naming a child after a serial killer is really sick....

ReputationRep:
    My mum's friend recently had twins and has named the Nature and Nurture. Our attempts to changer her mind fell on deaf ears......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mare?)
    I know a 'Gaye' who's Turkish aswell

(Pronounced differently, and we don't live in an English speaking country so it's not that terrible)
    I quite like the name 'Turgay,' pronounced like 'Tour-guy,' but I don't think I'd ever name a son with such a name.

Looking at the responses on this thread, I still can't see anything worse than 'Semen.'

ReputationRep:
    Hi, today i went with my parents to my Aunts house as she just had a baby. When i asked what his name was she answered 'Christmas as he was born on Christmas day' WTFFFFFFF!!! I swear i nearly dropped the child out of shock!This poor innocent child will go through life with the name CHRISTMAS due to the unfortunate circumstances of his date of birth, she might as well carve 'OPEN TARGERT' on his head to make life that bit easier for the bullies of the future. To make it worse his 5 yr old sister has a normal name- Leah

So my question is what is THE most ludicrous name you have heard and Would you subject your child (if you want them) to a 'special' name?
    There was a chinese kid 2 years above me with the unfortunate name "Man Ho"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Yeah, she's pregnant again and we suspect this might be the case :facepalm: they are from Essex though...
    Hahaha, sorry but theres a nice normal Emily Rose here, born and breed in Essex. There goes that hypothesis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    Haha. Let's hope he has a sense of humour and doesn't change it!
    Oh yeah, there's a chinese guy in my year called "Pei Long Dong". Classic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .meh.)
    Oh I forgot to mention, his father doesn't speak Arabic, he just heard and chose the name because he thought it sounds nice.
    The fact that he doesnt speak Arabic makes it even the situation even worse........

ReputationRep:
    i was almost called iaien (yi-yen) :O

there was a girl in the year below me called Summer Field

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat-x)
    My mum's friend recently had twins and has named the Nature and Nurture. Our attempts to changer her mind fell on deaf ears......
    Sorry, but that is so so bad... Poor poor Nature and Nurture!!

ReputationRep:
    There not terrible names but they are unusual...neighbours on my old street. One had a girl called Primrose and one had a boy called Hector
    My little one's called Holly Louise...pretty bog standard!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.