Girls - What body shape are you? How do you know? Watch

Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by oh-my-diddy)
I'd just thought i'd give my input. A pineapple.
I thought you were Diamond shaped lol
caiitlinz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by joanna-eve)
Wow, I never realised there was so much variety :L My measurements are 34-31-37 so only a 6ins difference... and the 34 is the fullest part of my boobs too
:c To be honest, you probably don't want my figure XD It means I need to buy embarrasingly large sizes for some things and tehy end up not fitting in the right places :/ Nah, I have friends who have an even bigger differnece.

And besides, you can always get a gel bra
IlexBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hourglass, score.

I was a ruler up until about two months ago. Late development for the win.
oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Khodu)
I thought you were Diamond shaped lol
Loooooooooool na bun that. It's all about the pineapple or Watermelon. I'm a watermelon, i roll about all over the place.
JunePlum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hour glass

How do I know?.....

I looked in the mirror..
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[QUOTE=oh-my-diddy;29946308]Loooooooooool na bun that. It's all about the pineapple or Watermelon. I'm a watermelon, i roll about all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that made me laugh
SAK.A
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hollywoodbudgie)

Read about it here.
Where's the coke bottle shape?
caiitlinz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha, if you say so. I got a dress from TK Maxx before xmas and it's a US size 5/6 but it's only fitted around the chest and is free around the body, the only time I'll ever fit a size 8 lol. I have really muscly legs from fencing and ballet too so I get self conscious about that in case people just think they're fat
But it is rather annoying being about a size 12 body with size 8 boobs
Yeah, that can be pretty annoying, well in the opposite way for me XD I fit in to size 10-12 tops, but because of my chest it just looks really bad :/ And anything that does fit my chest is baggy everywhere else :c

I have the same problems with my legs though, because I do martial arts and hockey (and the fact that I'm naturally stocky) my muscles are... large and well defined. Great if you're a guy, not so much for skirts/skinny jeans. XD
Claire_Spoon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xharrietxx)
I'm a pear-heavier on the bottom. There's a website that calculates your body shape for you if you type in your bust, waist and hip measurements. This is the link http://www.shopyourshape.com/
According to that, I'm a spoon shape...

How very appropriate. :awesome:
Luceria
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm pear shaped. Small waist, wide hips.
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just ate fat chips from the canteen. Guess chips does give you hips. Regret it now. :s: Hence I'm a pear.
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You know by posting half naked photos of yourself on TSR
PinkFriday
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:eek: how big are people's bust/hips??? If I knocked 10ins off my waist there'd be practically nothing there!

As for the topic though, I have no idea what body shape I am. I just pick out clothes I like and try them on. Some suit, some don't. I buy the ones that do

Edited: according to the shopyourshape thingamabob, I have a spoon shape lol but according to the M&S body shape calculator, I'm a pear. Who knows!
Spoon and pear are both the same shape (just different names).
I'm a pear too, technically, as my boobs are smaller than my hip measurement, but I also have broad shoulders, so I'm not sure.
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xharrietxx)
I'm a pear-heavier on the bottom. There's a website that calculates your body shape for you if you type in your bust, waist and hip measurements. This is the link http://www.shopyourshape.com/
Thanks for the link! According to that, I have an hourglass figure My measurements are 35-26-36, anyway. I always go for fitted tops or ones with a belt to show off my waist, and trousers or skirts that minimise my tummy (which sticks out a bit ) and my thighs.
hollywoodbudgie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Khodu)
I don't look like that kinda spoon, more like the pear.
I think pear and spoon is meant to be the same, but the diagram I posted has the body shapes very exaggerated so that it could be easier to distinguish between them.

(Original post by SAK.A)
Where's the coke bottle shape?
That's a type of hourglass shape I think.
Lucygator
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Im pear/ hourglass. My hips are way bigger than my boobs, but apparently its to more to do with shoulder width :s
sweetnesspink
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm an apple. My waist is only a few inches smaller than my bust/hips so I don't have any curves. According to the M&S thing I'm a pear/apple.
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Claire_Spoon)
According to that, I'm a spoon shape...

How very appropriate. :awesome:
I just got that lol :doh: I'm so slow.
ninjacarlotta
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm an hourglass because my bust measurement is the same as my hips measurement (with my waist being about 3/4 the other measurements so not just a wide straight edge)... butbutbut I'm only 5' tall so my horizontal proportions don't go so well with my frame
katyness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazyunicorn133)
What the title says really, I'm sat watching Gok's Fashion Fix, and there is loads of emphasis that in order to dress well, you need to match clothes to your body shape.

When I say body shape I mean like apple, pear, hourglass, boyish etc etc. How do you tell what your body shape is? Does it go on clothes size?

How many of you buy something purely because it's 'aimed' for your body shape, or do you just buy what you think will look good on you regardless?

Hi. I saw one episode on Gok's Fashion that, unlike what most people think, it's the size of your shoulders and hips that determine what shape you are. Im a bit of pear shaped with hourglass because my shoulders are 1cm shorter than my hips. I know it makes more sense thinking about size of boobs and hips but if you think about it, you dont walk around with your arms in the air so it accounts for what shape you are.
Hope this helps, even though a lot of people said otherwise :/

EDIT: forgot to mention the waist measurement too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads