The Student Room Group

Did you cry when Princess Diana died?

Scroll to see replies

I don't even think I ever heard anything about it until like 2005 or something.
too young to give a fook really...but yeah remember flicking through every channel and all had the same news on
I was 9. Was on holiday, I think. Didn't cry.
Reply 43
God I despise the Diana love-in culture. It's pitiful and pathetic. Anybody who cried on her death (apart from those who knew her personally, obviously) needs a wake up call.
I wouldn't cry if my favourite celebrities die, why should I care about royalty? It's a tragedy, sure, but I don't personally know them, and they don't produce anything that I use, so really, why should I care?
I had a **** when she died.
Reply 46
If I did, it was because the children's TV programmes were off the air.
Reply 47
Original post by shygirl92
:colondollar:

where were you and how did you hear of the news? Did it affect you at all?

Spoiler

did you happen to watch that 3 hour documentary on sky3 today?!
Reply 48
My tamogotchi died the same day. I was more upset about that TBH.
Not back when she died....didn't really care but now the question is who killed her and why?
I just remember my mum laughing about me to her friends on the phone...

Apparently I had written about her death in my weekend diary at school, and made a big deal out of it. I had no idea what was going on, just that it was a big deal :dontknow:
Original post by Wowzer_88
did you happen to watch that 3 hour documentary on sky3 today?!

Kudos to Sky for managing to fill 3 hours of Princess Diana. That is some feat. Unless your the Mail.
I think I was 7, too young to understand really.

I remember going to South Ken with my mum to lay flowers for her though.
All I really remember at the time was that some famous person died, and that apparently it was a really big deal. And I remember on the year anniversary thinking that it had been on the news pretty much constantly for the entire year and wondering why, still not really knowing who she was, but that it was a car crash which may or may not have been a murder...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54
I remember being upset but only because there weren't any cartoons to watch, far too young to understand or care tbh.
I was 12 and I remember a lot about it. I didn't cry, but I did feel solemn because I knew that it was one of those moments I'd always remember. Like 9/11, but on a smaller scale.
I was 5 and I can't even remember knowing about it at the time tbh. But I don't really cry when people I don't know personally die anyway.
Went downstairs to watch some weekend TV, probably around 6am or so. Then some woman in a newsroom, probably GMTV or something, said that she died. Ended up going upstairs to tell my Dad.

Dunno how I felt about it though. Not sure if I even knew who she was, perhaps I did know as it was important that I woke my parents up.
Being a child at the time, I bawled fiercely...at the fact that my programmes were cancelled.

Yeah, I was heartless.
Considering I wasn't even two, I didn't cry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending