Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you EVER date a foreign man? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you ever date a foreign man?
    Yes, I would
    85.33%
    No way, I wouldn't
    14.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    Yes, if they were from anywhere except Eastern Europe, because they are thieves and they would probably steal your clothes when having sex. All others are fine.
    So no Slovenes? Why do you think that about Eastern European men? They do also probably have their own clothes btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenEyedGal)
    I doubt there are many girls who would date Somalians, Singaporeans, Samoans, Indians or Nigerians etc. So it would be more pertinant to divide them into more specific groups such as Europeans, Asians, Africans etc.
    All of them are foreign however, most women would date a french or dutch guy, however most women (not all of the mind you) would not date an Indian guy.
    How come? I have plenty of Singaporean friends and they appear to date people from all over the world but I'm not sure if any have ever shown any intent of dating a British female.

Are these the nationalities the press has a negative opinion about btw?

ReputationRep:
    relax man. date asian, black, white whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    How come? I have plenty of Singaporean friends and they appear to date people from all over the world but I'm not sure if any have ever shown any intent of dating a British female.

Are these the nationalities the press has a negative opinion about btw?
    The press has no negative opinion on any nationality. It has more to do with physical attraction and cultural attraction. I have never heard of the media having negative opinions about one specific nationality, even from the Daily Mail.

The underlying fact is that the vast majority of women want White european/Western boyfriends, mixed race couples whilst having increased are still pretty rare, as most British/European girls I know (and I have lived in many European countries) simply want a white boyfriend. A British born Indian or Pakistani etc. will have more chance than an Indian/ Pakistani born person. I think South Asian culture is a turn off. I have had this discussion with many of my girlfriend and the general concensus is 'why would I go for an Nigerian or Pakistani guy if I could simply get a white guy'. If girls were nearly as attracted to Indian, Pakistani, nigerian men as they are with white men, then there would be far more multi racial couples. I think most of the posts on this forum pretty much sum this up.

ReputationRep:
    sorry accidentally clicked noway... but i would considering i'm foreign :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.student)
    relax man. date asian, black, white whatever.
    Lol no - I meant foreign men.

ReputationRep:
    I think South Asian culture is a turn off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6RgIf6epQ

ReputationRep:
    can i interest anyone in hanukah?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, have done before and most probably will do again. Why wouldn't I?
    I'm the product of an English woman dating, and then marrying, a foreigner too...it's hardly a new thing :p:

ReputationRep:
    of course ^.^ koreans :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as long as we can understand each other than why not?

ReputationRep:
    The press has no negative opinion on any nationality. It has more to do with physical attraction and cultural attraction. I have never heard of the media having negative opinions about one specific nationality, even from the Daily Mail.

The underlying fact is that the vast majority of women want White european/Western boyfriends, mixed race couples whilst having increased are still pretty rare, as most British/European girls I know (and I have lived in many European countries) simply want a white boyfriend. A British born Indian or Pakistani etc. will have more chance than an Indian/ Pakistani born person. I think South Asian culture is a turn off. I have had this discussion with many of my girlfriend and the general concensus is 'why would I go for an Nigerian or Pakistani guy if I could simply get a white guy'. If girls were nearly as attracted to Indian, Pakistani, nigerian men as they are with white men, then there would be far more multi racial couples. I think most of the posts on this forum pretty much sum this up.
    Actually that makes sense in that the model of male beauty in the UK would be for paler men, so presumably British women would find the complexions and features of coloured men often quite ugly and intimidating. What do fashion magazines etc. say? But aren't there quite a few mixed-race couples in London? Maybe it tends to be the female who is more darker-skinned though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Actually that makes sense in that the model of male beauty in the UK would be for paler men, so presumably British women would find the complexions and features of coloured men often quite ugly and intimidating. What do fashion magazines etc. say? But aren't there quite a few mixed-race couples in London? Maybe it tends to be the female who is more darker-skinned though?
    It is not that girls find coloured faces ugly or intimidating. Its just that the majority of women simply more attracted to white guys. But in context to the question. I think cultural attraction is also very important. Other European cultures can be very attractive, whilst non European cultures are not really.

ReputationRep:
    French men :love:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Foreign accents...

ReputationRep:
    It is not that girls find coloured faces ugly or intimidating. Its just that the majority of women simply more attracted to white guys. But in context to the question. I think cultural attraction is also very important. Other European cultures can be very attractive, whilst non European cultures are not really.
    But wouldn't darker skin and features of coloured men be deemed unattractive in the UK and British fashion magazines? Which non-European cultures are deemed ugly? And is it because of lack of gender equality in some nations outside Europe? (I think Norway, Sweden and Iceland have been most progressive in that regard).

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    From British to Spaniards to Italian up to French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkb230)
    I don't know if you're from up north or not but no offence to anyone from there, but I can actually understand Polish people who speak broken English better than most Northerners. e.g. John Bishop, I seriously do not understand a word he says.
    HA, seriously? Anyway, all my foreign friends say Northern is more easy to understand because we pronounce things more as they are spelt. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmicronPersei8)
    Alexander Skasgard :coma:
    YES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauriC)
    YES!
    Thank you! :five:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.