Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you date a Japanese/Oriental guy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess6893)
    I find a lot of them really attractive, and I'd love to learn the language
    but in general they don't appear to date people outside of their race? Or is that just a bad observation on my part?
    Depends on the guy.

You get the real fobby ones who only hang out with people within their race.

Then you get the really awkward ones who ask the same question as the OP (though it looks like the OP isn't one of these guys, before it looks like I'm saying he is such a person).

Then you get the normal guys who are just into whoever.

Personally, I wouldn't really date within my race since a lot of East Asian girls seem to have as much personality as a toothpick. That said, most East Asian guys are pretty much the same.

ReputationRep:
    ^ How could you say that about your own race?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    ^ How could you say that about your own race?!
    Because I'm a race traitor

Seriously, it's just down to personal experience. I don't prescribe to all that East Asian clique-ness so I'm not going to make friends with them solely because we're the same race. I make friends because I find them interesting or fun in some way.

I haven't met many East Asians who are exactly that interesting, to be entirely honest.

The ones I've met also seem to have this us vs them mentality. Not really into that either.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not. Personality is a must, the race not so much.

ReputationRep:
    but in general they don't appear to date people outside of their race? Or is that just a bad observation on my part?
    generally i guess, i've been out with a white girl before and so has my other chinese friend... i've rarely seen other oriental people dating outside our race though :/

ReputationRep:
    I can assure you it is not the case, merely a bad observation.

ReputationRep:
    CALL MR SMURF!!

This will blow his mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    I really like Japanese girls and I'm pretty sure most guys wouldn't say no to dating a Japanese girl. But what about you girls....would you date a Japanese or other Oriental guy?

It just seems like a lot of girls don't go for Oriental guys, but I may be wrong. I think Oriental people and their culture are cool!
    Why would you date a Japanese girl when you are so popular with the white girls?

ReputationRep:
    When will TSR realise that the answer to all of these questions is "some do, some don't".

Like...seriously.

ReputationRep:
    **** no they smell of noodles.

Wait...I like noodles...

SCHWEET!

no, i like big *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no, i like big *****
    Hands? Noses? Elbows? Wait that one doesn't fit.

Spoiler:
    Show
    THE LAST ONE DOESN'T FIT.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! If they are hansome, why not??
    I love the eastern asia culture and I love japanese food!

ReputationRep:
    Well I know that white girls never go for Oriental guys. It sucks for me because I am an Oriental guy and I really like white girls :sad:.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely would. The only thing that would put me off is height as i'm 5"10 and Oriental guys are stereotyped as being short (although since being at Uni i've encountered more Oriental people and they're not as short as i was lead to believe.)

ReputationRep:
    **** yeah! Japanese girls are hot. Oh damn, just read the thread again. Fail

ReputationRep:
    I am not the least bit attracted to oriental men, so no I would not date a Chinese or Japanese guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My flatmate is currently dating him. They've been together for almost 2 years now. He's hot though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9...3657815.th.jpg
    EWWW no not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeowKittenMeow)
    EWWW no not really.
    I AM SURE THIS GUY IS WAY HOTTER THAN MOST CAUCASIAN, BLACK AND LATIN MEN

http://photo.zing.vn/photo/gallery/detail.230808.html
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Fish

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.