Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The only excuse for ugly girls is laziness. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does I have a fetish about seeing people touch their eyes/eye lids (incl myself) count as a viable excuse? It makes it *really* hard to put on mascara/ eyeliner so I am always having to drag one of my friends into doing it for me.
    I am going to make myself stick to a diet after new year though, just want to loose about half a stone.
    Anyway - why am I explaining myself to you? Ugliness isn't someththing that can be drawn away with makeup and anyway it's what's inside that counts (clichéd though that is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not bragging but I got a six pack pretty easily by doing 100 sit ups a day for a month and no matter how much I eat I still have the lining just that my six pack would be bigger if I exercised. Technically I'm lazy but still that's simple. Having pimple free skin is harder because of what I eat but drinking a litre of water a day would get rid of most of it for me.
    People are different though, different genetics I guess and there's no point complaining why other people are different because they just are so everyone just needs to accept it. I only said the first bit so someone doesn't say I'm fat or something and that's why I'm saying it.
    I'd thumb you up, but I've used mine up for today I used to do ab workout every day as well, but it became more of an obsession and because I never got happy with the way I looked, I just read thin everywhere, I was on the verge of an eating disorder. Nothing above 50kg was an acceptable weight. Because even though I was ugly, being thin would make me pretty, right? Which is why I worry about threads like these.. So much focus on looks.. And the OPs don't realise the pressure they put on some young girls, who randomly read this when googling stuff like "what is beautiful" or "do I have to be thin to be pretty" etc.
    They will read, "ugly face is ok but you have to be thin", and obsess about it. And "if you're not thin and pretty, you're lazy."

And make-up isn't cover-up, it only enhances good features.
    So I'll have to disagree with this statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placebo24)
    Yeah and ugly guys can just go get a six pack.

Get real.
    Yeah, I tried that and it didn't work.

But then I won the lottery and suddenly I became the most attractive guy that I knew.

Weird.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that someone needed an excuse for not looking how you want them to look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    So you're attracted to the makeup and haircut, not the girls?

Have fun when moving in with a girlfriend. She won't be all stashed up all the time.

EDIT: And it's not really simple to acheive a good figure. For one it takes years to lose weight. And to maintain. If it was that easy, all girls would be Jessica Albas. Even thin girls can be out of proportion and considered unattractive.
    It are guys like this who are the reason young girls get eating disorders.

It's like saying "guys who are unattractive are lazy. it's easy to build muscles and get a good figure, have a good haircut and use skin products for oily/pimply skin." You're just as lazy.
    Isn't that true?? At least I believe it is.. Having decent fashion sense can go a long way, there are so many things guys can do to make themselves more attractive, yet the percentage who actually strive to do this is minimal, and the proportion who complain about their perceived lack of looks, height, features etc etc is far larger....

In the end people like to pretend and repeat to themselves (and therefore believe it eventually) that the reason they aren't as successful with the opposite sex as they'd like is due to the thing they aren't satisfied with whether it be looks, height, features etc etc but in reality they are using this as a mask to justify this "problem" and can be extremely bad as it stops their personal/self development.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. That's like saying everyone can be a Cambridge Mathematician, all they need to do is study maths 24/7, completely ridiculous.

But here's the main reason why:

http://postworthy.com/ContributorImages/butter-face.jpg

No amount of make-up can help that girl out, what she needs is plastic surgery.

ReputationRep:
    Make up can do a LOT if you're skilled with it

for example:

http://i.imgur.com/pKy5x.jpg

She looks like two different people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Post Apocalypse)

for example:

I'd still bukkake on her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I'm sick of the number of girls who moan and complain about being 'ugly. For a girl it is incredibly easy to make yourself attractive. Having a good figure is really simple to achieve and maintain with little exercise and a decent diet. Facially, good makeup can transform even the biggest munters into acceptable standards. Most girls aspire to look good, yet they simply don't make the effort.
    I know what you mean, I feel sorry for guys. A girl can wear makeup, do her hair differently, clothes to hide the fat, but guys don't have many options, if they're ugly, they're stuck with it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but not to the extremes you think.

