Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    Where have you put your tactical insertion brah?
    Your spawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    Your spawn
    Oh ****.

ReputationRep:
    I share your theory. It'll be like going to sleep forever, which sounds good to me
    But if there's a god and it's not Morgan freeman, I WILL be pissed.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think its just like non existence, going to sleep, in essence "you" dont exist your self image does.

Maybe your soul goes and reincarnates somewhere else depending on your energy frequency and karma. I mean who were we when we were in our mothers stomach or sperm etc. It must be rebirth. and souls come and go or something.

Buddhists who are extremely experienced in meditation say they know what theyve done in their past lives.

I dont really know though and I dont think theres much to fear, because if you were dead I dont think youd be aware of it.

ReputationRep:
    your energy transfers.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think that you can have an overview of your life, not only re-seeing previous memories but also seeing what would have happened if you had made the other decision.

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Think back to how it was like before you was even conceived.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I think that it'll just be like before you were born. But i'd like to think that upon death, your brain releases some sort of chemical that sustains a peaceful feeling... Nobody will ever be sure though.

ReputationRep:
    You know how we can't really communicate with animals? Well imagine if animals were dead people! That would be cool.

ReputationRep:
    Physically you decompose or burn, depending on whether you are cremated or buried.

In terms of your consciousness and mental state, I believe you will experience nothing, like sleeping without waking up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luuucyx)
    your energy transfers.
    Why even bother writing this utter ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexx53)
    Why does there have to be a point to life?
    I was about to post this. As humans, it is in our nature to search for meaning and patterns where there are none (in random occurrences or sequences). [SOURCES: http://www.scientificamerican.com/po...e-exi-08-10-03http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ngful-patterns]Why should life be any different?

Why is it so difficult to accommodate the possibility that we are here purely by chance through one random event preceding another? People may argue that the probability of such events happening at exactly the right time/speed etc. is incredibly low, but then again, so is the probability of the single sperm that is partly responsible for you, reaching the ovum.

I always end up debating this with my Dad.

ReputationRep:
    You die and you rot. Your consciousness ceases to exist as the worms feed. The end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    Why even bother writing this utter ****?
    hahaha sorryy post police

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there is no hell, but heaven/ a spirit realm where souls rest after they have passed over. I feel that we do reincarnate, and the people we reincarnate as depends on life lessons you are meant to learn, karma, etc. I also believe that when we die, the heaven we experience is based off of our Earthly beliefs, but then we are shown and experience it's true form once we have become accustomed to no longer being on Earth. Then, we rest, and, when we are ready, we reincarnate as someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Decomposition probably takes place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    In all honesty, I think that it'll just be like before you were born. But i'd like to think that upon death, your brain releases some sort of chemical that sustains a peaceful feeling... Nobody will ever be sure though.
    I mixed up your sig and your post... Wow, if death felt like xmas.

I guess it depends on how you die. It's not inconceivable that some ways will be peaceful... I mean, people dying of cold feel like going to sleep, which is a sort of change from the "omg so painful it's cold!".

Read this http://blog.granneman.com/2008/12/08...uted-and-more/
    Drowning - '“There is a feeling of tearing and a burning sensation in the chest as water goes down into the airway. Then that sort of slips into a feeling of calmness and tranquility,” says Tipton, describing reports from survivors.'

ReputationRep:
    "Death is the release from all pain and complete cessation, beyond which our suffering will not extend. It will return us to that condition of tranquility, which we had enjoyed before we were born. Should anyone mourn the deceased, then he must also mourn the unborn. Death is neither good nor evil, for good or evil can only be something that actually exists. However, whatever is of itself nothing and which transforms everything else into nothing will not all be able to put us at the mercy of Fate. "

I pretty much agree with this guy, now I'll just get on with my life.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is depressing.

Logically I'd say rot but I have the belief that our soul continues on, there are many unexplained stories Ive heard that really question past lives or contact from the dead which have no other explantation these things cement my belief. I really do hope the world isn't bleak and awful as it appears and that theres some "magic" at least somewhere and it isn't just the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eallen)
    i think we must be born again - but no memory of the previous life or anything - although it may shape the person your born to be - say if you die from drowning you may have a fear of water.
    What if you die from being raped?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.