Virgin Media are an utter joke Watch

This discussion is closed.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
Virgin are stupid.

We keep getting letters asking us to sign up with them. We called them and their response was "Oh, because of the house you live in, we can't do it for you". Okay, fair enough. BUT WE STILL KEEP GETTING THE DAMN LETTERS.
How about when you have their service and they still send you letters asking you to sign up... I get really peeved with both Virgin and Sky (as Sky do it too), I mean how hard can it be to see that I have their service thus no need to send me a letter asking for me to sign up
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm with Virgin and all is sweet. I got 20mb it never drops below 18mb and I have only once had a dropped connection for about a hour and bit. In London everyone I know says they are the bomb.
Toppy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by doggyfizzel)
I'm with Virgin and all is sweet. I got 20mb it never drops below 18mb and I have only once had a dropped connection for about a hour and bit. In London everyone I know says they are the bomb.
I completely agree. I'm in London and I get amazing speeds. Always my quoted 10mb/s, never lower than 8 and sometimes even higher. Having said that, upload is crap. Ping is alright.

We've just upgraded to the XL package too!
ocelotrevs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The stuff I've heard here is the complete opposite from what I've experienced.
I've got the 20Mb Internet only package, and I have had no major problems with download speeds, occasionally at peak times it slows down, but that's expected and was also outlined in the T&C's.

I once in a while have to turn the router on and off, but never to the extent that people on here are complaining about. And I live in London. I also play games online, and watch online streams. As do my 3 other flatmates who are also heavy Internet users.

(Original post by doggyfizzel)
Same here, and I regularly check mine.
Sempron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Virgin medias service are okay imo,The uptime of the service is very good....and occasionaly when it does go down for one reason or another they do get it fixed quite quickly.

Their downfall would be customer service & prices.

Customer service - Usualy foreigners who cant speak english very well or clearly...or even worse a quiet line and you can hear what the hell they are saying.
Prices-They do not offer deals to existing customers which is a joke....you phone them up asking for a deal and they come out with the same crap "Thats for new customers only!"...So Virgin media WHAT ABOUT YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMERS?...dont they matter?
Toppy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
By the way, got that upgrade I was talking about. It's great.

mathew551
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They're really good to me.
Astonix
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was browsing the Virgin Media forums and there's a lot of people complaining about their connection, especially with MMOs like RIFT, or World of Wacraft. I personally am having troubles with WoW. It's down to VM's traffic shaping which is now putting gaming into the same bracket as P2P, and thus has low priority, causing latency issues. There's been complaints about it since last year, and they recently said they were trying to fix it in Nov. 2010 yet it's coming up to March 2011 now.

Unlike the others though, every morning my internet will suddenly drop 2-3 times and I suspect its their traffic management suddenly kicking in.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads