Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi..
    am 23.. will be pursuing a postgrad in acc and finance.. they gave me opal 2..
    going by the posts.. it seems most of us are barely in our mid-twenties... so.. really!?! "mature applicants!!!?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    hi..
    am 23.. will be pursuing a postgrad in acc and finance.. they gave me opal 2..
    going by the posts.. it seems most of us are barely in our mid-twenties... so.. really!?! "mature applicants!!!?"
    Well, actually if you're 23 and starting a postgraduate course then you don't qualify as a mature student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peregrinum)
    Well, actually if you're 23 and starting a postgraduate course then you don't qualify as a mature student.
    umm... well.. then how do u define a mature applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    umm... well.. then how do u define a mature applicant?
    Personally, I wouldn't consider a student to be mature unless he/she was at least 10 years older than the people who go to university right after high school (so close to 30).

However, the regulations (or whatever) say that a mature student is a person who's 21 or over on the first day of an undergraduate course or 25 and over on the first day of a postgraduate course. If you're 23 and starting your grad studies then congrats - you're a "normal" grad student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peregrinum)
    Personally, I wouldn't consider a student to be mature unless he/she was at least 10 years older than the people who go to university right after high school (so close to 30).

However, the regulations (or whatever) say that a mature student is a person who's 21 or over on the first day of an undergraduate course or 25 and over on the first day of a postgraduate course. If you're 23 and starting your grad studies then congrats - you're a "normal" grad student.
    ohh ok then! I was hoping to find some PG students here though...

ReputationRep:
    Hey-oh, I'm 21 and confirmed to study English Language and Literature. I'll be staying in Broad Lane Court! (Seems there's a lot of mature folk going to BLC?)

ReputationRep:
    Yo, I'm 21 and got Broad Lane Court too. What Flat you in? I'm in 4.

(Original post by Routhy)
    Hey-oh, I'm 21 and confirmed to study English Language and Literature. I'll be staying in Broad Lane Court! (Seems there's a lot of mature folk going to BLC?)

ReputationRep:
    Flat 1 Room 5, methinks we'll be neighbours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuskyC)
    I've applied for Broad Lane Court

so.. did they allocate you yet..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    so.. did they allocate you yet..?
    They allocated me yesterday flat 13, room 5.

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, more people in Broad Lane Court! There seem to be a lot of flats, how many people are there per flat?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Im new to the forum but not Sheffield - having studied Biomaterials Science and tissue engineering there for 4 years. Going back to do a PhD and have persuaded my dad that it would be better for him to be my landlord and here it is!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33644276.html

Going to be living with my old housemate, Colin and hopefully another mature student but yet to sort anything out. Everyone seems to be going for flats!

Oh and Hi DuskyC - nice to see another person from the West country discovering how great Sheffield is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJoeL)
    Oh and Hi DuskyC - nice to see another person from the West country discovering how great Sheffield is!
    Hi I've noticed a few of us actually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuskyC)
    This is a fairly old thread, but is there anyone else in their 20s off to Sheffield in September? (I'm 23)
    Hey I'm at Sheffield this coming year. Am 21 and going to be in Endcliffe halls :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming this Sept for MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL, and i'm 24 staying in west one apartments. What courses are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07734)
    Yo, I'm 21 and got Broad Lane Court too. What Flat you in? I'm in 4.
    I'm in flat 1 - I guess we'll only be a few doors down from one another!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.