I think make up and fashion and figure can make a plain uglyish girl good looking, but also I think it can make a good looking girl bad because it seems they are overdoing it.

Also the amount of girls(mostly under 25) that I know or see that are relatively attractive but then go overboard and think they are gorgeous that can look average(but still quite good looking) without it thinking they are naturally far far better looking than someone who may not put the time and effort into their looks when the only difference is just that, time and effort.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content...e-makeup-1.jpg
    http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content...e-makeup-9.jpg

ReputationRep:

for example:

woahh that just blew my mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I'm sick of the number of girls who moan and complain about being 'ugly. For a girl it is incredibly easy to make yourself attractive. Having a good figure is really simple to achieve and maintain with little exercise and a decent diet. Facially, good makeup can transform even the biggest munters into acceptable standards. Most girls aspire to look good, yet they simply don't make the effort.
    And What? What's the point mentioning it here? What will you get if you are right / wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Laziness may be one cause of ugliness in girls but lack of funds is a real biggie 2. Looking good costs a lot of good cash and people like me just arent ready 2 give up so much of our hard earned wages on something we dont care that much about. But ur right that we shouldnt complain about it then. (I dont)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    Are 9 in 10 men really that lazy?
    I am, and I will freely admit it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    Well, it depends how fat you are in the first place and all that.. This inspiring woman lost 47 lbs in a year and a half, and she runs freakin 2 hours every second day.

I've been going to the gym 4 times a week for 2 years, I wasn't really fat in the first place, but I still feel insecure because of posts like this imply that I'm lazy.

So guys, how long does it take you do build muscle and get a decent body? It's easy, just go to the gym and eat protein. Some can't because of genetics. And all the rest? Are 9 in 10 men really that lazy?
    just have a browse through some of the transformation people have made on this forum

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...59701&page=242

they have lost way more than that women in way less time, good on her for doing something but it's not that impressive.

saying you can't do anything because of your genetics is the lazy way out, and yes the majority of people are too lazy to do anything about their body. If your happy as you are that's fine but don't say you can't do anything about it.

ReputationRep:

for example:

Cheers for that mate. I'm not sleeping with a girl until they take their make-up off now, otherwise I'll puke all over the ***** in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drumzilla)

saying you can't do anything because of your genetics is the lazy way out, and yes the majority of people are too lazy to do anything about their body. If your happy as you are that's fine but don't say you can't do anything about it.
    Proof of this, or did you pull this out of your ass.

People reach a plateau so they can lose a certain amount of weight fast then slows down.

And age comes into play too with something like this as peoples bodies slow down when they get older, and older doesnt mean 30's or 40's.

I am not saying genetics does affect it, more that natural metabolism due to things like age does.

You can easily say you can do something about anything but that doesnt mean its simple or quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drumzilla)
    I'm not saying it is impossible, I'm just saying that you can't "just lose weight and be done with it", it's a long process. Though many do sports and gym regularely, to lose weight is such a journey.

And you can't work off that big nose, or ugly eyes, or big hands or bony arms or ugly proportions, etc, which is what I mean by genetics.

Please read my last post further up, I'm done with this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    So you're attracted to the makeup and haircut, not the girls?

Have fun when moving in with a girlfriend. She won't be all stashed up all the time.

EDIT: And it's not really simple to acheive a good figure. For one it takes years to lose weight. And to maintain. If it was that easy, all girls would be Jessica Albas. Even thin girls can be out of proportion and considered unattractive.
    It are guys like this who are the reason young girls get eating disorders.

It's like saying "guys who are unattractive are lazy. it's easy to build muscles and get a good figure, have a good haircut and use skin products for oily/pimply skin." You're just as lazy.
    No I'm not attracted to makeup but it can be used effectively to enhance features and produce an attractive look. Haircut and clothes are usually an extension of a girls personality, I would be more attracted to girls with
    more style.

I agree that some guys are lazy aswell but it's not as easy. Losing weight is far easier than gaining lean muscle and it's pretty hard to improve facial features.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.